Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiganfcfan07

who uses tap water or filtered water?

I've noticed loads of people talking about tap water causing acne? Not sure but then again it could be. Please could you reply saying tap water or filtered water-which ever one you usually use?(Filtered water = you have a system to clean the water which i used to have in my old house, when i moved to my new home 2 years ago i started using regular tap water to wash my face which is when i started getting acne) well the past two days i've been boiling water in the kettle and then putting it in the fridge to cool down and i've seen my marks improve slightly so i'm gonna try it for a month or so.

This post has a load more detail about this;

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/cured-acne-t219594.html

EDIT; I've tried this for a month now, my skin has improve atleast 10X's in 1 month. (I noticed reults after a week - Face getting smoother and a better skin tone) I had mostly red marks with 2 inflammed marks which are now flat and not to visible. But my actual skin feels soft and smooth, i used to open my mouth and my skin felt really tight like it was dry which has gone.(i hated that!)

The best bit(My marks are fading faster, if i get a pimple it goes within a few days and doesn't leave marks behind like all the rest did before, i mean i've got some marks which have lasted atleast 6-12months but they have started heal in the past month more then they did in 12 months!. As for the older marks on my face they have gone from light red/pink to a colour a little darker then my skin tone - i would say another 1-2 months i should be a happy man!)

I think changing from tap water to filtered/boiled water has had the most improvement on my skin so far.

Let me know if anyone else has tried this and if it worked/or not for them, it can't do any harm so it might be worth trying.

EDIT 2*

Ok check this post out http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Hard-wate...ne-t192818.html

The post has info from loads of people trying this with bottled water, they seem to have decent results aswell.

(If you check your cold taps, at the tip of the tap i mean where the water comes out if there is any white marks/build up of chemicals like chalk at the bottom of your tap then your normal tap water has way too many chemicals) Water in every country/city is different as it's supplied from different channels/well companies. I think by boiling the water it removes the chloride(Which may give you scalley skin but the other chemicals which they use to treat the water can clog/block pores and irritate skin)

I've been using bottled water the past 3 days and i'm starting to see even more imporvement - i have acne of my cheeks, my overal skin tone and complection has improved significantly in the past 3 days. I'll let you know after a full week of using bottled water how it goes.

Good luck,

Wiganfcfan07

Interesting theory.

There was an interesting article in a magazine I read about teens in 3rd countries who don't get acne. To explain, the researches suggested environmental factors (such as food, water, pollution, medication, vaccination, immunization). But, personally, I don't believe fluoride is the sorta thing that can clog up your pores. I still wouldn't rule it out though.

I'll see if I can find the study for you (it was posted in this site before).

Acne is a skin condition that occurs due to the overproduction of oil by the oil glands of the skin. The oil that normally lubricates the skin gets trapped in blocked oil ducts and results in what we know as pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on the surface of skin.

What Causes Acne

Diet: We have all heard that certain foods are known to cause acne. This is completely true; if you find yourself eating a lot of chocolates or greasy food that alone can cause acne to break out on your body. Unfortunately as we get older we have to pay special attention to the choices of food that we decide to eat.

Menstrual Cycle: Yes ladies I know that it is not fair that we have to deal with a menstrual period; however this can trigger an outbreak of acne. During this time your body is going through hormonal changes and that alone can trigger acne to break out.

Acne is caused by an over production of oil beneath your skin mixing with dead skin cells. The dead skin cells block the oil from reaching the surface of the skin causing bacteria to find a home in your pore or hair follicle and voila, a pimple. What about the myths everyone has heard about acne? Eating chocolate will cause it. Having sex or masturbation can cause it. These myths are totally without merit. Many others such as hormones, heredity and stress

have not been scientifically proven.

The most important factor is believed to be increased levels of androgens, the male sex hormone, which increases in males and females during puberty. Another factor may be heredity, where the gene causing the development of acne is passed down from parent(s) to children. Certain drug use may also contribute, as well as certain cosmetics, which could potentially alter the cells in the follicle, causing the follicle to stick together.

Acne Symptoms

Closed blackheads or whiteheads are plugged follicle that stay below the surface of the skin, and sooner or later appear on the skin as small, white or black bump. A blackhead appears when the plug enlarges and pushes through the surface of the skin. The

These are puss-filled spots, you can tell it's a pustule as it will form a 'balloon' or 'volcano' like shape filled with white/yellow puss and usually a yellow 'head' will form as the spot begins to heal.

