Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rubyred

Is this moderate or what?

Hi.

I want to ensure the level of my acne and I'm going to need some help from you I guess. :pray:

First my story in brief:

* I had mild acne when I was 15 - 18 or something. It was not extreme and was on my forehead, as usually happens.

* In time, my forehead acne gone but my cheeks started to produce acne more and more every year.

* I am 24 now. I have acne on my cheeks. Especially on the right side. Left side is okay and heals more quickly.

* My acne gains power during my periods.

I believe and maybe hope that my acne is at most can be considered as moderate since I don't have any body acne and I have it on my cheeks and chin only.

I have attached a picture below. So, do you agree with me? Could you please rate it or something?

Note: You can also see the dryness of my face due to Benzamycin. :( I am using Jojoba Oil. It's helpful but my face is still dry. Could anyone please advice something for that, too?

my derm says if u are capable of getting a cyst its moderate or worse..

i would rate that like moderate... i have the same but a bit less but i scratch and squeez a shitload more so it looks worse. theres ppl more severe and more mild

it looks like its capable of healing tho so thats an upside

Well I am sure that my skin was worse two weeks ago. So I feel like there is an improvement (I hope so). But it doesn't seem very good, I know. I just want all of them to go away. Thanks by the way. ;)

your skin looks a bit dry and flakey. Do you use a good moisture after washing your face? if your ph is a littlebit over/under normal, the acne might get better if you use something to "undry" it

Sorry for this disorderly post, but i wish you good luck fixing it, and i dont think it will take too long time for your skin to look very nice:)

For the last two weeks I only have been using Jojoba Oil to moisture my face. I know it seems very dry now. So do I have to use some other product besides Jojoba Oil or increase the amount of the Jojoba Oil I am using?

Note: Last night I used Baking Soda for a little scrub (because my face was peeling off). Today it felt better. I hope I am not doing something wrong. :think:

try just spot treating any active acne. for the last week i have just been tanning and spot treating any actives and they seem to disappear within 2 days. i kno everyone says that tanning is bad but nobody that lives and sees the sun everyday seems to have acne. it may be a short term fix but its the same as accutane(it will hold the acne off till u grow out of it ). By the way ive taken accutane 60mg for 6 months, cleared me for 2 years but its back and tannng is taking care of it. STOP TOPICALS, nobody was meant to have acne just wash twice a day with cetapil cleanser for normal to oily skin and moisturize with cetaphil moisturizer.

Thank you all. :wub: Now at least I am sure of one thing about my acne! :doubt:

to allblaxfan69, I am applying Benzamycin as a topical before going to bed. Not yet using Dan's BP. (In fact I ordered it but there is a problem in the customs :( but within this waiting period I have had doubts in using it. I don't know, I will consider when the package arrived)

and to jb20, I don't know if I can find Cetaphil in my country. I am reading that it is very good for sensitive skin and maybe consider ordering it. Thank you.

I think I'm gonna form a regular regimen for myself and make a log in the gallery or in a blog created in here to see whether there is any improvement or worsening. I hope everything goes well.

:rolleyes:

* I had mild acne when I was 15 - 18 or something. It was not extreme and was on my forehead, as usually happens.

* In time, my forehead acne gone but my cheeks started to produce acne more and more every year.

* I am 24 now. I have acne on my cheeks. Especially on the right side. Left side is okay and heals more quickly.

* My acne gains power during my periods.

cimg2069fs9.jpg

wow...that is exactly the same as me.....my forhead is clear now...and it's on my cheeks/chin and more on the right

Yes, definatly moderate.

Benzamycin and Dans regimen both rely primarily on benozyl peroxide to clear you.

The advantage of Benzamycin is that is also has an antibiotic in it. The advantage of Dan's is that is is @ 2.5 percent, so much milder on the skin (Benzamycin has 5 percent BP i believe).

Right now I would avoid baking soda, or exfoliation all together. Infact, focus on moisutirzing right now and go easy on the Benzamycin, work your way back up as your skin adjusts.

And if you get breakouts particularly around your cycle, perhaps you should research on birth control pills to control acne.

Hi again..

to Allikat:

This is interesting that we have almost the same story here. I believe that this is hormonal or something. :think:

and to _Morris_:

Thanks for the advice. I have a more organized regimen now, I mean I am not using this and that and then that and wait to see whether some of those are working and then switch to something else in a few days, but I am going to stick using the products (which are all natural except for benzamycin) that I believe to be nice to my face. I am feeling some improvement and I hope nothing goes wrong.

I do not use baking soda excessively. Just once in a week or something in order to remove the dead cells. But maybe it is better to stop.

Now my skin is not as dry as in the picture I posted.

We will see what is going to happen.

Oh and yes, I am gonna have some tests as soon as possible to see whether it is hormonal or not.

Thank you all again.

;)