Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tflilal

Using Baking soda along with AHA+

Hi, i'm exfoliating with baking soda at night and applying apple cider vinegar, then wash it off after 10 minutes to get rid of my red/brown spots, i just purchased the AHA cream and wonder if i can use it along with those? Will it be too much for my skin? or will it actually progress better?

Well, both baking soda and AHA are exfoliants. Exfoliating your face twice in 20 minutes sounds kind of overkill. Try just the AHA and see if things improve, but don't immediately do two at once. Maybe you could do AHA in the morning and Baking Soda in the evening or something?

Plus, the AHA is pH balanced so you don't have to worry about balancing it out with anything (ACV)

I don't think you neeed to exfoliate 2x daily.. your dead skin exfoliates, and then you have raw skin... your skin doesn't renew for 2 weeks, and you are basically exfoliating raw skin which is bad. You shouldn't exfoliate more then every other day.

Use one or the other, both are exfoliants and if you mix them together, you will get very irritated and red. I used to use baking soda as a gentle exfoliating cleanser.

Thanks for making this thread coz I am planning to exfoliate twice a day using baking soda for morning and AHA for evening...thank you again... :ninja:

Actually the baking soda will neutralize the aha in the cream when used together.

When I do a chemical peel (AHA and BHA) I neutralize the acids by doing a baking soda rinse.

I would recommend keeping them separate or you will be wasting $$$.

And I am all for exfoliation... it really helps keep my skin clear.

Well, both baking soda and AHA are exfoliants. Exfoliating your face twice in 20 minutes sounds kind of overkill. Try just the AHA and see if things improve, but don't immediately do two at once. Maybe you could do AHA in the morning and Baking Soda in the evening or something?

Plus, the AHA is pH balanced so you don't have to worry about balancing it out with anything (ACV)

If you mean that you are from Israel, so are we! Have you found any products locally that substitute for Dan's cleanser and moisturizer? We are able to get Dan's Treatment, Jojoba oil,and AHA brought over by friends that come and have not been without it yet. The best Jojoba here is from the States and really expensive. We have used Israeli Jojoba, and the really pure stuff is also very expensive.

We can also pick up product when we travel over once or so a year. We went on a local search, and all the products here are so expensive! I once found a Johnson & Johnson Gentle Facial Wash for Sensitive Skin: soap free, fragrance free, pH 5.5-- all the right stuff, but I can't find it anymore. It was cheap, too. Every moisturizer we found here has fragrance added, even though it was "totally natural" and "organic." Dan's moisturizer lasts so long, and when he comes out with the new and improved one, we will probably just give up our search and make the effort to get that one. Boy, do I wish I could give the Treatment and application information to all the friends we have here that reach for Accutane as a last resort. We are so happy with Dan's treatment, the acne went away completely so fast, that we are nervous about using anything else as an "experiment."

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" unless we simply can't get it anymore. --Golan from the Galil