Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 23

ahh i havent had internet in so many days! i just moved to a new place which is pretty sweet its some historic house and its got all these fire alarms and medical emergency buttons so i dont think im gonna have any huge parties ever. my face has been really dry lately, same with my eyes and corners of lips. i always find myself picking off the flakes of skin cause theyre nasty. I broke out again too but the pimples disappear 100 times faster than they did before accutane so i dont mind. my knees and back get sore whenever i stand or sit for a long time so im tryin to alternate lol. also im getting this weird pressure where my sinuses are when i bend over to pick something up and sometimes it feels like i have pressure behind my eyes. ive been sort of not well but im wondering if this has anything to do with the warnings about increased brain pressure (hope not). I have a check up scheduled this friday with my derm, does this usually come with a blood test too or do i have to schedule one myself? oh ya my nose is really dry too. anyway im really excited to have clear skin because im sooooo sick of people staring at my acne at work and anywhere. anyway ima go to uc santa cruz tonight to see some friends ill write on this thing tomorrow.

Day 24

aammm soooooo tireeed. i stayed up till 5 am partying last night but i only had two cups from beer pong (yaa im that good). still hellla tired. i think my face is done growing pimples from this breakout because it seems like they are drying up. i dont have any large cysts which is amazing and feels soo good. neck is starting to dry up, upper lip and nose too but that might be from blowing my nose. i just pounded a cup of coffee but my eyes still feel tired. im gonna invest in some quality lubricating eye drops. ive been really good about moisturizing at night with my arms and hands and they havent been giving me anymore problems, now i gotta increase the moisture to my face. gotta go study, write on this tomorrow.

Day 25

today was a good day. acne seems to be drying up and i dont feel any of it below the surface of the skin. my jawline itches i hope that doesnt mean theres gonna be another breakout! its getting harder to keep my face moisturized throughout the day so i keep a bottle of olay in my car. doing squats at the gym was a bad idea for my back i felt like an old man afterward but im fine now. i hate shaving and put it off till i look like wolverine so i can reduce the amount of pimples ill be cutting off. everything else seems normal though.

Day 26

so aparrantley im supposed to just walk in and get my blood drawn without appointment. i gotta do that tomorrow dont let me forget! anyway the acne inflammation has gone down soo much i can really notice it. i dunno if other people can or not but im glad that i can. i picked off what i thought was a dried pimple since it was just hanging there but it left a hole in my face! i reallllly hope i dont get a scar from that. i have to stop picking at my face. anyway my face feels kinda itchy, i hope its not a break out. i have my derm appt friday and im sure everytning will check out fine. i havent been drinking or doing other things that would ruin my liver but you never know. i think im gonna get moved up to 80mg a day next month. o ya, my hair is really soft because i condition every morning when i shower, it feels dry when i hop in the shower but is amazing after im out. new pictures comin soon!

Day 26

bah forgot to fast for the blood test so i gotta do that strarting in 20 min till tomorrow. i haaate not being able to have breakfast its my favorite meal of the day! eggs sausage eggo waffles blueberry syrup and miiillk everyday! im gonna predict that the test will come out positive because if i have any doubts then my liver will get pissed and give me some bad blood. nothing new to report today. its sunny out!

DAY 25 here actually for accutane...

Not a huge difference in the amount of pimples, however my skin is very dry at this point. My lips have busted open one time and are still healing...

My recommendation, buy Aquaphor for the lips at least, helps a lot.

Bloodtest needed for me soon as well.

Other then dryness, no other side effects to report.

hay! your writing on the wrong blog! haha im gonna write on this later tonight maybe with new pics. i got a calc midterm tomorrow :(

nice blog and good luck on your accutane.

can you upload new pics so it will show how your skin has responded to the medicine?

thx dude

hay! your writing on the wrong blog! haha im gonna write on this later tonight maybe with new pics. i got a calc midterm tomorrow :(

Hey it's all good I'll go away if you want, I was just reading and I found it ironic you were like a day away from where I'm at with the tane right now.

Besides that, I know how it feels to be trying to get honest answers and testimonials from different people regarding the subject, so I figured I would just update a little on where I stand.

