Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adamrodriguez

DO NOT get profractional lazer treatment...

You are absolutely right. My heart goes out to this young man. I will NOT get any laser done that is for sure. After reading all the negetive replies it really scared me. Especially the fact that I have extremely sensitive skin I would burn big time.

aww.. poor guy. i wish his problem will be resolved as soon as possible. i know how he feels, i mean..it's not that my pimples are that uhmm... should i say "complicated", but looking in the mirror everyday, feeling horrible whenever your bullied is self torturing. so..that's all i can say. just ask God for guidance and strength im sure it will help. :surprised:

OMG!! Where did you get that picture? I wonder what the circumstances are? Who did it? Did he just come off of Accutane? I'm getting this done in 5 days. I hope I can sleep now.

Oh my goodness. That looks horribly painful, I will never, ever get laser treatment. I'm really sorry for this guy.

I just had my first profractional tx 2 hours ago. The pain was bearable, for sure. Now, it hardly hurts at all. Plus... It looks NOTHING like this picture. I think this guy had an incompetent doctor, or he was doing something that negatively affected his treatment. I can't wait for my next appointment.

I'm trying to get the word out that profractional laser is not good in my opinion. If the MD uses too low of settings, it basically does nothing for your scars (maybe a little smoother). If the MD goes aggressive (which I believe is the newer trend), then you have redness and discoloration which can last a long time, and the results still aren't that dramatic. I had had 2 profractional treatments, and it's been 9 months since my last one and I still have mild discoloration around my scars from the profractional. It'll likely be another 6 months before it fully resolves. Boycott the profractional laser and find a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon who performs the silicone microdroplet technique.

There is my 2 centrs.

I just had my first profractional tx 2 hours ago. The pain was bearable, for sure. Now, it hardly hurts at all. Plus... It looks NOTHING like this picture. I think this guy had an incompetent doctor, or he was doing something that negatively affected his treatment. I can't wait for my next appointment.
I agree with you, VanGirl. I had profractional laser back in October, and it also looked nothing like this guy. My skin was back to looking smooth in 7 days (pictures in my gallery). The moment I saw the picture, my first thought was that this guy was not diligent in his post-operative care regimen and his skin scabbed over. It's also possible that his doctor was incompetent, as you said, or inexperienced. I feel badly for this man, but I don't believe that his situation is the norm.

People need to be smart about choosing a doctor for their laser treatments, be aware of the risks, and decide for themselves if the risks outweigh the benefits. Always look at pictures of the doctor's past patients, and never be the doctor's guinea pig with new equipment.

oh im praying i do not react like this to the treatment

i know ill only be receive a spot treatment

but honestly, im having sleepless nights as it is.

i would LOVE to hear of more success stories

with this laser.

its hard to judge...especially when you

get a mixture of both good and bad reviews

regarding this treatment!

I'm trying to get the word out that profractional laser is not good in my opinion. If the MD uses too low of settings, it basically does nothing for your scars (maybe a little smoother). If the MD goes aggressive (which I believe is the newer trend), then you have redness and discoloration which can last a long time, and the results still aren't that dramatic. I had had 2 profractional treatments, and it's been 9 months since my last one and I still have mild discoloration around my scars from the profractional. It'll likely be another 6 months before it fully resolves. Boycott the profractional laser and find a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon who performs the silicone microdroplet technique.

There is my 2 centrs.

I definately agree with you i had profractional laser done and it didnt do much for my skin i think it made it worst and i threw away thousands of dollars please dont get it done its painful bloody and a waste of money

What's all the fuss about?

It's not unusual to look like this after an invasive laser resurfacing. People usually look worse (way more swollen) after fraxel re:pair.

The first few days aren't pretty, true, but the skin heals rapidly after that. No pain no gain. The most dramatic results come from the most invasive treatments.

Edited by Michael21

I've seen this around a lot... It's the initial reaction of the skin. I'd like to see the pics two weeks after his treatment not one day.

What's all the fuss about?

It's not unusual to look like this after an invasive laser resurfacing. People usually look worse (way more swollen) after fraxel re:pair.

The first few days aren't pretty, true, but the skin heals rapidly after that. No pain no gain. The most dramatic results come from the most invasive treatments.

