Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manatsu103

Will Cover Girl Advance Radiance Resorative Cream Foundation Break me out?

I dont break out that often anymore, but my face does get REALLY dry because of winter.

So A store was having a sale of Cover Girl Advance Radiance Resorative Cream Foundation,

and I decided to buy some. It apparently is good for your skin, but it doesnt say "Wont clog pores", "Hypo-allergenic", or anything like that, and on top of that there is fragrence.

Should I try it? I hope it wont break me out if I do try it. Has anyone else used it?

Thanks!

Here are all the ingredients, any of them acne causing?

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5%), Octinoxate (2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water (eau), Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Acetyl Glucosamine, Talc, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (parfum), May Contain: (Iron Oxides)

Look it up on the Cosmetic Database and read some reviews on Makeup Alley.

Skin Deep: Cosmetic Database

Makeup Alley

Just at a glance, I'd say that there's a pretty good chance this is probably acnegenic.

It would probably break me out, anyway. The first inactive ingredient has like seven syllables, haha. That's generally never a good sign.

As a general rule, the shorter the ingredient list, the less hazardous the cosmetic.

I mean, there are those rare products that are like only 3 ingredients which all suck, but it's easier to figure out what's what if there's less chemistry babble to sift through.