Whiteheads are very similar to blackheads except it is white, mainly because the pore is closed and so therefore the pore can not oxidize. You should not try to pop Whiteheads, as it will just break the skin. Want to get rid of whitehead

Treatments Available

A topical cream that is applied regularly to the affected area. This cream usually will contain antibiotics in conjunction with cortisone or a prescription acne mediation.

A strong oral antibiotic that gradually decreases to a maintenance level.

Drink 6 to 8 large glasses of water per day. Filtered water or mineral water is recommended. Drinking water helps to eliminate toxins from the body via the bowel and kidneys. Not drinking enough water can make the body feel sluggish which can prolong the effects of Acne. Drinking Coffee and Tea can not be considered a substitute for drinking water. :dance:

Acne is a skin condition that occurs due to the overproduction of oil by the oil glands of the skin. The oil that normally lubricates the skin gets trapped in blocked oil ducts and results in what we know as pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on the surface of skin.

What Causes Acne

Diet: We have all heard that certain foods are known to cause acne. This is completely true; if you find yourself eating a lot of chocolates or greasy food that alone can cause acne to break out on your body. Unfortunately as we get older we have to pay special attention to the choices of food that we decide to eat.

Menstrual Cycle: Yes ladies I know that it is not fair that we have to deal with a menstrual period; however this can trigger an outbreak of acne. During this time your body is going through hormonal changes and that alone can trigger acne to break out.

Acne is caused by an over production of oil beneath your skin mixing with dead skin cells. The dead skin cells block the oil from reaching the surface of the skin causing bacteria to find a home in your pore or hair follicle and voila, a pimple. What about the myths everyone has heard about acne? Eating chocolate will cause it. Having sex or masturbation can cause it. These myths are totally without merit. Many others such as hormones, heredity and stress

have not been scientifically proven.

The most important factor is believed to be increased levels of androgens, the male sex hormone, which increases in males and females during puberty. Another factor may be heredity, where the gene causing the development of acne is passed down from parent(s) to children. Certain drug use may also contribute, as well as certain cosmetics, which could potentially alter the cells in the follicle, causing the follicle to stick together.

Acne Symptoms

Closed blackheads or whiteheads are plugged follicle that stay below the surface of the skin, and sooner or later appear on the skin as small, white or black bump. A blackhead appears when the plug enlarges and pushes through the surface of the skin. The

These are puss-filled spots, you can tell it's a pustule as it will form a 'balloon' or 'volcano' like shape filled with white/yellow puss and usually a yellow 'head' will form as the spot begins to heal.

Whiteheads are very similar to blackheads except it is white, mainly because the pore is closed and so therefore the pore can not oxidize. You should not try to pop Whiteheads, as it will just break the skin. Want to get rid of whitehead

Treatments Available

A topical cream that is applied regularly to the affected area. This cream usually will contain antibiotics in conjunction with cortisone or a prescription acne mediation.

A strong oral antibiotic that gradually decreases to a maintenance level.

Drink 6 to 8 large glasses of water per day. Filtered water or mineral water is recommended. Drinking water helps to eliminate toxins from the body via the bowel and kidneys. Not drinking enough water can make the body feel sluggish which can prolong the effects of Acne. Drinking Coffee and Tea can not be considered a substitute for drinking water. :dance:

Ok, now where'd you copy and paste that from? :whistle:

I doubt tap water has anything to do with causing acne.

I'm not a big believer in bottled water...drinking it or using it for any other reason.

I did some research on tap water and found out that it can have an impact on acne for people with sensitive skin (this includes me). I started using filtered water, but that became expensive. I recently moved on to blue solar water which my dad told me about.

Blue solar water is water that is put out in the sun within a glass bottle for a few hours. There have been studies that show that solar water is better than filtered water.

I am now using this water to wash my face and drink. I used to drink about 5 liters a day of tap water and somehow I continued to break out. When I switched to bottled, it became a bit better. So Im hoping this solar water can help more.

So it doesn't matter if it's boiled water or filtered water? I'm gonna try boiled water and see how it goes.

