Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimmyjammy

Fighting the early signs of a spot

Im sure we’ve all been in the situation when you look in the mirror and you can see the very earliest signs of a new spot forming and you can feel that tingly sensation on the area around it. In my experience I know that no matter what I do that spot will erupt, but I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to reduce the severity of a spot whilst its in this early stage??

It's really hard to say, because I get different kinds and some things work better than others.

If I think it's going to come to a head I use ACV topically and Neutrogena on the spot, maybe some BP at night.

If I think its not I use on the spot and LEAVE IT. My experience is that the more you put on these the bigger they're gonna get

Im sure we’ve all been in the situation when you look in the mirror and you can see the very earliest signs of a new spot forming and you can feel that tingly sensation on the area around it. In my experience I know that no matter what I do that spot will erupt, but I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best way to reduce the severity of a spot whilst its in this early stage??

Yes, the feeling is known all too well. I usually use a glycolic cleanser and toner on the spot, then cover it thickly with BP. It does help it. I also will sometimes put on a mud mask. Both methods do reduce the severity of it. Best of luck.

BP the hell out of it, that's what I do. If for some reason BP isn't available, I try to put a light cover of Neosporin on it.

thanks for the advice guys, just wish there was some way to stop the bloody spot completely before it unleashes hell upon my face. :doh: I guess the best stratagey is damage control.