Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I HATE MY SELF FOR HAVING ACNE... I LOOK AT IT EVERYDAY AND I CAN'T GO OUT CUZ IM SO SELF CONCSIOUS ABOUT IT... IM SO MAD AT MY SELF........ FUCK, id have a girlfriend if it wasnt for fuckign acne. how is their no DAM cure for this.. my diet is perfect

Accutane does wonders...

But yeah, don't give up, I mean I still am self conscious for my scars, I always feel people are looking at them, etc. I'm trying to get over it... just keep on truckin' dude.

just know that you're not alone. i know how you feel. just know that people will love you for who you are. you are not your skin problems! and it will go away.

hang in there. you always have us here at the org for support when you need it.

Just want to add this.

"I would have a girlfriend if it wasn't for acne" is just wrong. Sorry. I bet 90% of guys whoi struggle with acne in their teenage years have that thought, and I bet that most of them get disappointed when they clear up. I also bet that your chances of getting a girlfriend now is just as big as your chances with clear skin. Your problem is your mindset, not your acne.

I'm sure a girl that you have developed a good healthy relationship with and decided one day, hey wanna go out? wouldn't say "NO EWWW U HAVE ACNE!", but would consider it base on what she thinks of YOU (personality and type of person you are) and not your ACNE.

On the other hand if you go up to some random girl and say want to go out. I highly doubt she'll say yes with or without acne because she doesn't know YOU, it's all about what kind of girl clicks with your personality so what if you click with that girl in english class. You and that girl have everything in common and better yet, she doesnt care about acne and she likes you back! She's really cute too! but wait none of this never happened, because you got scared to talk to her because of your acne.

hey man.. let me tell u.. what you're going through is really tough. Remember to give yourself credit, because its damn hard to live with acne, keep a relationship, even go out as you say..

but you gotta remember that its truly about accepting the situation. Excepting that you have skin that flairs up, and that you can't control that. you need to accept that about yourself, and learn to defend who you are even with your disease that you can't control.

The point is, you can't control it.. and its a really crazy thing to know that you can't actually control it at all.. its out of your capacity , so.. knowing that.. its a whole other step, i believe you have to take in order to accept things that you can't control for what they are.. and deal the best you can with them. be honest about your problem that you have about your skin and how it makes you feel and stay honest with yourself and people that you encounter.

Mucho Luck, YOU CAN DO THIS, start loving yourself cuz its a HUGE ride the other way! :cool:

the medical field really needs to take acne more seriously and find a fucking cure for all acne.....that doesnt take a year like accutane. Or be honest. cuz they all say diet doesnt effect it but it does.

look im the same way im one of the best looking ppl in my class...when im clear.....but its so bad and so picked at that i cant even look at someone in the eye anymore

I HATE MY SELF FOR HAVING ACNE... I LOOK AT IT EVERYDAY AND I CAN'T GO OUT CUZ IM SO SELF CONCSIOUS ABOUT IT... IM SO MAD AT MY SELF........

I hate myself too.

I HATE MY SELF FOR HAVING ACNE... I LOOK AT IT EVERYDAY AND I CAN'T GO OUT CUZ IM SO SELF CONCSIOUS ABOUT IT... IM SO MAD AT MY SELF........ FUCK, id have a girlfriend if it wasnt for fuckign acne. how is their no DAM cure for this.. my diet is perfect

I hate my goddamn fu***** ACNE!.

Let me inform you about the Medical Field. Acne is a billion dollar industry, if some company were to invent some kind of miracle product that works for everyone, companies like Proactive, Neutrogena, etc would lose a irreplaceable amount of their market share and profit.

These companies make money of human suffering, however inhumane it sounds that's exactly what they do . Their intent isn't to cure acne it's to keep you coming back for their product, and give you the illusion that washing your skin daily and putting some BP on it is curing your acne, when it's what you should of been doing on a regular basis.