So it doesn't matter if it's boiled water or filtered water? I'm gonna try boiled water and see how it goes.

Just don't burn yourself!!(Either put it in the freezer for an hour or so or put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours) Lol i nearly did last night... Anyways i'm guessing that filtered water maybe better but using boiled water has worked really well for me, I use the kettle to boil it.

Good luck and if you do try it let me know if it works for you after 3-7 days.

I doubt that tap water will have any effect on acne, although im open to new ideas. Tap water is actually better for you than bottled water/filtered water as it contains minerals such as magnesium and calcium which can help your heart and build strong bones so im sticking to the good ol tap water :dance:

y'all think bottled water would work as well or just stick with filtered/boiled?

Bottled water is better then boiled!

I've been doing this for a week and I don't see any difference

Have a look at ths post ; http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Hard-wate...ne-t192818.html

Sorry that it hasn't been working for you, you could try bottled water as thats what i've been using for the past 3 days(Before i was using boiled water) and i've seen an improvement in my skin.

I need to edit my first post as i've found some new info on this...

p acne the bacteria it self is present on everyones skin but the infection is present on oily skin people. Let’s leave that there. Lets start with the things you know. What causes oily skin ,oily foods ? not necessarily because there are people who eat oily foods everday and don’t have oily skin and don’t break out. So why do they tell you don’t eat sweet things ( acne in lab grows in successfully on milk culture where there is sugar ,nicotinic acid and air deprived environment), why does repeatedly washing and scrubbing temporarily help because it exposes the bacteria to oxygen but not for long pracrine signals the seabum production and u just cant fight it that way . Acne is not a genetically acquired disease , its possibly makes an individual more prone to such infection .Its somehow Immune system related and that’s the only thing acquired. I did lots of research on immune system and everything and I have discovered the root cause of acne.

1 . washing your face with harsh soap is bad

2. don’t use tap water( full of Pb, Cl, PVC, all kinds of chemicals they cant filter) ( use distilled water not filtered water to wash)

3. Constipation ( main cause of oily skin and acne) what causes constipation ( refined foods ex. white bread , sweets etc,) ( read how Christian fasting cleans your very skin, ask me how if interested it’s the best cleanse you will ever come across)

4. Use only distilled water everyday and wash face once a week with face wash if necessary

5. Clean towels to dry face everyday

So I discovered the root cause of acne and a cure .

6. your food PH, eating more alkali foods ( veg + fruits ) no juice or mixing them up even proportions. Learn to combine ur foods based on Ph

7.working out

8.Praying ( I will explain for non religious people)

9. Oxygen ( heals – because this is an anaerobic bacteria, it is

10. Morning sun is very good( the acne is sensitive to blue and red uv rays)

11. washing with cooked oat meal if my skin needed moisturizer is good source of vitamine E and its bio available)

12. Eating avocado is very good

13. Proper bawl movement twice a day with yogurt bacteria culture ( probiotics)

14. not eating too much once but rather eating small now and then , avoid this artificial table salt , rather use himalian salt or other salts.

15. it took only 2 days to see the difference and you will gain your immunity from inside out

16. don’t take any drugs, ( SAY NO TO DRUGS)

I had mild acne but it vanished, and I used all natural method to clear myself.

I was cleared and I use to remember the stress I was going trough and now I have to share how I did it. I will explain how to apply this routine if interested. I wasted long time on this research but God opened my eyes and I have to share this with anyone who are victims of this problem.

i, myself, havent tried this but it makes sense. water, esp hard water, is basic and basic water can make your face basic, which p. acne bacteria like to replicate in. but if you use filtered or bottled, which is neutral, p. acne has less of a chance of replicating and even more less in acidic water.

as for boiled? i dont think that is true that it works too unless your collecting the evaporating water from the source, which i highly doubt. boiling water does not evaporate the minerals and alkaloid metals that make the water basic. i guess it could, however, evaporate other elements like fluorine and chlorine.

i know that for ME, when i take a shower and if i dont put on moisturizer, my face gets tight and dry. im sure that if i used filtered water it would make a difference. but it seems too much work. unless i buy a filter for the shower head....

I've also red mark left after acne on my face. So to remove these marks I'm using cucumber juice to my face and leave that on overnight. It's quite effective on the marks.