Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BriannaBanana

will I still grow!?!?!?

I am going through a growth spurt right now, which is really good because I am only 5'4". So I was really happy, and then I started to read the horror stories of not growning after accutane. I'm starting on Jan. 4 and I was really happy until this whole growth spurt thing got in the way. Now all I want to do is grow, but will that be possible while on accutane?

can you still grow after accutane, or is just another sacrafice made for clearer skin?

Another problem I have is that I have long arms. Your arms are supposed to grow before your body, so was hopefully going to get taller. If I start accutane am i going to be short with long arms for the rest of my life, I'm only 14, i don't want to stop growing! :ohno:

i remember reading that accutane could prematurely close your growth plates. just looked over the packaging insert and found nothing. i'd say you're in good shape.

found this: "by Alan Rockoff, MD

Growth arrest, as you note, has been reported. However, it's very rare. There just isn't enough data to make firm recommendations about X-ray monitoring."

hope that helps!