Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
{DC}

Paulas Choice BHA 2% Liquid

How long does it take for the skin to adjust to Paulas Choice BHA 2% Liquid. My skin feels dry in certain areas. My chin seem to handle it fine but other areas of my face look dry and feel tight.

How long does the skin take to adjust to this?

(I have used this treatment before but am trying it again)

The BHA liquid never gave me any dryness. Perhaps you should use a smaller amount (I stick to just 4 drops for the entire face) and follow up with a good moisturiser to minimize the dryness.

Sometime ago I read 0.5% of BHA (Salicylic Acid) have almost the same effectiveness (85%) of 1% or 2% but obviously with much less irritation or dry skin as secondary effect.

Sometime ago I read 0.5% of BHA (Salicylic Acid) have almost the same effectiveness (85%) of 1% or 2% but obviously with much less irritation or dry skin as secondary effect.

Where did you find this information?

From a study 2 years ago. I can't find it and I don't know where it can be. I guess 1% can make the job quicker but once it's done 0.5% it's fine. So if I could avoid irritation or dry skin, obviously better.

From a study 2 years ago. I can't find it and I don't know where it can be. I guess 1% can make the job quicker but once it's done 0.5% it's fine. So if I could avoid irritation or dry skin, obviously better.

are you sure you're not confusing this with BP? In the past, Dan has stated that 2.5% BP can be just as effective as BP in higher concentrations. I haven't seen a study that says the same about Salicylic acid..

So this is basically a 2% salicylic acid? How does it compare to other SA products out there. I never really had much luck with SA. Right now im using jan marini bioclear lotion 2% sa and its just ok.

are you sure you're not confusing this with BP? In the past, Dan has stated that 2.5% BP can be just as effective as BP in higher concentrations. I haven't seen a study that says the same about Salicylic acid..

I know about the BP and its effectiveness at lower concentrations. It's the same kind of case but with Salicylic Acid. As I said, maybe higher concentrations of Salicylic Acid do the job quicker but once the keratolytic state it's done doesn't have much sense to use higher concentrations.

Maybe 0.6% would be ideal to complete the 15% that left (because 0.5% is 85% efficient than higher concentrations).