Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoalisa

So I just did something slightly stupid... HELP!

So after washing my face I saw that a cyst on my chin had shrunk quite a bit since yesterday and was starting to come to head. Of course my thoughts, instead of being the smart and sensible "great! Let's slather some BP and AHA on it and it'll be almost gone by tomorrow!" were instead "Great! Let's grab a needle, poke a hole, and see what happens!" :rolleyes: So I find a needle, boil it, and start rummaging for rubbing alcohol to disinfect the skin. Well, of course I'm all out, but I did find some hydrogen peroxide. Being the hasty person who craves instant gratification that I am, I figured that would just have to do. So I take a q-tip and dip it in the hydrogen peroxide, apply it to the cyst turned pimple, and it immedietly turns white. I grab a tissue to wipe away what I figured were the little foamy bubbles that hydrogen peroxide makes, and the entire layer of dry skin that was over the cyst just peels away. Now I'm left with a tiny red patch of raw skin, the cyst is still underneath (of course) although it is SLIGHTLY smaller, and it won't stop oozing that clear pus. Needless to say I didn't poke any holes with the needle after this, and I think I've learned my lesson.

Well, there's my backstory. Here's my question: WHAT DO I DO NOW? :doubt: I need to put something on it to keep it from scabbing and scarring and getting infected. Is there anything that anyone can suggest to help speed up the healing process? ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

So far I've applied some witch hazel and jojoba oil. Is this a good start? I'm afraid to put any BP or AHA on it for fear of it slowing the healing. What do I use? :wall:

i would think neosporin maybe? since its specifically made for cuts and preventing infection

Will neosporin clog pores? I know I've used polysporin on my face in the past and it left me with some tiny clogged pores all around the area it was used. The cyst is still underneath so I don't want to use anything that might make it bigger.

If you can get some unpasteurized honey stick it on and apply a bandaid over it. This will heal quickly and will help kill infection naturally. Regular honey is ok, but the organic honey is best.

i burnt myself with a chemical peel and have been using neosporin, it doesnt seem to clog my pores. it seems to work quite nicely actually. but if it clogs ur pores than yea don't use it. i would use aloe vera for sure. idk about honey for somehting that open and sore.

Polysporin and a bandaid, neosporin CREAM and a bandaid, or even just a plain bit of petrolatum jelly and a bandaid will be fine, or of course as suggested above, honey, preferably Manuka honey. http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/d...r-of-honey.html

You've experienced first-hand the main reason I dislike Hydrogen peroxide on the skin, particularly on open wounds. It macerates the skin (chews it up).

Polysporin and a bandaid, neosporin CREAM and a bandaid, or even just a plain bit of petrolatum jelly and a bandaid will be fine, or of course as suggested above, honey, preferably Manuka honey. http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/d...r-of-honey.html

You've experienced first-hand the main reason I dislike Hydrogen peroxide on the skin, particularly on open wounds. It macerates the skin (chews it up).

Indeed, I learned my lesson the hard way :doh: Thanks for the advice!

ive done that, i ended up with red scar marks, im never picking those damn things ever again... i got enough red scar marks on my face.. good news tho, they last atleast 6 months and fade away over time

i heards cocoa butter and vitamin A helps speed things up? not sure tho, do some research on it.