Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaitlynanne

Never showed anyone my acne. Please let me know what you think.

The picture is kind of blurry, but it doesn't look bad at all to me. A few marks from old pimples healing or scars isn't a big deal--most people have them if you look closely-- and will go away eventually (even if it seems like it takes forever). I'd just keep up with proactive if it's working, and make sure you stay moisturized because winters in canada can be a biatch with dry skin.

good luck!

That is about the amount of acne that I had before I got on Accutane. I tried dozens of over the counter products and though neither of them cleared me up completely, Clearasil salisylic acid scrub and Tri-Clear were the two most effective for me.

You are very pretty BTW.

i dont get a lot of acne all at once but it just never seems to clear completely, and then they always leave behind marks which then looks like more acne.

omg im the exact same i swear! i dont get it alll at once but i take forever to heal and yes my red marks look like acne. im pretty sure its the benzoyl peroxide making my red marks last, ive done experiments, when i dont use it i have more breakouts but redmarks heal way faster. but i have yet to find anything that works as well as BP for preventing and treating acne...so its kinda double edge sword. anyway im going to a dermatologist for the first time nxt week. so if proactiv doesnt work why dont u make an appt with a derm?

i agree with everyone else, ur very pretty :wub:

1st. yea proactive has BP in the lotion..and cleanser? i believe

2nd. accutane shouldnt break u out tooo bad if u do like 10 mg a day for the first month (ease urself into it)

3rd. yep thats just hyperpigmentation not scars dont worry they will fade :)

it doesn't look bad. red marks are really frustrating, I totally sympathize. How long have you been using proactiv and what did you try before? Have you tried any diet changes? I don't know if it helps or not, but I drink lemon water (1/4 lemon's juice in warm water with a tspn. honey). It's best to drink it first thing in the morning before eating, and through a straw since the lemon isn't good for your teeth. Go to the treatment reviews section on this site and type in lemon, it seems to help a lot of people. honey is an antibacterial and antifungal, lemon is alkalizing.

For the red marks, it will take some time, even after you stop breaking out. proactiv's toner has glycolic acid in it which should help (if you switch to other products, you might want to try to find something with an AHA in it). I'm going to try a series of at home lactic acid peels for mine, but I don't know if that's a good idea for someone with active acne, may help, may make things worse. good luck!

You are so pretty! I am nervous to post my pictures on here too. If you want to fade red marks, you should try olive oil. I applied it over the last 3 days and it really helps with redness/inflammation.

yeh bio oil helps!!! iv got loadsa red marks but mostly on my cheeks ( looks like i have constant red cheeks all the time!!) yeh basically i use bp to spot treat and then apply bio oil!!! works very well keeping my skin moisturized whilst reducing the red marks. The red marks will fade in time but bio oil does speed it up and evens out ur skin tone. dont expect dramatic results too soon tho but ithink u should give it a try!

and btw your a pretty girl!!!

all the best !!

you do indeed look pretty cute, but we need to see a new pic. 1) better quality 2) bigger smile.. like the avatar!

good luck though, I'm not sure how much proactive differs from the regimin.. how much % of BP is in proactive's stuff?

hey! so i just wanted to tell u ive been taking like 4-5 vitamin C pills per day all throughout the day (dont take em all at once cause ull just pee them out lol) and my red marks are healing much faster! its exciting :D. also i use dans aha every couple of days to slough off dead skin.

oh so update on my derm appt...i just got clindamycin lotion. its working well to keep my inflammed zits to a minumim (only 2 right now!) but i still have red marks and comedonal acne so she said next time i come back in march if im still having problems shell give me retin A!

Coming from a guy your age (I'm 20), I think you're really attractive/pretty. I'd say your acne is mild at worst, and it's not really distracting from your good looks. I wouldn't really worry about it.

In all seriousness, I think you should try:

1) Dan's regime - order the products now. I've used BP myself for ages and its always helped me out.

2) Contact your derm and get put on roaccutane. The side effects are tolerable, and you will be happier when it starts to clear up.

Cheers

good i hope the regimen works for u! dont listen to the people saying accutane....ur acne is NOT bad enough for it at all, i dunno why ppl are saying that u should ask for it...considering u said u didnt want it, even if u did get it i think low dose would be enuf....but anyway. haha good luck with the regimen, when i did it, i had an initial breakout, so u might get that but maybe not. good luck again!!!

good i hope the regimen works for u! dont listen to the people saying accutane....ur acne is NOT bad enough for it at all, i dunno why ppl are saying that u should ask for it...considering u said u didnt want it, even if u did get it i think low dose would be enuf....but anyway. haha good luck with the regimen, when i did it, i had an initial breakout, so u might get that but maybe not. good luck again!!!

I have personally found a 20mg dose (which is really the lowest dose as far as I know) has worked well for me - I have been on a previous full course however.

I have pretty much zero side effects and am staying 99.99% clear.

In all seriousness, I think you should try:

1) Dan's regime - order the products now. I've used BP myself for ages and its always helped me out.

2) Contact your derm and get put on roaccutane. The side effects are tolerable, and you will be happier when it starts to clear up.

Cheers

Accutane seems a bit much for her honestly.

But seriously, you are the kind of person who I would notice was extremely beautiful before I noticed your acne.

thanks everyone for you comments and sweet words.

i have actually tried bio-oil for a few months and havn't seen any results i felt werid rubbing oil on my face haha.

im pretty sure the pro active bp is 2.5% aswell.

hey took me a while to reply to this cos i didnt know it comes up on my homepage!! lol sorry im new to this.

Bio oil worked wonders for me ( well lightened all mymarks) .....tip to do is have a warm /hot shower and pat dry. Your skin is now soft and from the heat (doesnt have to be really dry) and then immediately apply bio oil ! Itll absorb more when you do this!!! then i normall go sleep and wake up with softer skin!!

btw your 20 too! so am I!! :D

all the best

i have thought abot accutane.

but im a little scared after reading that it can leave you with long term side effects.

if i was going to do it i would do it soon before the summer.

but i dont know, im still chicken lol

I've been on a high dosage of it (80mg) and come off it, and then come back on at a maintenance dose 2 years later.

The maintenance dose I dont even notice any side effects (20mg).

The higher dosage however did have the side effects (dry skin, chapped lips, back pain at times, depression).

The only side effect I can think of that I had after being off accutane for a year, is that I still had dry skin (on the face) at times - just a single application of moisturiser in the morning is enough for the entire day though, unlike 1-3x a day needed while I was on accutane.

I know a few of my friends that also went on accutane, some didn't get really any side effects at a low dose while they were on it and became clear.

It's definitely an option to consider. You may want to wait a few days, if you check 'My blog' at the top (Dans blog) Dan mentions he is working on some accutane research web pages that should be up any day now which should definitely be interesting.

I just want to be the 100th person to say... you are freakin gorgeous!

Why is it always the most attractive people think they have appearance issues...