TITCR.

Obviously the OP is a moron.

This "guy" is my brother I do not appreciate all these bad messages. He did not even approve for this picture to be put on here and definitely not to be criticized. His doctor was extreamely experienced one of the best in our area. He had very severe scaring so his doctor did a very intense treatment. This picture is from about one week after treatment and is healing fine. He has wonderful skin now with no scarring. It is normal for this intense of a treatment to scab a little and will heal just fine when properly cared for after treatment.

Edited by rgaunt

Sorry, but that is what people look like RIGHT AFTER they get an aggressive treatment, DUH. It takes awhile to heal, depending on what settings were used on the laser... and also the person's skin type. You're scarring people away from what can do wonders for them. And it's laser, not lazer.

This is not me

PIC-0452.jpg

this guy ended up with lazer scars trying to fix his pimple scars, this looks absolutely painful and totally not worth it.

Well, I just had this same procedure with a CO2 Fractional laser done a week ago tomorrow. I'm not sure how soon after the treatment this picture was taken, but I can speak from experience that the first couple days do not look pretty in the slightest. In my opinion I looked worse than the young man pictured for a good 2 days afterwards. Fortunately, my DR prescribed valium for the panic attacks. It was quite surreal to look in the mirror, almost like it wasn't me I was looking at. I find it odd that the doctor did not do his full face, though. My dr was adament that the whole face had to be done to make sure that everything was evened out. Your face truly looks like roadkill for a few days, but skin is pretty resilient and for me, I am already starting to see some MAJOR improvements, even just 5 days out. I haven't noticed any laser scarring. There is tiny pin-prick type marks all over, esp visible on my forehead but those have faded substantially since the treatment and my cheeks are taking a little longer to catch up on healing since that was where the majority of my bad scarring was. Don't judge the instrument, judge the doctor. There's a saying "Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people." and it's similar with any type of surgery. It's only going to be as good as the surgeon performing it. Do the research, trust your instincts, and don't be afraid to ask questions. It's your life and no one will take better care of it than you. For myself, minus the major cabin fever that has set in, a few semi-panic attacks right after the surgery (have I mentioned it ain't pretty), and the frustration of still having to be ultra-careful for the next 6 months, I am really glad I got my procedure done. You have to really dedicate yourself to taking care of your face, esp the first 2 weeks. I've been following my instructions to a "t". The surgeon can only do so much to help solve a skin issue, but after the procedure it's up to the individual to follow through and make sure the recovery process goes smoothly. I also FULLY recommend going to a surgeon who specializes in faces, so they are well-trained in that one area. I hope that this picture was only after he had just had the procedure done and he was able to have great skin again.

This "guy" is my brother I do not appreciate all these bad messages. He did not even approve for this picture to be put on here and definitely not to be criticized. His doctor was extreamely experienced one of the best in our area. He had very severe scaring so his doctor did a very intense treatment. This picture is from about one week after treatment and is healing fine. He has wonderful skin now with no scarring. It is normal for this intense of a treatment to scab a little and will heal just fine when properly cared for after treatment.

I'm so glad to hear that the healing is going nicely. You hit the nail on the head. I'm sure your brother is glad he got it done, even with a few hiccups along the way. Thank you for the update :)

Edited by Angelgirl

I agree with you, VanGirl. I had profractional laser back in October, and it also looked nothing like this guy. My skin was back to looking smooth in 7 days (pictures in my gallery). The moment I saw the picture, my first thought was that this guy was not diligent in his post-operative care regimen and his skin scabbed over. It's also possible that his doctor was incompetent, as you said, or inexperienced. I feel badly for this man, but I don't believe that his situation is the norm.

People need to be smart about choosing a doctor for their laser treatments, be aware of the risks, and decide for themselves if the risks outweigh the benefits. Always look at pictures of the doctor's past patients, and never be the doctor's guinea pig with new equipment.

Hello VanGril,

how would you rate the pain for the profractional treatment from the scale of 1-10. also any ways to look at doctor's past patients if you are not in the united states-resident of australia. thank you.

Laser treatments dont scar your face up its the doctors or dermatologist that do that. Thats why they always say find a GOOD doctor and if he charges more than the guy in the corner of your food plaza than its worth it