Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kylej2587

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS!! IM DESPERATE!

I've had these bumps on my forehead for over a year now and they are increasingly noticeable. They have always maintained their quanitity and pattern that they are located though. There is nothing to pop inside them and if you try to squeeze them, the skin will just tear, scab and reappear as it was before. The area also tends to get very dry and the bumps will get very flaky and rough even though I do not treat the area any differently than the rest of my face. I have very, very mild acne on the rest of my face (jawline and neck from shaving mostly) and I am just out of answers. I wash in the morning with normal deep clean face wash and then at night with the deep clean and a neutrogena 2%SA blackhead wash (any other 2%SA wash is to harsh on my skin) If someone could please help it would be much appreciated because I am over being embarassed to not wear a hat out in public. Also, I do not currently have insurance to see a derm, but last time I did have an appointment he had no answers for me.

post-82390-1229933861_thumb.jpg

post-82390-1229933903_thumb.jpg

post-82390-1229933861_thumb.jpg

post-82390-1229933903_thumb.jpg

dude just moisturize and they might go away, if you are dry in that area just put on some non pore clogging moisturizer before you goto bed. Try not to use anything on that area except water, if you have to use water use it, if you dont have to try to avoid water and other types of products.

maybe its the hat that caused it?

well thats the only spot i actually do moisturize all day and at night before bed. I use a product called miracell bought at a health food store and its all natural. Moisturizing lotions tend to make my skin oily and break out. I also get alot of blackheads on my forehead only in the area with the bumps, i'm wondering if the bumps are causing them. And the hat isnt causing them becuase i've only started to wear one to cover them. i'm just so lost and confused on what to do and it is so embarassing to be 22 and have skin like this.

could be the salysylic acid you use, maybe cut it out of your regimine?

maybe just use your deep cleaner to replace your washing at nights or avoid the SA in that area for awhile and see if theres any change. put some non clogging moisturizer on that area before you goto bed. i really think it is irritation bumps from dryness, SA will do that.

now do you believe it is irritation bumps even though they are consistently the same in size, quantity and location and have been this way for over a year?

Pff. No offense, but from what I've seen, he thinks mostly everyone needs to stop the irritation by cleansing with water and using moisturizer.

No inflamation, irritation, you can't pop, and they don't come to a head? I'm kind of surprised a derm couldn't come up with something because it seems to be a type of skin condition other than acne.

i've been looking around and it looks very similar to some cases of flat warts which appear skin colored mostly on the face. hmmmmm... a little afraid to put that type of acid on my face though, but i don't know what else to do.

Pff. No offense, but from what I've seen, he thinks mostly everyone needs to stop the irritation by cleansing with water and using moisturizer.

No inflamation, irritation, you can't pop, and they don't come to a head? I'm kind of surprised a derm couldn't come up with something because it seems to be a type of skin condition other than acne.

what i said was if you are going to clean your face just use water and not harsh irritants like SA, im thinking that is what is causing the problem. Only thing that cures dryness is moisturizers

kyle i have those too on my cheeks, bumps that never seem to go away and they stay for a long time. but maybe my advice can help you.

Only thing that cures dryness is moisturizers

in my experience, moisturizing is only a temporary solution. most people here and everywhere will tell you that moisturizing is important, if not necessary. i refuse to accept that and i am fortunate for doing so.

Only thing that cures dryness is moisturizers

in my experience, moisturizing is only a temporary solution. most people here and everywhere will tell you that moisturizing is important, if not necessary. i refuse to accept that and i am fortunate for doing so.

im not at all saying moisturize everyday, just when your skin feels tight or awkward from dryness... like right now im not at all dry and i havent used moisturizer yet, my skin improves as i dont use products on my face anymore.

thanks for the advice, but i just dont see moisturizers fixing the problems. It is known that alot of people get flat warts due to tetracycline also, which I have been on in the past. I have some wartrx, but a little hesitant on putting it on my face incase of it making the problem worse. I guess i just need to try it out. anybody got any other ideas or suggestions?

thanks for the advice, but i just dont see moisturizers fixing the problems. It is known that alot of people get flat warts due to tetracycline also, which I have been on in the past. I have some wartrx, but a little hesitant on putting it on my face incase of it making the problem worse. I guess i just need to try it out. anybody got any other ideas or suggestions?

Instead of guessing what this is and asking people on here for advice, make an appt with your doctor, or even go to a walk in clinic. I wouldn't be putting wart stuff on there if you weren't sure what it is.

People on here are smart, and give good advice but I personaly say, go to a doctor, its your best bet.

I'd say go to the doctor too. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks more like a type of rash. It could be the warts you mentoned or a it could be a fungal/bacterial infection. Research your symptoms online and see what possibilities there are. Then go see your doctor with your research. That way you'll get the best answer and the doctor with have all the information he needs from you without having to try a bunch of stuff and go back again and again.

I wish it was that easy. It's tough without insurance and having limited funds I have some ziana lying around I might try. It's used for acne but also prescribed by derms for flat warts. Hmmm might be a risk free trial. Ne one familiar with this product?

I just thought I'd say that when I first looked at your pictures, my first thought was warts. You say they always stay in that same place? Acne would clear up and reappear in a slightly different area of the forhead. But a wart would grow and stay in that exact same spot. and new ones would add to those.

Salicylic acid is used on warts, so I would continue with that treatment. I don't know about the other treatments you mentioned.

OMG! I have the same exact issue! I haven't found anybody else who has this "condition" if you can call it that. Mine looks exactly the same but they are found on both of cheeks, almost like they are pimples but are closed and never come to a head. I think its millia but who knows, I haven't found an answer yet. I'm going to the derm in a couple weeks to try and figure out the best solution.

I was thinking, just telling from your avatar and pictures, those bumps might be from you wearing your hat backwards. Might be from the oils in your hair get on your forehead and cause a breakout.