Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datrockwilder

TCA cross

I have 4 to 5 pretty bad scars on my face from previous acne. I was planning on doing tca cross during winter break but im going to have to get it done later. Should I try it when I go back to school and just deal with the down time? or will the down time be bad enough that I should just wait until this summer before college? :confused:

You're probably going to scab up and get pretty red, so give yourself at least a week to stay indoors if this makes you uncomfortable. Maybe you can get some sort of concealer to hide the redness, and it is IMPERATIVE that you wear sublock of at least 30 spf daily for several months afterwards. Honestly, you're going to be exposed to more UV Rays and sun during the summer months so you might want to do it in the winter to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation, but if you can stay indoors during the summer that may be a better time...

You're probably going to scab up and get pretty red, so give yourself at least a week to stay indoors if this makes you uncomfortable. Maybe you can get some sort of concealer to hide the redness, and it is IMPERATIVE that you wear sublock of at least 30 spf daily for several months afterwards. Honestly, you're going to be exposed to more UV Rays and sun during the summer months so you might want to do it in the winter to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation, but if you can stay indoors during the summer that may be a better time...

Ya well i think i am going to try the cross on one or two scars and see how bad they get. If it doesn't bug me a ton, then i think ill just do the rest. So im hoping for the best!