Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dato77

WHat do you put on a cyst

Is there anything that cna be done to make the cyst go away little faster? Cna I dab something on it, BP seems to make iot larger more inflamed and irritated

i think many on here would suggest a cortisone injection from a derm or perhaps applying some cortisone cream which i think u can pick up from the shops. Either that or some sort of antibiotic lotion or cream.

Adam

I have one right now and learned from over my experience you basically cant do nothing...When you fool with it, it becomes bigger or scars...When you leave it it goes down slowly but dosnt leave much of a mark. About this cortesone stuff, I dont know nothing about it but I would just leave it dude...Just conceal it up if your going out and just leave it.....Good luck. Mine has been here for like 3 days and its already going down cuz I left it.

Trust me cortizone creme. Is what you need. And dont touch it. Except when applying cortizone creme. But be real light to the touch when applying it.

Cysts suck! The only way to get rid of them fast is through minor "surgery" at the derm's. I had one at the base of my ear the last time I saw my derm and he asked me if I would like it taken care of. I said "yes" and he proceeded to inject it with cortisone and drain it. It was only a minor discomfort, and the cyst was gone within a day. You could also try icing it each day or an OTC Hydrocortisone cream like Cortizone 10. Hang in there...

So tell us more about this cortizone 10 thing...Should I apply it before I go to bed? What exactly does it do to the cyst?????

can a cyst and a boil be the same thing? cause they have this stuff called boileaze at the drug store and i always wondered if you could ever put it on a honker of you ever got one.

Cortizone 10 is an OTC cortisone lotion. It comes in a cream form or an ointment form. I use the cream. It also contains aloe. Cortizone 10 helps relieves itching from skin irritations, inflammation and rashes. I can't vouch for whether it will clog your pores or not. I use it infrequently, so I don't worry about it. If I have a cyst, I apply Cortizone 10 to it twice a day. It definitely does not make it worse. I have found that it helps reduce redness and swelling. I would really advocate icing the area for 15 minutes at bedtime. Just make sure that you don't apply the ice directly to your skin. Wrap it in a paper towel or something similar. The derm is still your best bet. Injectable, prescription strength cortisone will knock that sucker right out! :D

Cortizone 10 is an OTC cortisone lotion. It comes in a cream form or an ointment form. I use the cream. It also contains aloe. Cortizone 10 helps relieves itching from skin irritations, inflammation and rashes. I can't vouch for whether it will clog your pores or not. I use it infrequently, so I don't worry about it. If I have a cyst, I apply Cortizone 10 to it twice a day. It definitely does not make it worse. I have found that it helps reduce redness and swelling. I would really advocate icing the area for 15 minutes at bedtime. Just make sure that you don't apply the ice directly to your skin. Wrap it in a paper towel or something similar. The derm is still your best bet. Injectable, prescription strength cortisone will knock that sucker right out! :shock:

Has anyone else tried cortizone 10 w/aloe on their cystic pimple or any pimple for that matter? I have got the cortizone recently for this itch rashy bump that was all inflammed and red on my arm, and within about 36hours it is 99% gone. Can barley see it is there, and it was pretty red and rashy. I thought about applying it to some of the cystic type acne i will get on chin but of course dont want to make it worse. I dont see how it would hurt though. Thoughts?

I have a sulphuric ointment that works really well on maturing the cyst, so it's over and one with asap.

if I can't get an injection I use sulfur products/masks. DDF 10% sulfur mask is expensive but the tub lasts awhile and it's extremely effective. I've also heard good things about Mario Badescu buffering lotion- another sulfur product. It depends on your skin but you might want to try icing then applying topicals.

Had cysts for 5 years, nothing worked that was mentioned above.

Tea Tree Oil 100% worked for every cyst i ever had, and the one it didnt work on was the one the derm messed with!

Its cheap, and my cysts would be gone in 3 days so you might aswell try!

Had cysts for 5 years, nothing worked that was mentioned above.

Tea Tree Oil 100% worked for every cyst i ever had, and the one it didnt work on was the one the derm messed with!

Its cheap, and my cysts would be gone in 3 days so you might aswell try!

Ive tried pure tea tree oil on one cyst that i have last 2-3 days and it really has not done anything unfortuately but dry it up slightly, its still red as ever and about the same size. I was thinking of trying the cortizone 10 w/aloe to see if at least will get redness out of it. That is what really bothers me is that it stays so damn red. Like i have a christmas light next to my lip.

Screw it im gonna try my cortizone 10 w/aloe on my cyst right now and see if it does help.

Just found this thread on it too, scroll all the way to bottom and i have the same thing except that it is not Cortizone 10 plus which contains vitamin A & E. If a doctor recommened it, it cant be that bad, will see by tonight if this stubborn red thing goes down any. :pray:

http://skinimprovements.com/blog/comment_1161537641.html

Edited by JayQ