Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

Acne Elimination Diet

Can someone post the link to this by alternavista?! I tried to find it but I can't seem to. Thanks!

Thanks! I just looked into it and you cant eat too much but fruit and veggies, beans....does anyone know if a regular allergy test like the "scratching" one or whatever they call it is good at determining allergies...my insurance wont cover the blood drawn one....so is this worth me even doing?

Thanks! I just looked into it and you cant eat too much but fruit and veggies, beans....does anyone know if a regular allergy test like the "scratching" one or whatever they call it is good at determining allergies...my insurance wont cover the blood drawn one....so is this worth me even doing?

For some reason the list of hypo allergenic foods on the website is shorter than the one in the book. I know cod, salmon and lamb are in the list. Besides it's temporary. You can also just eliminate one group of foods for a few weeks while you otherwise eat normally.

Allergy tests are supposedly inaccurate with lots of false positives. In addition, there are two types of allergic reactions, an immediate and delayed. It's very difficult to get tested for the delayed. And not all sensitivities are allergies.

I know ones for acne would be delayed. So the scratching test is not going to be able to test my delayed reaction, correct?

You know when I called down there they asked why I wanted to have the test done and I told her its bc Im on accutane and haven't had any improvement and the lady said she has seen so many patients who have this problem and are actually allergic to something and once they find out and start getting the shots there acne clears.