Making money on human ignorance and suffering is a time tested tradition, don't buy into hype from these companies, research for your self on certified medical sites, and books what causes acne, and how to fight it.

Let me inform you about the Medical Field. Acne is a billion dollar industry, if some company were to invent some kind of miracle product that works for everyone, companies like Proactive, Neutrogena, etc would lose a irreplaceable amount of their market share and profit.

These companies make money of human suffering, however inhumane it sounds that's exactly what they do . Their intent isn't to cure acne it's to keep you coming back for their product, and give you the illusion that washing your skin daily and putting some BP on it is curing your acne, when it's what you should of been doing on a regular basis.

Making money on human ignorance and suffering is a time tested tradition, don't buy into hype from these companies, research for your self on certified medical sites, and books what causes acne, and how to fight it.

Wisest post i've seen on this site to date.

Wisest post i've seen on this site to date.

At first I was like hey thanks! Then i saw you joined yesterday so then i was like :wall:, hehe.

But to the OP, try B5?

This is such a ridiculous post. Do you actually know anything about Pharmaceuticals?

Firstly, an acne cure better than others available on the market would be a huge money spinner for the company involved. As you said acne is a billion dollar industry, if they created a gel that could cure acne as well as accutane then they could charge a high price and everyone afflicted by acne would buy it. However, there are problems, off the top of my head I imagine it would be difficult to develop seeing as there are no reliable animal models to try the drugs on. Making it much harder to make it to human trials.

Secondly, every company hypes up their product to the maximum. It's called marketing and advertising and is essential to any business.

This is such a ridiculous post. Do you actually know anything about Pharmaceuticals?

Firstly, an acne cure better than others available on the market would be a huge money spinner for the company involved. As you said acne is a billion dollar industry, if they created a gel that could cure acne as well as accutane then they could charge a high price and everyone afflicted by acne would buy it. However, there are problems, off the top of my head I imagine it would be difficult to develop seeing as there are no reliable animal models to try the drugs on. Making it much harder to make it to human trials.

Secondly, every company hypes up their product to the maximum. It's called marketing and advertising and is essential to any business.

ive heard this about the aids vaccine too

i dunno, im a hard sell. id need to see some concrete proof

Although I am an Engineer, my sister is a Dermatologist so I think I know a little bit of what I'm talking about. Secondly you have no idea how an acne cure would affect the market, it would completely bankrupt every other topical acne product on the market. Why should I pick choice A when choice B is guaranteed to work?

After re-reading your post, I actually have no idea what you're talking about your thoughts are all over the place. Who said anything about animal testing? Do they test BP on cows who have acne?

When did i say anything about marketing, of course they market their products they get celebs like Jessica Simpson to proclaim it's the miracle cure because if it worked for her , hell it'll work for me.

What's your point again?

I've spent 6 months working for Pharmaceuticals already and will join as a graduate in July so I like to think I know a little about what I'm talking about.

Obviously I have no idea exactly how an acne cure would effect the market. However, it would be a money spinner for the company that bought it out so I was pointing out the problem in people's reasoning that drug companies don't want cure acne. Secondly, the animal testing was a point about the difficulty to get a strong drug to market. Animals are important in proving there are few side effects for the drug and an important part of the process in getting human testing. The problem that there is no good acne model in animals means that it is likely to be very costly to get to human stage and no guarantee that the drug will be more effective than accutane which is pretty damn effective.

ive heard this about the aids vaccine too

There are numerous problems with making an AIDs vaccine not related to the projected profitability but it is a well known fact that pharmaceutical companies don't spend as much money trying to find cures for third world diseases. That said new legislation allows for companies to fast track drugs to market, with potentially huge returns, if they create drugs/vaccines to prevent malaria, dengue and other third world problems. So at least the issue is being tackled.

No... Your post is ridiculous.

