Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hots4koshi

Number of people you know with acne?

To be more specific:

How many people do you actually know who have a real acne problem? Not the rare zit once in a while, but a chronic skin problem.

I know 2 people besides me at my school (which is a small school). One other person I know who's graduated from that school.

I can remember a couple other people I've seen on the subway, but they are strangers I've never talked to. I would number those people as maybe 10? 15 at the most since last summer.

This is in my immediate vicinity only, which is New York City. I can think of more people if I counted the acquaintances I have in California, but I doubt I'd recall more than 10 people. And these are people who choose not to cover up with makeup.

I only know one person with a real acne problem.

Actually, I think he must've started taking accutane a while back or something, 'cause he doesn't have much active acne anymore, but he still has lots of scars and red marks, so it still looks pretty bad.

In some ways, I like hanging around him, 'cause his acne is/was a *lot* worse than mine, so I know that if folks are going to be grossed out by someone's face, at least it won't be mine.

But on the other hand, he's also a genius, and people who are smarter than I am make me feel inferior.

Yeah but you know that means nothing. Unfortunately, as is apparent from this board, some people with acne opt to isolate themselves. While others plaster themselves with makeup. Just take for instance the proactive commercial, they have over 3,000,0000 customers and it's probably grown. I think the dermatological statistics are 8 out of 10 people.

Guest Brandon

It seems like I'm the only one...

Two persons only and I'm close to only one of them cause the other seems to ignore me whenever we meet (I don't know why!).

Hmm....

well most of my friends have the occasional zit or very mild acne... I know one person who just developed it and its moderate... I would say around 60% of ppl I know had mild/moderate acne... Ive never KNOWN anyone with severe acne but I have seen around 5 in my old high school, none in university and strangers, Ive seen very few...

But I do agree, ppl with very bad acne tend to isolate themselves and/or hide under heavy make up so its difficult to tell.

I would say i know/knew about 20 people, including those at my college and my old school.

lol, seems i know quite alot.

I used to know this guy with pretty bad acne but he NEVER let it hold him back. (he was a drug dealer LOL) but he was confident, he acknowledged it.. one day i was at his house andhe was like "Damn JUlian, acne is a bitch". I was clear at the time, but i was like "yeah man for sure..."

Only time hes mentioned it.

I see alot of people who come into my work that have acne. To tell you the truth, only about 10 percent of the people who come in have nice skin.. maybe im too critical and notice every little flaw people have but mostpeople have some form of acne.

And i work in a health supplement store.

DUH, R U THAT SMART??? Of course, most of those people have skin problems, otherwise they wouldn't be going there !!!! It is really rare that people without skin problems go there, most of them just buy products they see in tv or stuff like that.

i know two guys apart of me, one has moderate-acne, the other one has moderate-high acne but he picks his face so he has big scars, not ice picks or stuff like dat, actually scars from bleeding i think, and with me we are 3!!!!! biggrin.gif !!!! but im happy, i've just started the vinegar and lemon treatment and are on a facial-mud dunno if it works but my skin si sooo soft tongue.gif ....and i love dat face---------->:D/<---just love it tongue.gif

yeah they say like 95% of teens have acne? i only see like me and 4 other kids in school have acne... and there are like 2000 kids in my school, so WHAT THE FUCK!!! lol

but seriously, what the fuck? i used to have really bad ance, and some people would be critical of that, i remember this one occasion when these two girls were looking at me and i think they were talking about my fucked up head.

now my acne is pretty much gone, i still get one or two zits every so often, but they are tiny, so you can't barely see them. but only 5 out of 2000 kids in my school have acne... 95% of all teens? i think not.

I know of heaps of ppl with bad acne. I also know heaps of ppl with no acne and heaps of ppl in-between.

I would say that i know of 50 ppl by name with severe acne, most of them not very well. I know of this one poor guy who has the worst acne i have ever seen he has like a cyst in every pore, i am not kidding!!! He also has severe scaring which is very sad. I dont know him real well but i also know he has like severe reactive arthritus, so accutane is not an option.

It makes me sad when ever i think about this person cause i know how much my skin has effected my life and his is like a billion times worse, and he will have scars to live with for the rest of his life sad.gif

Not many couple maybe. Does anyone else find themselves looking out for other people with acne when your out somewhere? In a whole day trip to london i saw one person with acne. I was kind of comforted by this but generally felt worse as only 1 out of the thousands I saw in lodnon.

DUH, R U THAT SMART??? Of course, most of those people have skin problems, otherwise they wouldn't be going there !!!! It is really rare that people without skin problems go there, most of them just buy products they see in tv or stuff like that.

Well since almost every teen has acne... I would say I know alot lol...

But those with noticeable acne... yeah I tend to be the only one I know... Crazy aint it.

i don't know a lot of people with perfect skin. but i know one person with real horrible acne. i sat next to him in one of my classes. i wonder why he's not on accutine or whatver it's called.. oh yeah and another girl in one of my classes. she has real pale skin and she must pick at it a lot because there are tonsssss of red scabs on her face.

I'm in college and i hardly see anyone have acne!! Sure, some of them have one or two pimples on their faces, but no one has "real" acne. It kinda makes me feel singled out even though i have mild acne. I just hope i will outgrow this stupid acne soon because i'm soooo sick of taking prescription creams and avoiding the sun like a freakin vampire!! I envy my carefree days of just running aroudn the beach or messing around, not worrying about my face.