Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballyhara

Modified Regimen - Treatment Log

I'll make this my official Day 1, but I've actually been using this modified regimen on-and-off for quite some time. I'll begin to track my progress starting now.

Recently I went to a new derm and she gave me new medicine (erythromycin solution), but after 3 days new bumps appeared on my skin. I think it's because I'm already immune to erythromycin (I've used this before). I learned my lesson and I'm really never going back to a dermatologist again. I've been to at least 4 different ones and they just give me new medicine and although the meds from one derma worked for some time, they stopped working after a few months.

I know my skin best so I'll be my own doctor from now on.

My current regimen:

AM:

Dove Extra Sensitive soap

Eskinol Papaya toner

Celeteque water-based moisturizer

VMV Armada SPF30 (When I finish this tube I'll buy one with higher SPF, but the VMV Armada brand is good for me)

In2It powder foundation with SPF

PM:

Cetaphil (used as make-up remover)

Dove Extra Sensitive soap

Eskinol Papaya toner

PanOxyl 2.5% benzoyl peroxide

This regimen has given me significant improvement for my acne, but I think I want to add something that will brighten my skin tone, fade spots and make my pores smaller. I'm thinking of trying Maxi-Peel sometime, but definitely not while there's school. Maybe I'll try it in the summer.

As of now maybe I'll use some kind of whitening cream.

Products I'm considering:

Maxi-Peel soap (for face and body)

Maxi-Peel body lotion

Maxi-Peel New Generation Exfoliant (Have already sent an e-mail to Splash to inquire if this contains hydroquinone and what to expect if I use this -- just waiting for the reply)

Kojiesan soap

Kojiesan face cream

Kojiesan body lotion

I know this is being harsh but since I'm on vacation I wash my face more than 3x a day. Then I apply Eskinol Papaya toner because I love the cooling feeling. But I make sure to always moisturize afterwards.

My pimples have decreased in size although I'm experiencing a bit of itchiness. If only my face weren't so sensitive!

I ordered Cyleina Black Pearl soap to lighten my scars. It contains arbutin and Vitamins C and E. I'll be getting the items next week. *crosses fingers* I plan to use it in place of Dove soap for my face.

I added Cetaphil moisturizing cream to my nightly regimen. It does give better results than BP alone.

I have two new bumps on my face. I think my skin is adjusting because I discontinued taking Yasmin pills. I didn't experience any side effect with Yasmin but I'm scared of the potential hazards and of what will happen when I eventually stop - I've read a lot of posts about breaking out horribly once they stop taking birth control pills. I don't want to be dependent on the pills.

The two zits seem to be drying up fairly quickly though because of my regimen.

Next week I'll be getting my Cyleina Black Pearl soap which contains arbutin, licorice, and Vitamins C and E to hopefully lighten my scars. I also plan to buy licorice cream to use as moisturizer after putting BP at night. This is my planned regimen:

PM:

Cyleina Black Pearl soap

Eskinol Papaya toner

PanOxyl 2.5%

Licorice cream

AM:

Cyleina Black Pearl soap

Eskinol Papaya toner

VMV Armada SPF30

I found that I didn't need to moisturize before putting on Armada sunblock because it in itself already gives me enough moisture (I have oily skin).

Since my face is already much fairer than my body, I think I'll have to use a whitening product for my body as well. I plan to use Cyleina papaya goatsmilk soap on my chest and back (also for my mild bacne) and Cyleina shea butter soap (also contains arbutin) on my arms and legs, since these parts are more sensitive. Both these soaps are supposed to have a whitening effect. I can also buy licorice lotion from the same seller from whom I plan to buy licorice cream and apply this at night. In the morning, I'll make sure to use sun protection especially on my arms.

I think the Eskinol has been helping a lot. It's a very good exfoliant.. I see so much dirt in the cotton even after I've washed my face very well with Cetaphil and soap. And I noticed my face somehow got brighter, and my scars a LITTLE bit lighter. Considering it's the only whitening product I've been using and only for a couple of weeks, I'd say it's working well.

I'm so excited! I added AHA to my regimen and changed my toner (I ran out of Eskinol and couldn't resist trying another product). Here's my regimen now:

Dove Extrasensitive Soap

Godiva Licowhite Astringent (to fade acne scars)

PanOxyl 2.5% benzoyl peroxide

Godiva Fruit Acid Cream for Sensitive Skin (5% natural AHA - whitening, anti-aging, anti-acne)

I also used Nivea Night Whitening Lotion on my body so it will be the same color as my face. So excited to see the results! *crosses fingers*

After using my new products last night, I can say that so far, I'm loving them both! The Licowhite Astringent works just as well as Eskinol in removing all the dirt from my face. Even though I've used make-up remover and soap to clean my face, I still saw the cotton turn brown with leftover makeup. Didn't make me itchy either.

The Fruit Acid Cream stinked, but it doesn't matter! It's fragrance free, colorant free.. basically, free of anything unnecessary. And I woke up to skin that's so soft and smooth! I love it.:) It says apply only in the evening for two weeks and then apply twice a day, but I think I'm gonna apply it again now.

I hope it doesn't make me itch. If it does it would be my fault because I didn't follow instructions. :D

hey there!!

how r u doin??

I'll keep checking ur log coz u r the one who has a regimen most similar to me :)

Panoxyl rocks right?? :D

About 2 days after I started using the Fruit Acid Cream at night, my friends commented I looked "radiant"!:D Will definitely keep using it.

My Cyleina Black Pearl soap which I got just at the beginning of this week and have been using religiously since is a keeper too. It smells so so delicious and I feel so refreshed when I wash my face with it. Immediately after washing, my face feels softer and looks smoother. I use this more than twice a day on some days (especially on weekends when I'm bored), but I make sure to apply some Cetaphil moisturizing cream afterwards.

My acne marks which were a very noticeable red just last week have lightened in color and are now a subdued shade of pink. I'm using less and less makeup.:) I attribute the lightening effect to the combination of Black Pearl soap, Licowhite Astringent and Fruit Acid Cream.

I'm loving my regimen.:)

^ Hey! Yup, PanOxyl rocks!:D My skin is continuing to get better! How about you?

I'm doing really well with it :-D

Hey bro,try the kojie san cream, it really fades red marks and dark spots..trust me..