Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone had one? Like the ones where they do extractions?

Right now I mostly have clogged pores (Like the little bumps that are neither pimples or blackheads), regular blackheads, and a few stubborn red marks. Oh ,and the ocassional cyst, which is where those stubborn red marks come from.

Pretty much I just wanna know what they do exactly, how much they usually cost and of course do they work?

Has anyone had one? Like the ones where they do extractions?

Right now I mostly have clogged pores (Like the little bumps that are neither pimples or blackheads), regular blackheads, and a few stubborn red marks. Oh ,and the ocassional cyst, which is where those stubborn red marks come from.

Pretty much I just wanna know what they do exactly, how much they usually cost and of course do they work?

I had a good one. They used steam and several products I ended up buying. I'm just bad at keeping with a regimen. The lady did extractions as well which felt weird. It cost around $90 at the lil spa I went to. It worked, but like I said, you have to keep up with a regimen.

Yup i've done it a few times this past 2 months, since my mom was concerned about my acne she took me to do a acne facial that costs $80 CAD/$90 for me cause i'm a guy. Anyways yea they first wash your face give you a mask that helps your active pimples and/or prevents them, then they steam your face and extract your blackheads/squeeze your pimples ect...just cleaning your face. After they disinfect your face with this electric wand (similar to the Derma Wand) after that they give you another mask with chinese herbs then you're done takes about 2 hours. After about 2 treatments i had a huge improvement that motivated my mom to buy a 10 package bundle that gives you 2 free treatments so 12 for the price of 10. Definitely worth a try if you have mild to moderate acne. Severe i'm not so sure, cause extracting blackheads and especially pimples are extremely painful, but no pain no gain.

If you can find someone who knows how to work with acne prone skin (not all estheticians do - even some that often acne facials), facials can really help a lot. I still get one done every 4-6 wks. Extractions can really help prevent comedones from developing into pimples and the facials keep your skin nicely exfoliated, which helps prevent clogged pores.

But, you do have to do them on an ongoing basis to really get results - at least until you are relatively clear.

I just had a facial on Saturday and I have to admit that there are less noticeable raised bumps/clogged pores, BUT the esthetician pushed too hard and now I have brown spots all over my face. Does anybody know how long it'll take before these spots disappear? At least the bumps weren't noticeable far away now I have to deal with spots that you can see no matter where you are!

I just had a facial on Saturday and I have to admit that there are less noticeable raised bumps/clogged pores, BUT the esthetician pushed too hard and now I have brown spots all over my face. Does anybody know how long it'll take before these spots disappear? At least the bumps weren't noticeable far away now I have to deal with spots that you can see no matter where you are!

It usually takes almost up to a week for these to go away... I'm fairly confident in saying that if there has been no inflammation (i.e. an actual pimple) that you should be good to go pretty soon.