Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d0nn13

Now what is this mess? Mild or moderate? [pics]

I'm new to the community, have been reading for a while and thought I'd drop a few lines to get some suggestions and ask things to others which I don't feel good about asking to people around me.

Alright, to summarize, I've had acne for 5 years and my face used to be like a potato farm but for like 6 months now my skin has started to get better since I started getting professional help from a dermatologist. However, the creams and cleansers I use was just not doing it for me anymore. I was getting a breakout once every 2-3 weeks anyways and some papules or pustules every now and then. My cheeks were the parts that used to be horrible and I never had acne on my forehead for some reason. Now my cheeks cleared but they are still red and bumpy. Also, I started using IQ Derma Clear Remedy and it has been 10 days now. It basically made my face worse by giving me a lot more whiteheads but I'm guessing it's an initial breakout. Still expecting it to go away.. I added some pics, this is the worst my face has been for like 3 months. Let me know how bad it is because my own view is really not objective. I just can't figure it out on my own. Since I've had it for so long, I'm actually thinking about starting on Accutane. I'm simply tired of it. I'm simply tired of taking care of my face 10 times better than anyone else around me yet I'm the one that suffers from acne still. It is destroying my self-confidence and I'm just sick of it. Also, if I start on Accutane, will it fix my scars too?

Current Pics with flash on (imagine a little more red):

hxxp://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0439bo3.jpg

hxxp://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0441uz9.jpg

hxxp://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0442ho2.jpg

My face 2 months ago under natural light, looks way clean but it's because it's just a photo. Looks worse in reality, or so I think (Me smiling like a retard):

hxxp://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0242at2.jpg

NOTE: can't seem to get URLs being shown, replace XX with TT and they should be good to go.

I can't see your pictures but have you tried Apple Cider Vinegar?? I suffered from mild/moderate acne for about 6 years... I've been drinking and applying Apple Cider Vinegar to my face for the past 4 weeks and I'm completley clear. This is the first time in 6 years I have been able to leave my house without make up... I just can't brag enough about this stuff....

I can't see your pictures but have you tried Apple Cider Vinegar?? I suffered from mild/moderate acne for about 6 years... I've been drinking and applying Apple Cider Vinegar to my face for the past 4 weeks and I'm completley clear. This is the first time in 6 years I have been able to leave my house without make up... I just can't brag enough about this stuff....

I didn't know linking wasn't enabled so they didn't show up, added them now.

Never tried Apple Cider Vinegar but heard about it. I do not know much about it but I'll read about it. Is it only for scars or does it help whiteheads and getting rid of acne bacteria in general too? Thanks.

Try urine. This is cheap, not expensive, cheap, and uh...it's probably there whenever you might need it. Just get a plastic cup and a cotton ball along with it, and you're ready to go! :cool:

Try urine. This is cheap, not expensive, cheap, and uh...it's probably there whenever you might need it. Just get a plastic cup and a cotton ball along with it, and you're ready to go! :cool:

Sorry but there is no way I'm putting urine on my face.

x2 this actually works. The urine contains toxins which kills of 90% of the bacteria p.acnes that causes acne.

worth a try if nothing else works. I mean it was in your body anyways, whats the big deal? Some people in extreme situations had to drink urine or else they died.

Wow people will try anything even their own urine.. what next rub feces on your face?!?!? everyone is a expert! LOL

You wouldnt catch me putting my own urine on my skin, i dont even want to touch it let alone put it on my face! wtf is wrong with you.

dude your skin is way to dry, you need to stop using harsh stuff like BP and acids on your face.. you are ruining yourself.

Hmm, what makes you think so? My skin is actually not that dry at all.

i'm adamant about organic skin care. BP and SA is just bad bad badbadbadbadbad. Even if they clear your skin, it usually isn't worth it in the long run because they age your skin.

apple cider vinegar works well, but personally, i can not stand the smell. it makes me nauseous.

i prefer to use essential oils like tea trea, lavender, and chamomile. they work really well, and smell nice :) they also help to heal your skin, unlike chemical products.