It's all good and love! :)

Day 30

hey neacey im sorry i was under the impression you thought you were writing on your own blog! haha please keep updating me with your progress. thanks for the support everyone!

my dermatologist was sick friday :wall: ! i have an appointment for tomorrow at 1:30 so im not worrying. i have been getting rashes on my arms and tops of hands lately. they itch sometimes, are scaley and look pretty dry. anyway ive been moisturizing the arms a bunch so hopefully theyll go away. im gonna ask my derm about this tomorrow. other than that my face kinda itches and more places on my body are drying up like my neck, earlobes???, and parts of my shoulders and back. its nothing i cant handle. anyway i just took some pictures that ill upload and then back to studying!

BEGIN MONTH 2

* i took these without flash so nothing would be overly exaggerated or understated *

right face

post-90630-1233559441_thumb.jpg

left face

post-90630-1233559451_thumb.jpg

front face

post-90630-1233559454_thumb.jpg

chin right

post-90630-1233559458_thumb.jpg

chin left

post-90630-1233559460_thumb.jpg

post-90630-1233559441_thumb.jpg

post-90630-1233559451_thumb.jpg

post-90630-1233559454_thumb.jpg

post-90630-1233559458_thumb.jpg

post-90630-1233559460_thumb.jpg

Day 31

went the doc today. she kept me on 60 mg a day but switched me to claravis... dunno why. anyway i asked her about the really dry rash thing on my arms and she just told me to put on moisturizing cream, not lotion (apparently lotion has alcohol in it which can irritate or dry skin but it okay for facial use). she also said i should start expecting results this month seeing as my acne is now mostly superficial and not the deep cystic stuff ive had before. im really excited!!!!!

Hey mattysays, thought I would stop and say thanks for your words of encouragement. I was really close to downing my pills down the toilet but I am going ahead with it.

I hope this month will be your magic month for you. Toast to clearer days!!!!!

Day 34

woo! go carmelle! haha just stick with it itll be all good.

i think im gaining confidence just knowinng ill be clear eventually. i used to hate looking at myself because i didnt have any hope for my skin to clear but now i dooo! haha anyway i dont think my skin has been making much progress within these past few days but long term i know ill see results. im still getting new pimples but nothing like i got before. im positive my ib is over but i have pimple scabs on my face as proof of it. those will go away in time. everything else is good. skins been nice since applying the cetaphil creamm :)

Day 36

last night i got a lil buzzed before a hockey game it was a lot of fun and i didnt feel anything this morning except tired :dance: anyway my skin was pretty dry this morning. i gotta start drinking more water. nothing else has really changed, im still getting pimples :boohoo:

Day 36

last night i got a lil buzzed before a hockey game it was a lot of fun and i didnt feel anything this morning except tired :dance: anyway my skin was pretty dry this morning. i gotta start drinking more water. nothing else has really changed, im still getting pimples :boohoo:

Been reading your log. I just started myself. I do recommend drinking more water. it's good you know that. I work at starbucks and the caffeine is dehydrating. I know I don't drink enough, I've been trying to increase my water intake before I even started.

Anyway, Wishing you the best of luck in your journey!

(if we've tried everything, this HAS to work, right??)

I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Day 38

Hey monica thanks for checkin out my blog. i work at a bookstore and we get free seattles best coffee and i drink so much of it during my shift! it never really dehydrated me that much but now i get headaches and dry eyes if i dont drink a bunch of water after drinking coffee. kinda sucks but w/e

today was like any other except it was amazing outside. it stopped raining and its been super clear all day. ive noticed my skins increased sensitivity to the sun, i gotta stay away! other than that no apparent improvements.

Hope things are doing a little better. I hate facial hair so I'm constantly shaving. Could take longer for the Accutane kicks in. Better to assess the results at the end of your treatment. All the best.

Day 38

Hey monica thanks for checkin out my blog. i work at a bookstore and we get free seattles best coffee and i drink so much of it during my shift! it never really dehydrated me that much but now i get headaches and dry eyes if i dont drink a bunch of water after drinking coffee. kinda sucks but w/e

today was like any other except it was amazing outside. it stopped raining and its been super clear all day. ive noticed my skins increased sensitivity to the sun, i gotta stay away! other than that no apparent improvements.

oh sweet, where do you work, borders? Did you know that starbucks owns seattles best?

