Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm off accutane, after 3 weeks. my parents flushed them down the toilet because i got grounded. no need to ask any questions. it besides the point.

but how long should i wait to start taking vitamin A? it's been 5 days since my last pill. i heard Vitamin A works pretty well. and it is the main ingredient in tane.

Broseph, I can tell you from expirience you don't really want to eff with vitamins, and tamper with their apparent benefits by od'ing on 'em. Trust me, just take a multivitamin daily, and maybe some omega-3 pills, don't od on vitamins intentionally......ever. Espescially vitamin a.

However, if you are looking for treatment similar to accutane, look into the pantothetic acid plan (Vitamin b5), which totally contradicts what I wrote above, but some people are desperate, I know.

It require a lot of money, which I assume you have, being your parents flushed hundreds of dollars down the toilet, literally. Always respect the power of nature, vitamins are her chemicals.

Do not mega-dose vitamin A. You can get vitamin A poisoning, which I got over the summer from unwittingly taking large amounts of it on a regular basis. Unless you'd enjoy a couple weeks of puking your guts out accompanied by blurred vision and loss of muscle control, it will not be fun for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

Broseph, I can tell you from expirience you don't really want to eff with vitamins, and tamper with their apparent benefits by od'ing on 'em. Trust me, just take a multivitamin daily, and maybe some omega-3 pills, don't od on vitamins intentionally......ever. Espescially vitamin a.

However, if you are looking for treatment similar to accutane, look into the pantothetic acid plan (Vitamin b5), which totally contradicts what I wrote above, but some people are desperate, I know.

It require a lot of money, which I assume you have, being your parents flushed hundreds of dollars down the toilet, literally. Always respect the power of nature, vitamins are her chemicals.

thanks for the info. no, my parents are just psychotic haha. well would you consider taking a Vitamin A(5000 I.U.) & D(400 I.U.) pill a night overdosing? with that amount, it says on the supplement facts that 1 softgel has 100% daily value for both vitamins.

and about the B5, i have super B-complex pills. it has:

Amount per Tablet/ Daily Value

Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) 5mg/ 50%

Vitamin C 150 mg/ 250%

Vitamin B1 100mg/ 6667%

Vitamin B2 20 mg/ 1176%

Vitamin B3 25 mg/ 125%

Vitamin B6 2 mg/ 100%

Folic Acid 400 mg/ 100%

Vitamin B12 15 mg/ 250%

Biotin 3.8 mcg/ 1%

Liver Powder 100 mg

Brewer's yeast 100 mg

thanks for the info. no, my parents are just psychotic haha. well would you consider taking a Vitamin A(5000 I.U.) & D(400 I.U.) pill a night overdosing? with that amount, it says on the supplement facts that 1 softgel has 100% daily value for both vitamins.

and about the B5, i have super B-complex pills. it has:

Amount per Tablet/ Daily Value

Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) 5mg/ 50%

Vitamin C 150 mg/ 250%

Vitamin B1 100mg/ 6667%

Vitamin B2 20 mg/ 1176%

Vitamin B3 25 mg/ 125%

Vitamin B6 2 mg/ 100%

Folic Acid 400 mg/ 100%

Vitamin B12 15 mg/ 250%

Biotin 3.8 mcg/ 1%

Liver Powder 100 mg

Brewer's yeast 100 mg

Only, ONLY supplement Vitamin A if it comes from a natural source. There's not enough evidence backing up the safety of synthetic Vitamin A. I highly recommend getting a reputable brand of cod liver oil to cover Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and omega-3s.

B5 will only help you if you take it massive overdoses, far more than what you get from a B Complex.

Do not mega-dose vitamin A. You can get vitamin A poisoning, which I got over the summer from unwittingly taking large amounts of it on a regular basis. Unless you'd enjoy a couple weeks of puking your guts out accompanied by blurred vision and loss of muscle control, it will not be fun for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A

Violet how much vitamin a did you take to get poising? I have been taking 50000 iu of emulsified vitamin a for a year now with no side effect. Also, which brand did you use?

BAD EFFING IDEA.

your liver will thank you for not taking high doses of vitamin A.

I have had my liver checked and everything is fine.

BAD EFFING IDEA.

Just because it's fine now, doesn't mean it won't do you damage in the long run.

don't be stupid. it's just not safe or healthy.

BAD EFFING IDEA.

Just because it's fine now, doesn't mean it won't do you damage in the long run.

Do you know what emulsified vitamin a is? Also my original question was not addressed to you thank you for you input.

BAD EFFING IDEA.

Do you know what emulsified vitamin a is? Also my original question was not addressed to you thank you for you input.

O RLY?

because i'm pretty sure you were asking for advice in a public forum.

have fun with your vitamin poisoning.

if you get your vitamin a in the form of beta carotene you can OD on it all you want. the only bad thing about too much beta carotene is that you'll start to turn orange. so check your vitamin to see if its from beta carotene and eat yo veggies

if you get your vitamin a in the form of beta carotene you can OD on it all you want. the only bad thing about too much beta carotene is that you'll start to turn orange. so check your vitamin to see if its from beta carotene and eat yo veggies

thank you for the info on vitamin a.

That is a shitty thing for your parents to do! WTF is wrong with them?

It's probably not even safe to flush that shit down the toilet. Now there's probably small amounts of accutane in your town's water supply or something. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm about to try doing a regimen with b5.

I've heard that it's the only thing that compares to accutane without as many side effects. Just make sure that if you try it that you take a b-complex and a biotin supplement with it so that it will work better and cut back on the few side effects, such as thinning hair.

Here check out all the facts on this website:

Vitamin B5 for Acne

It's probably not even safe to flush that shit down the toilet. Now there's probably small amounts of accutane in your town's water supply or something. :rolleyes:

I've heard that it's the only thing that compares to accutane without as many side effects. Just make sure that if you try it that you take a b-complex and a biotin supplement with it so that it will work better and cut back on the few side effects, such as thinning hair.

Vitamin B5 for Acne

you are awesome! i think my skin/situation might be similar to yours. check my other posts. i feel you. I will definitely check out the B5 supplement. I already have a B-complex pill with biotin and B5 in it (see above). I also heard/am trying vitamin a because it is the main ingrediant in accutane. Check out my other posts up the page in response to JFerreira23.

But my parents are crazy, don't worry. But it goes to our septic tank, no worry about the city. thanks for the concern.

Vitamin B5 for Acne

"facts"