Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgkballet

benzaclin, desonide lotion, and differin

So, some of you may remember me. I finally got around to going to the dermatologist, and he perscribed the following:

cetaphil soap

benzaclin - am

desonide lotion - am

differin gel 0.1% - pm

cerave moisturizing cream

I just picked up my prescription and I must admit, I'm kind of worried. I have always preferred using natural products; the Differin is chockful of methylparaben and the desonide lotion is basically a steroid in a base of SLS and mineral oil! It almost makes me feel even worse. Why can't I just be one of those people who can wash their face with plain soap and look perfect?

I guess I'll be doing this anyways, we'll see how it goes.

just put on the differin and lotion. at the moment i have 5 active pimples, all of which are red, inflamed, and tender/painful to touch. as of now, though, the rest of my skin is really really smooth and nice looking. i'm dreading the IB, though.

Day 1:

I woke up this morning with a zit the size of a tack on my chin. It was extremely painful, I ended up popping it while eating because I accidentially pushed against the spot with my tongue. I now have another painful nodule-like bump, also on my chin, plus one on the side of my nose. Oi.

As for the medications, I like the way differin makes my skin feel all smooth.The benzaclin and the desonide lotion are ok. Overall I'm still worried about the massive chemical content of the substances I'm using, but I do really like the differin so far.

This may be an initial breakout but I'm not sure :s

OW :[ This really, really hurts. I can feel the bump from the inside of my mouth even if I just lightly run my tongue over it. Even if I don't press it, I can feel it throbbing (tmi i know) and it just kills. Aaaaah this is what the meds were supposed to get rid of ._.