Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 48

hey thought i would update this. my skin isnt making any dramatic improvements. my initial breakout is healing pretty well, i am still getting new pimples though, mostly on my forehead. my back hurts when i work out. sort of a sharp pain, it feels like my spine is being depressed so im always resting it. joints arent doing the best but its not horrible by any standards. just living life trying not to pay attention to my acne or my side effects. all is well

Day 51

wow already 51 days into it. my skin is lookin better, i havent gotten any new pimples in the past few days. skin feels muuuch smoother. still have red marks from ib.

wOW Matt thats great news....I'm about my 36 day of accutane ....I still got some pimples on my fore-head & cheeks almost heal I hope to Recover soon..

Glad to hear that your skin is getting better. You're going to post monthly pictures right? Would be nice to see what type of results you are getting. Red marks will probably linger for a while. Try to not be impatient. Everything will improve with time.

Day 59

Hey havent bothered to update this, the updates would be pointless. My acne is getting better, yes, but verrryyy slowly. I have less pimples but the redmarks are still there and i am still getting new pimples, but they are a lot smaller and less stubborn than the old ones. also, do not pick your pimples! i picked one cause it was right under my eye but all it did was spread and there was still a mark. ive had terrible stomach aches the past 2 days i dont know what it is from but i couldnt go to work last night because i threw up and didnt want to risk it. hopefully ill get better soon, i dont think its related to the accutane, i may have caught something from my friend :( anyway, my back is in pretty bad shape but that could be from laying down all day yesterday and today, i think i need to stretch it. lips arent horribly chapped although i forgot to carry my chapstick with me for 2 hours and i already had skin peeling off. they are fine now that i brushed them and applied vasoline. also it seems as if my concentration has gone completley down the toilet. i have some form of add but its never been like this before, i feel like a zombie. i need sleep probably but first ill upload some pictures.

Day 74

bah i havent written on this thing in days. its really cool being able to come back and physically see how my acne was 15 days ago because i feel like i havent been making any improvements. well, i have been! im still getting small pimples :( but they arent very bothersome. i think my body is just reacting very slowly to the medication. i havent noticed any mood shifts at all during my course. the most noticable side effect is dry eyes. i have them everyday and i always keep eye drops and burts bees with me. lips havent been too bad but i still like to keep them well maintained. as far as the drug goes, my doctor is keeping me on 60mg because my liver enzymes have been slowly increasing. im not sure if this could be related to me having a few drinks a week before my blood test but im staying sober for this month regardless. ive been switched over to brand name accutane to "dry out" more. i think its working :pray:

Wow!! I was just browsing through your logs and your pics look great!! What an improvement from when you first started! You must be happy :D

Hey, any update on this log? I'm pretty much on the same day as you so I was wondering how you were doing as our stats are pretty much the same.

I'm still breaking out now and then, but go away quickly. I have horrible scarring so I ordered some Emu Oil actually. After sticking with it while my skin was getting used to is (and broke out) it has really helped reduce redness - more than I thought it would. Look forward to hearing how you're doing.

Day 165 i think

woww i havent been on this in soo long!! sorry to whoever actually read this ive been really caught up in school and with my friends that i havent thought of updating this. my face is soooo clear compared to all of these past pictures i cant believe it! I still have a few small pimples but absolutely nothing compared to the last time i took pictures. Honestly, so far taking accutane has been one of the best decisions of my life. after everything ive been through with acne pre and mid accutane i feel like ive done some growing up. i feel so much better and happier and more clear minded now than i did 6 months ago its ridiculous. It might be some sort of placebo effect but my confidence has been through the roof im not at all afraid to show my face or approach a girl or do anything its nuts. anyway, im sure you guys wanna hear about the side effects! well, my lips are fine i just need chapstick on them, my skin gets easily flushed, my eyes are super dry (i use rhoto v, the blue kind it works so well with the dryness and the redness for most of the day using only 1 drop per eye), i do notice muscle soreness that is different from the soreness from lifting weights, and i need a lot of sleep! Not bad! I look good and more importantly i feel like i look good. anyway ill upload pictures sometime this week, dont get the wrong idea though i dont have hollywood skin.

Nice to read about your succesfull journey... Id like to see your new pics, because my progress has been quite similar with yours and Im now on month 4.

Congrats. Your skin has improved so much from a few months ago. Good to know that you stuck with it and didn't give up hope.