Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewDae

Hypocrites rule the world.

It's so fusterating to read the posts and topics on this thread, mostly because I could relate. And it's fusterating for me to know how unfair this is!

You read about "would have been" and "could have been"s. Would have been a social butterfly, but acne got in the way. Could have been the smartest kid in school, but was too busy ditching class and hiding away from the kids who don't understand.

I can't help but imagine the fact of how everyone's lives would have improved without acne. I'm not even talking about myself but everyone. I can't help but find dissapointment in the fact knowing that there's at least even one person out there detached from society and held back because of acne. What if that person was the one who would have cured some disease? Or have done something important? But held back because of acne?

Anyone else get those kinda thoughts???

I have to admit tho, I become a more understanding person I guess because of acne. My friends, all 17 years of age, still laugh and snicker when a obese person walks by.

Boring story: A somewhat chubby (guy) friend of mine was giving me a ride home one day after school, when a girl was jogging by during a red light. She wasn't skinny; somewhere between obese and chubby. She was wearing shorts and a tank top. Running; her arms and legs exposed. My friend made a digusted face then said, "Oh my gosh, she's so fat. Why's she wearing shorts and a tank top?"

But then if a large person was to suicide because of all the insults throughout his or her life, he'd become the most understanding person in the world and say "Oh my gosh. People are so mean. Why would they even do that to her? It's not his/her fault he/she is fat." But I've seen so many people like this throughout my life. Everything seems like a facade.

But my thought: so what if she's chubby? Why can't they wear what they want? Why do they have to hide away wearing baggy sweatshirts and pants. Then I realized: so what if I have acne? Why can't I wear what I want? Why do I have to hide away wearing hoodies and huge scarves?

I've decided to change over winterbreak :] I went shopping, ate whatever I want, kept my mind clear and stress free (as best I could)--and I saw a major improvement in my skin and life. Who cares what such hypocrites say?

It's fusterating, but nobody should live inferior to them. They wouldn't understand in a billion years--so let them be ignorant. Let's all be happy? :]

yeah right on.

I have bad red marks, but i make sure i don't give a damn what everyone else says.

I take great pride in ignoring everyones opinions and not caring for what others think

Yeah, I would probably make fun of people with acne if I never got it either. Not out loud or to their face, but I would probably make jokes in my head and give my friend a look.

Everyone's a hypocrite. Some to lesser extent than others.

I wouldn't make fun of people with acne if my skin was clear. I probably wouldn't even notice it or care about it.

However, even before I had acne, I never really made fun of people for external problems unless they were also really bad people on the inside.

If a person is nice and fun to be around, I don't even notice if they're obese or unattractive.

If a person is an asshole to everyone or a complete idiot, then all I see is how fat and ugly they are, even if the person isn't all that unattractive.

yeah, i see your point.

i still have acne, and it made me understand quite a lot of things. if i could choose, i would end acne immediately, but i would probably make myself go through at least a few months of it just for the positive effect it gives to one as a person.

for the record, i've had acne for 1.5 years.

I used to be a hypocrite too...till I got acne, it made me realize I was a dick before but heck I learned my lesson. btw great post!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone! :)

And I totally agree with you, everyskyisblue ^^

You get past the physical appearance once you get to know a nice person : ) <3

Glad you learned a lesson NRZ! :)

Actually, I remember watching a commercial about acne when I was younger and I thought "I'll never get acne, what do I care?" Haha, so ironic.

Thanks for reading everyone~ :)