Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doesnt_matter

Question about insurance.

Please, please, tell me what kind of insurance do I need for accutane, I'm 17 atm, so I can't really buy insurance, so I'll need my dad/mom insured too, even though they don't need it.

I've been browsing internet for the last 1-2hours or so, and I seriously have no idea what do I have to have in my insurance. Please help me :surprised:

Here's an example of what I mean, this insurance is for me & my mom. "Assure choice" is ~68 pounds per month, and "Ideal choice" is ~103 pounds per month.

Thanks !!!

post-88883-1229481666_thumb.png

post-88883-1229481666_thumb.png

I honestly have no idea. I'm sorry, I really wish I could be more helpful, but I get my insurance through the company I work for so I don't really have to deal with it, they just take like $40 out of each paycheck and I'm good. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to give you a little more guidance.

I honestly have no idea. I'm sorry, I really wish I could be more helpful, but I get my insurance through the company I work for so I don't really have to deal with it, they just take like $40 out of each paycheck and I'm good. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to give you a little more guidance.

Thanks !! :) At least you replied lol, unlike some people, they read the thread, and then leave, but when they need help... :whistle:

:surprised:

hey doesnt_matter! since you're using the currency of pounds, im taking a shot in the dark that you're in europe? yeah?

i've heard that some people on acne.org get covered by the NHS. i'm not sure if you have it in your country. i'm assuming that you don't or you need to get it quickly. as for guidance, here in the states, most children are covered by the govt and most adults are covered by their parents. so needless to say, american teenagers and young adults know VERY little about insurance coverage.

from the assure option, it looks good. however, idk if insurance will cover you since you will start making claims immediately for a preexisting condition. i would give an insurance broker a call and see what the deal is. that looks like your best outlet

good luck!

hey doesnt_matter! since you're using the currency of pounds, im taking a shot in the dark that you're in europe? yeah?

i've heard that some people on acne.org get covered by the NHS. i'm not sure if you have it in your country. i'm assuming that you don't or you need to get it quickly. as for guidance, here in the states, most children are covered by the govt and most adults are covered by their parents. so needless to say, american teenagers and young adults know VERY little about insurance coverage.

from the assure option, it looks good. however, idk if insurance will cover you since you will start making claims immediately for a preexisting condition. i would give an insurance broker a call and see what the deal is. that looks like your best outlet

good luck!

Hey, a nice reply at last :clap:

I've been at dermatologist 2days ago, and he prescribed "Oxytetracycline 250mg tablets" and Retin-A gel, and he said that I should try it for around 2months, cause it takes 6-8weeks to see effects.... So yeah, he said if that won't work, he'll send me to another "better" dermatologist which should prescribe accutane for me, so I guess I'll see later how it goes...

BTW, all the medicine was free, and I'm 17 atm.

(Oh and, I live in London atm :))