I don't know if IQ Derma Clear Remedy has BP in it but it has SA and I actually think that SA is not for my skin :/ I seem to break out badly every time I use a SA containing product.. Never tried ACV but I'm going to buy some tomorrow and try it.

The reason why i say your skin maybe dry is because your cheeks look tight and irritated, red looking like mine used to. Usually BP makes everyones skin dry, try using non-pore clogging moisturizer when you goto bed.. maybe the redness will go down and some of the bumps aswell.

I think IQ Derma Clear Remedy is causing a little dryness. I think I'm gonna stop using it anyways, it's not working. It has been 2 weeks now and almost no improvements. My good side of the face (right side) got a ton worse while my bad side (left side) got somehow better. I'm really confused. I'm debating with myself if I should give it more time or start using ACV. Any suggestions? Do you think 2 weeks is a long enough time period for a treatment to show some improvements?

Apple Cider Vinegar is great for acne... at least I think so along with many others on the site. I would definitley try that before using urine....

As for the comments about BP and SA I'd have to agree... I used SA for years and for the past 5 weeks i've been using nothing but a mild cleanser and my ACV... I drink it and i put it on my face. The smell and taste is a lot to handle at first, but it doesn't bother me even a little bit now... it's very cheap too... I get mine for 4 bucks at lowblaws and it lasts a month.. maybe a little less.

I'm not going to claim its a miracle, I have a small breakout right now, but I can say that nothing has ever worked better for me.. Any pimples I get are small and they go away quickly. the only thing about using ACV I have noticed is if you pick the scab will stay there a loonngg time. I picked a small pimple on my face which turned into a huge scab, which has been there for a good week and a half... I even load the polysporin on it. Its better now, its more of a red mark now, but none the less ACV is great for those too. I wouldnt say it does a whole lot for scarring... I have only mild scarring but I am noticing it more now that my pimples are gone. I guess there will always be something that makes us insecure but I'm learning to just be happy. I will do what I can and use what helps but I am not going to stress about it anymore. If I can't accept that my skin is less than perfect then I can't really expect others too either...

Try urine, how bad can it be?!

If it were to help my condition, IQ Derma Clear Remedy would clear my face up as well. The lotion has urea as an ingredient. And again, there is no way I'm putting urine on my face.

Try urine, how bad can it be?!

If it were to help my condition, IQ Derma Clear Remedy would clear my face up as well. The lotion has urea as an ingredient. And again, there is no way I'm putting urine on my face.

you are aware urea its processed urine? and alot of body and facial products use it as it kills most bacteria, acts as a form of clenser and a mositeriser...... its not the most hyginec thing to use straight from you though normaly this is beucase if your diet is very unhealthy so will your urine be.....

as for what suzy rondelle says bp can age your skin in the very long run but if your a guy this isnt as bad... as men tend to show age better than woman (not always true of coruse)... also teatree oil is nice to use on new spots but i cant stand the way it feels on my skin and its hard to hide the scent even with aftershave

like the others have said acv is very nice... even though its not the best taste or smell but after a few weeks the taste is something you get use to... remeber when you use it tropicaly not to wash it off just let your face dry naturaly as you need to let it soak into your skin naturaly and if you plan on using alot of it in the morning i hope you have a very good aftershave as it can take hours for the smell to fade sorta like using tcp on yourself (if they still make that stuff)

adamrodrigue urine has been used for around 300 years for facial uses so its far from something new (urea is at least 30 years old but the process has meant to have vastly improved over the last 10 years)

I started ACV yesterday, we'll see how it goes. However, I'm really losing my hope that anything simple will clear up my face anymore. Right now I'm at such a point that I'm sick of it so bad that unless it's getting better within a few days, I will try to get Accutane prescribed. But then again, people keep telling me that it's not that bad but it's completely destroying my self esteem and I see it bad. This is one of the reasons I opened this thread, I wanna know what people think about it. How bad do you think it is? What would you rate it out of 10?