Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
makeitrayne

Accutane persribed today

Well, i just got back from the derms office, i have blood work tomorrow morning and then i begin accutane. I kinda have mixed feelings. I AM super excited that this could be the end of the acne torture, but im also affraid of the side effects. Im optimistic though. I will post here for the classic "Accutane Log." Any words of encouragment would be nice :). thanks

Damn ipledge is taking forever to send me password. Why do guys even have to sign up for that thing?...its stupid. I cant get pregnant, and im not going to get anyone pregnant.

Anyways, as soon as i get a user name and password from that devil website i start the accutane chapter in my life. I will post after first pill.

hmmm.. i didnt have to sign up. but i am register for ipledge. BTW your not suppose to get any1 pregnant while on tane? I thought it's just bad to get pregnant on tane.. :confused:

DAY 1

Well night 1, actually. Took first pill at around 6 oclock. Have a little stomach ache but maybe just nerves. Ill post tommorow night after I go through my first full day

I had a stomach ache the first night too. I was SOOOO nervous to begin it. If you didn't... take it with food or something fatty, it helps to digest it better

for side effects: expect the basics. dryness & dry lips... some other things that have happened to me. I have chapped hands, kind of rashy... if you live in a cold climate wear gloves everywhere even if you are leaving for like 10 minutes. I also have some muscle pain in my lower back and some tightness and stiffness if i sit in the same position for a while, but thats nothing advil doesnt fix.

Also, expect the initial breakout, its not fun, and it makes u sooo upset, wondering wtf is the point of this.

and my personal advice to you. PLEASE DONT PICK YOUR PIMPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have on a few and they look really bad, worse than before the accutane.

How many mgs are you taking? Remember to take it with your biggest meal of the day, or with a meal. I think it was the 4-5th day when I noticed it really taking an effect. I never got a breakout while on Accutane(lucky). I remember seeing my blackheads literally pushing out my skin and coming out; it was pretty cool. :lol: Good Luck.

How many mgs are you taking? Remember to take it with your biggest meal of the day, or with a meal. I think it was the 4-5th day when I noticed it really taking an effect. I never got a breakout while on Accutane(lucky). I remember seeing my blackheads literally pushing out my skin and coming out; it was pretty cool. :lol: Good Luck.

Im on 20mg twice a day. So i just take 1 at breakfast and 1 at dinner.

And im glad that everyone doesn't experience the breakout, hopefully i dont either

I havent posted in a while, sorry.

Its like, day 8 and im clearing up a little bit. Side effects are just a little dry lips and skin. Maybe minor tiredness.

Quick question, I usually take 3 showers a day.

Three is the perfect number because I can shower once I get up in the morning, in the evening after I workout and right before I go to sleep.

Once I am on Accutane, will the number of showers I take, effect the dryness of skin greatly?

I havent posted in a while, sorry.

Its like, day 8 and im clearing up a little bit. Side effects are just a little dry lips and skin. Maybe minor tiredness.

does the accutane also make you really hungry? Ive only been on tane for 4 days now but it makes me wicked hungry

Day 10

I really don't want to jinx myself...but im REALLY clearing up already. My face is dry indeed, and my lips are quite chapped, but I couldn't be more pleased with the results that im seeing already, there is still a lot of work to be done, but im clearing up little by little.

Again, i dont want to jinx myself because i could still get an initial breakout i think.

And I really want to share what my "regimen" is, because i think that attributes to my success as well.

Morning

-(In shower) Wash face with DDF Cellular Cleansing Complex. (Expensive, but really hydrating and soothing)

-HydraMe' Moisturizing lotion. (Google it! Its a hidden treasure. Very silky.)

Night

-Wash face with DDF Glycolic Wash (Again, expensive but very renewing and worth it)

-Duac Topical Gel (Its a prescription gel with 5% BP and 1% Clindamycin. I dont use it much anymore cause its drying)

-HydraMe' Moisturizing lotion with about 5 drops of jojoba oil

Supplements

-690mg of Omega 3 (taken in morning after breakfast)

-400 IU Vitamin E (1 in morning, 1 in evening)

-50 MG Zinc (Morning after breakfast)