I am frustrated about having acne too. When a new pimple comes out i sometimes like to pretend its a war game and the pimple is the enemy i must destroy. It usually wins cause i end up messing with it but sometimes i win and i am winning a battle right now :dance: I know it sounds corny but i almost always try to turn the negative into positive. i don't go out too many times cause of it but i know it is more in my head than on my face i just cannot help it. about the girlfriend i disagree i know plenty of boys who have girlfreinds (and vice-versa) and they have acne. What are you doing to treat ur acne?

first off I would like to say this site is awesome, unfortunately I have had severe acne for over 4 years and just found it, wish I had found it sooner, anyway on with my response. I know how you feel, I don't know how many times I would get pissed off and be swearing because of my acne (I mean my face looks like I went quail hunting with Dick Cheney). The best advice I can give ( I know this will sound cliche) is just do what you want to do and be yourself. I used to be conscious of my acne and not want to go to places and do things because of it, but then realized I was missing out on more by staying recluse. I am not saying it is easy but you need to try it and stick with it. I still get self conscious sometimes, especially when I am talking to people and they are looking at my acne and not me when I am talking to them. You just have to learn to shrug it off and realize that those people are just @$$holes or don't realize what they are doing. Your true friends won't care what you look like, all of my friends have the skin off a baby's @$$ but they don't care that I don't. As far as girlfriends go let me say this. People who want some thing do not deserve it until they realize that they can live and be happy without it. I used to worry about getting/having a girlfriend and then came to terms with the fact that....hey I may not get one but that's OK because I have so much else to be grateful for. Ironically about a month later I started dating a girl who as someone had mentioned in a previous post had been my friend. We are no longer dating but while we were my acne was never an issue. The reason I believed that this happened was because once I wasn't worried about it I was actually MYSELF around her and she liked me for me whereas no one will like the unsure insecure person just looking to have someone. I also appreciated her more because as I said before I had come to terms with the fact that I might not have a girlfriend, so finally having her was a blessing to be grateful for, not an accomplished goal or acquired security.

keep strong and good things will happen.

Although I am an Engineer, my sister is a Dermatologist so I think I know a little bit of what I'm talking about. Secondly you have no idea how an acne cure would affect the market, it would completely bankrupt every other topical acne product on the market. Why should I pick choice A when choice B is guaranteed to work?

After re-reading your post, I actually have no idea what you're talking about your thoughts are all over the place. Who said anything about animal testing? Do they test BP on cows who have acne?

When did i say anything about marketing, of course they market their products they get celebs like Jessica Simpson to proclaim it's the miracle cure because if it worked for her , hell it'll work for me.

What's your point again?

I've spent 6 months working for Pharmaceuticals already and will join as a graduate in July so I like to think I know a little about what I'm talking about.

Obviously I have no idea exactly how an acne cure would effect the market. However, it would be a money spinner for the company that bought it out so I was pointing out the problem in people's reasoning that drug companies don't want cure acne. Secondly, the animal testing was a point about the difficulty to get a strong drug to market. Animals are important in proving there are few side effects for the drug and an important part of the process in getting human testing. The problem that there is no good acne model in animals means that it is likely to be very costly to get to human stage and no guarantee that the drug will be more effective than accutane which is pretty damn effective.

"Do they test BP on cows who have acne?" HAHAHA that made me laugh really hard!! Thanks for posting that :)

I definitely think that Undermine wins this debate. Yes, it's true that an acne cure would make one company a lot of money, but not as much as the acne market is making now with its multiple products that are being used repeatedly. A "cure" would mean that none of us would go back to that company for acne services ever again once we get treated, it's just a one time purchase.

Lets say that hypothetically, Retin-A comes up with the cure for acne and they decide to charge $2000 for their miracle pill. You take one dose, and you're done, your hormones re-align, your oil production normalizes etc etc. Even though that's alot of money and it will all add up when people buy the cure, it's still not as much as the company would make normally when a person is forced to buy Retin-A products for the rest of their life because there IS no cure.

Cure = profit loss!!

I hope that made sense :doh: