Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miladycarol

Face all dried out from tape method?

Has anyone using the tape method of exfoliation experienced patchy dry skin? I NEVER get dry skin and this has done it! I'm probably over doing it, aren't I (I was taping every night before bed for a week for the dry pathces showed up)?

How often should I be doing this? It was really making a difference in my skin until the dry patches. Now my poor skin looks horrible and wrinkly! ](*,)

Any thoughts?

Not a problem Milady, ::bows:: biggrin.gif

Just think of it logically. How much dead skin do you really have to peel off in a week? Do you really think dead skin accumulates that quickly in a single day? No way! Just take your time and do everything in moderation. Don't worry...I know what it's like. When you hear of a good thing, people tend to overdo it. That's me too! Don't expect quick results...but rather, sure and steady. [-o<

Not a problem Milady, ::bows::  biggrin.gif 

Just think of it logically.  How much dead skin do you really have to peel off in a week?  Do you really think dead skin accumulates that quickly in a single day?  No way!  Just take your time and do everything in moderation.  Don't worry...I know what it's like.  When you hear of a good thing, people tend to overdo it.  That's me too!  Don't expect quick results...but rather, sure and steady.  [-o<

Yeah, best to ease off a little. I only use the tape method when there are visible dry flakes I need to take off; about once or twice a week.