Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volcom3453

I hate the acne commercials

Just a little rant, but the acne commercials are so dumb. I see that Murad infomercial on tv sometimes and it pisses me off. The people on there really don't even have that bad of acne and they complain about it like they're life was horrendous. Sure they have spots, but most probably don't even know what it's like to have a cyst or multiple ones. It's just laughable sometimes.

Just a little rant, but the acne commercials are so dumb. I see that Murad infomercial on tv sometimes and it pisses me off. The people on there really don't even have that bad of acne and they complain about it like they're life was horrendous. Sure they have spots, but most probably don't even know what it's like to have a cyst or multiple ones. It's just laughable sometimes.

couldn't agree more.

i thought it was just me for a while.....they make it seem like i must have more than just acne.

the ppl on there have more mild acne then every single person that goes to my school it pisses me off too.

theyd have like a small bump on there nose.... i have fuckin shit all over my faace that wont clear

Haha, I hate that they always come on every five minutes when I'm already in a bad mood about my face. Especially when I've already TRIED the products they're advertising!! C'monnn, shut up, it doesn't workkk, no one cares how perfect your skin is after ProActiv or Murad! D:<

:redface:

Yeahhhhhh.

haha yes. I just love how inspirational they try to make it. They have their models sitting with eachother talking about how they got one pimple a week and were on the brink of suicide and then Dr. Murad just whips up a miracle, insults benzoyl peroxide and boasts how his product is amazing.

Yep, those commercials are ridiculous. In a way I can understand the use of actors/models that don't have a bad case of acne, that's unfortunately how the media is - everyone should "look good". But in this case I think it would be better to focus on the products (solely) rather than showcase people that look practically flawless.

When I saw the Murad commercial, I swear I was about to buy it.

Good thing my mom refused to get it; probaly would've been another """"proactiv""" investment.

Meaning a big F for failure.

Ha

But I totally know what you mean about the commercials. Every time one comes up, (thank god I watch tv alone so I've never had to deal with that whole awkwardness) I just say "YEAHHH RIGHT." and quickly switch the channel to anything. Anything other than that damn commercial.

hahahaha i feel the same way!

"i used to have horrible acne... then i washed my face and it cleard up! who knew?"

i have no sympathy for people that get a pimple out of poor hygiene... not because they are cursed with an uncurable skin disease

Acne commercials are brilliant, they're so poorly acted and vain it's laughable!

Typical Acne Commercial:

2 girls dancing around getting ready, one looks in the mirror.

Girl 1 : Zomgz! I've gone and got me a spot on me chin ain't I! I'll never be able to go to the Prom / Dance / Orgy, etc.

This spot is nothing more than a red pen that has been drawn onto a girl with skin like a babies arse.

Girl 2 : Lolz! Just use this!"

Product is shown, claims to break down pores and kick the shit out of acne before building new skin over the aforementioned spot in just a few days.

Shows girl washing her face and smiling as if she's having an orgasm

Montage follows through to the big night.

Girl 1 : Lolz, I don't have acne anymore!

Girl 2 : And look who's checking you out!

Shows a horde of young attractive men eye fucking Girl 1 from across the room, as if to say when you had acne you were disgusting, now that you've washed your face once and cleared it all (because that's how easy it is) you are moderately attractive.

Girl 1 : Tee Hee

Says Products name with stupid slogan afterwards "BLAST YOUR ACNE AWAY WITH ACNEAWAY!"

Show girl wanking off 2 guys whilst blowing another as the rest jerk off over her face *resembles acne product previously illustrated.

Actually i'm not sure if there is any commercial out there like this, I may have dreamt it. Would be a good idea though I think, maybe i'll direct and star in it; aslong as i'm not playing Girl 1.

Woman : Brb, going for a shit.

Woman smiles, her friends all laugh and give a thumbs up.

Simple, yet effective

I've never even heard of Senokot, but after this post, I'm pretty sure I have an idea.

Also, I loled.

When I saw the Murad commercial, I swear I was about to buy it.

Good thing my mom refused to get it; probaly would've been another """"proactiv""" investment.

Meaning a big F for failure.

Ha

But I totally know what you mean about the commercials. Every time one comes up, (thank god I watch tv alone so I've never had to deal with that whole awkwardness) I just say "YEAHHH RIGHT." and quickly switch the channel to anything. Anything other than that damn commercial.

Be thankful that you did not try Murad. My acne was barely existent. I watched the commercial, got my mother to buy a pack, and my face got 5x worse. Thankfully DKR got me out of that hole but I still have the scars from it.

I just hate the awkwardness that follows when those commercials come up and you're around someone else. lol

haha yeah man. I mean months ago we saw some commercial, and my friend was just immitating the people on there and Im just sitting there thinking like...wow if he knew what I had to do to try to keep acne in check it would amaze him