Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lljjgg

I Break Out Everytime I Go Outside for a Considerable Length of Time, Don't Break Out When I Stay In

Hey guys, so my acne started about a year ago (right after my 21st birthday), and because of the fact that I never really struggled with Acne as a teenager, it's been kind of rough for me to deal with. I've been on Accutane for about 5 months now, and my skin is slightly better, but this isn't an Accutane thread.

I've looked at every variable I could conceive of to try to figure out why the acne has been so persistent. At first I thought it was food, but I realized that I can eat whatever I want, or deny myself relatively anything, and my skin remains the same. I thought it might be stress or my sleeping cycle, but I've tried improving both, and no real effect has been made (although my skin is slightly better when I've gotten a good amount of sleep than it is when I don't, but not significantly better).

The last month though, I've observed the one variable that DOES seem to have complete control over whether or not I break out--going outside. Everytime I leave the house, I break out. It might just be a pimple, it might be several, depending on how long I'm out. Whereas on days when I stay in, I never break out. My skin is perfectly clear--regardless of what I eat, and how much sleep I get.

A couple days ago I went out to clear the ice off of my car, and within 15 minutes of coming back inside, my face was oily for the rest of the night. I subsequently broke out.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? Do you think it has something to do with physically being in a different environment (the air-flow, change in temperature from my apartment, etc)., or is it a result of perhaps even the tiny bit of sweat I'm working up by being very mildly-active?

The same happens to me, and it took me a while to figure out, but I ended up going to the doctor and getting an allergy test. Not because of my oily skin, but because I would go out in the summer sun for ten minutes and be so burned I couldn't walk. Turns out, I have a mild allergy to UV rays, a big part of sunlight. Although it's not deadly or anything-- I burn very easily, very badly, and very quickly and even fifteen minutes in sunlight can make my skin all funky, like you said, oily or breaking out. :] I just make sure I use sunscreen every morning. Usually, I find sunscreen/moisturizer combo and it works just fine. On super sunny or days when I sweat a lot, I'll put sunscreen on 3-4 times a day. I've had no problems since.

However, this is just me, you may want to give a go to a doctor or try putting on a little sunscreen before heading out. Give it a go for a week, if it doesn't help, then it could be something else. (: Good luck on finding your cure.