I'm happy it stopped raining, but it's supposed to rain all weekend. Do you go snowboarding in mammoth? I have mammoth mtn sweatpants on right now, haha but i've never been there.

I'm going to big bear this weekend, I'm stoked. It's only my 4th time out, but last time we went after this huge snowstorm and big bear had 3-4 ft of new snow. And I finally figured out how to transfer my weight from my heel edge to my toe edge and back smoothly, so this time should be my best time out yet! :boogie: (except it's supposed to snow, so I may get all wet!) :strongsad:

Day 41

ya! i work at borders haha and i just learned that starbucks owns seattles best like 1 month ago. those jerks own everything. its still raining on and off where i am but i like it, its a good contrast to super sunny. snowboarding is sooo amazing i cant wait to go again, i think im going this sunday-monday but it might be hella crowded cause of presidents day weekend but i looove the snow soo much so i dont care. thanks for posting!

last night i went out to party in santa clara and it made me realize how freaking self conscious i am of my acne. everytime a girl would look at me i think shes looking at my acne so i look away, this goes for anyone i dont know that looks at me. i have to get over it im sure people dont care but its hard having everyone around you with perfect skin and me being the only one with acne. it really holds me back and i get really quiet and nervous when im self conscious AH! anyway i think my face is starting to chill out. my cheeks are healing and havent seen a new pimple in a while. my forehead on the other hand is a garden for new pimples. noticable side effects right now are dry face, sometimes dry eyes, joints hurt when i do certain work outs, but the gym really improves my mood and makes my body feel amazing afterward, i love to work out.

last night i went out to party in santa clara and it made me realize how freaking self conscious i am of my acne. everytime a girl would look at me i think shes looking at my acne so i look away, this goes for anyone i dont know that looks at me. i have to get over it im sure people dont care but its hard having everyone around you with perfect skin and me being the only one with acne. it really holds me back and i get really quiet and nervous when im self conscious AH! anyway i think my face is starting to chill out. my cheeks are healing and havent seen a new pimple in a while. my forehead on the other hand is a garden for new pimples. noticable side effects right now are dry face, sometimes dry eyes, joints hurt when i do certain work outs, but the gym really improves my mood and makes my body feel amazing afterward, i love to work out.

Hey man. I'm actually on DAY 37 (you're pretty close to that right?) I should be on day 40 but my damn doctor is so slow with prescriptions! i think i could get a gun with bullets easier than accutane - which is just absurd. I'm 18...still have a lot of pimples on me cheek, but they are reducing in severity A LOT. One trick i've tried over the last week is literally shaving every single night after a hot shower. Just a light shave over the cheeks gets a lot of the dead skin and gross stuff off and leaves a clean palette to moisturize. It's reduced large zits and cleans any unwanted oil off the surface.

...I have the self-conscious party issues too. It's like I have this big red light bulb over my face and everyone is looking at my skin. and you know, if they are i don't want to associate with them so fuck it. I think the best way to think about it is not "minimizing" it. It's a definite issue that slowly needs to be handled through anti-anxiety routines. but maybe it's nice to hear someone with the same problem. it seems like EVERYONE has perfect skin now-a-days. well, good luck and i'll pretty much be on the same page as you this whole time- kinda cool. btw gym=amazing. except seeing everyone with the perfect skin. hope to talk more

-sam

Day 44

hey sam its always cool to have people that i can relate to, thanks for sharing.

last night i went to a huge "valentines" party, it was awesome and i ended up drinking :redface: i wasnt as drunk as i thought i should be so i just stopped drinking when i thought i had enough, probably around 6 cup fulls of beer. later on in the night i didnt feel drunk at all, just really awake lol. anyway today i woke up late, didnt have a hangover and ive been drinking a bunch of water and eating well just to give my body some lovin. im not gonna drink again for a while, i dont want bad blood test results. anyway, my acne seems to be reacting to the accutane. pimples that ive been getting are drying up fast. no more cystic acne. but the whiteheads still make a guest appearance every now and then. my lips have been doing well with burts bees in the day and vasoline at night and morning. skin isnt too dry as long as i moisturize. o ya my face was super red last night, i usually dont get red when i drink but looking at pictures from last night i was super flushed. i didnt seem to care or notice at all though and neither did anyone around me. soo im gonna go to the gym and sweat out all the toxins from last night!