Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
idislikescars

hypertrophic scar (HELP)

ok.. well i'm new to this website and came here for help.. first of all, i want to explain my situation. i have mild scarring only on my cheeks. i'm not so worried about that since i bet those can be easily removed by lasers.. but what i am i worried is about this one hypertrophic scar i have on my right side of my cheek. this scar was caused when the doctor had to "shave" this GIGANTIC pimple off my face :cry: it was that or a wart.. once it healed this scar was slightly elevated. now, this scar is completely flat but the color is still red and looks horrible. idk what treatments i should do. i am nervous due to the fact that i have an appointment on dec. 31 st and i REALLY DONT want to make a huge mistake and fuck up my face anymore :( please help me if you have any experience on hypertrophic scarring... iv'e had the roughest 2 years of my life so far and i'm almost clearing up... the last thing i want to do is fuck it up by making the wrong choice... THANK YOU

Some good things to use on your scar would be lime juice (bleaches color of scar, is acidic, and will help generate new skin tissue, healing the scar faster).

Eventually, the scar will heal itself, but using lime juice (or lemon juice) will be very helpful.