Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many of you use the same towel that you dry your hair with to dry your face?????

Ive been doing this for years and years. I think that it may be contributing to my acne.

I mean your hair is oily right? And if you condition your hair, the conditioner also makes it really oily.

If you use that same towel on your face, wouldn't it make your break out more????

CRAP! I need a face towel. :wall:

yeah they say you shouldn't do that, or use it on your body and then your face, what i do is use a clean towel for each shower and pat your face off first, and then do your hair, but don't touch it to your face again after that. it might not only be the oil on your hair, but the residue of conditioner or any other products you might be dragging down to your face

Oh god, you dry your face with your bath towel? Anything that touches your face that isn't 100% sanitized could contribute to acne.

I usually let my face air dry or I pat it with paper towels. I even only use the underside of the paper towel that doesn't get touched by people grabbing the roll of paper towels. That may be a bit overboard, but you should probably use a totally clean towel on your face everyday.

In my opinion, have a different towel for your face, hands, hair and body. This is the best way. And well, you may consider me as an *obsessive* person, but what about this:

1. Buy 7 small soft towels for only your face.

2. Each day, use one of them and at the end of the day remove it to the dirty-clothes basket.

3. Take a new towel for the next day, remove it at the end of the day.

4. On the 6th or 7th day you can wash the towels all together.

5. Then start again from the beginning.

Or, you can use the paper towels but for some skins those may be irritating.

I guess this process is better to be applied to the pillowcases, too.

;)

I'm with Sky, I just let my face air dry after I get out of the shower. I've also stopped using conditioner and have switched to a natural shampoo so that when I sweat no oily residue gets on my face.

I think this is going a bit overboard...but if you want to keep track of a gazillion towels, more power to ya. I don't like doing laundry lol.

I, personally, use two towels. One for my body, and one for my face and hair. I use each for two or three days, and then get a fresh set. I mean, like (hehe) Gothic Girl said, you've just washed. It's not like you're wiping yourself down after rolling in the mud or running a marathon. You're clean.

Anyway, like I said, I use the same towel for my hair and face for about three days in a row, and I even condition my hair daily, and it hasn't caused me any problems...

Same here, I use the towel for my hair and face. Doesn't cause me any problems. Even when in b-boy practices, I use a towel to wipe my sweat and use it over and over again for several hours sweating for 4-5 hours without washing my face. Then go home and shower, I don't break out because of the towel. The only time I break out from dancing is when I rub really hard with the towel or roll on my forehead on the ground.

It works for some or it doesnt. Try it.

Wow, totally just shuddered a bit. Definitely have one towel for you hair, and have a completely separate towel which gets washed every week or two weeks strictly for your face. At least that's what I do..!

So.. there are people out there who get shivers by the thought of people using ONE towel after showering?

Wow.

Moving to appropriete forum so you'll get more responses!

I generally use a seperate towel to dry my face, although some weeks I get lazy on that....Dan (the owner of this site) is a big proponent of keeping a different towel for your face just to cut down on irratation and dirt.

I, personally, use two towels. One for my body, and one for my face and hair. I use each for two or three days, and then get a fresh set. I mean, like (hehe) Gothic Girl said, you've just washed. It's not like you're wiping yourself down after rolling in the mud or running a marathon. You're clean.

Anyway, like I said, I use the same towel for my hair and face for about three days in a row, and I even condition my hair daily, and it hasn't caused me any problems...

While it is true that you're fairly clean when you get out of the shower (no one is really ever bacteria free), you are still getting a cloth towel wet. Anything made of porous material, like a towel, is going to be a haven for germs while it's still wet.

Unless your towel is made of antimicrobial material, you're wiping your face with a LOT of germs and possibly mold if you don't hang up your towel properly.

Everything has some germs on it, obviously. Even a dry towel that's just been washed isn't going to be totally clean, but you can drastically reduce the amount of germs you put on your face by using a clean towel every day.

While it is true that you're fairly clean when you get out of the shower (no one is really ever bacteria free), you are still getting a cloth towel wet. Anything made of porous material, like a towel, is going to be a haven for germs while it's still wet.

Unless your towel is made of antimicrobial material, you're wiping your face with a LOT of germs and possibly mold if you don't hang up your towel properly.

Everything has some germs on it, obviously. Even a dry towel that's just been washed isn't going to be totally clean, but you can drastically reduce the amount of germs you put on your face by using a clean towel every day.

And I understand that. I'm just saying that I, personally, use my towel for both my face and hair for a few days before getting a new one and have suffered no ill effects. I tend to think people are a little too uppity about germs anyway. But then, that's just me.

How many of you use the same towel that you dry your hair with to dry your face?????

Ive been doing this for years and years. I think that it may be contributing to my acne.

I mean your hair is oily right? And if you condition your hair, the conditioner also makes it really oily.

If you use that same towel on your face, wouldn't it make your break out more????

CRAP! I need a face towel. :wall:

I usually pat dry my face completely first then move to my hair..then my body.

And I understand that. I'm just saying that I, personally, use my towel for both my face and hair for a few days before getting a new one and have suffered no ill effects. I tend to think people are a little too uppity about germs anyway. But then, that's just me.

If that doesn't break you out, then that's great for you.

I was just trying to clarify for the OP that a towel is no way "clean" just because you only used it to dry off after a shower.

i have a seperate towel for my face

and another for my body/hair.

i usually wash them weekly,

also i change my pillow cases every couple weeks and try not to put my face on them completly.

alot of it is just in your head..i know i do it..but hey it seems to work for me

Dude, you should never use the same towel! Always use a separate towel to pat dry your face and change the towel every few days.