Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
infinity9

Interchanging Regimen Products

I am wondering if the regimen products can be interchanged for a different one. I am looking at the basis bar, on the spot neutrogena and olay moisturizer.

The neutrogena on the spot is rated a 3.5 and thats the best one that is recommended?

Rigth now I am using a regular dove bar, proactive gel, and a Vaseline® Intensive Rescue™ Moisture Locking Lotion till I get money to buy the regimen store products.

Also why is the search function for the reviews so bad? I cant search by 5 stars or 4 stars at all, I try to put in a keyword but it does not work.

There are many products on our "recommended products" list you can choose from. Neutrogena on-the-spot will work, and I think it mostly gets poorer ratings because of the fact that it's so tiny thus ends up costing a lot, and it's white and doesn't dry clear. But otherwise I've used it and it does work if you use it as Dan suggests.

If you like Dove bar, and Proactiv repairing gel, and your moisturizer is working for you, then you can certainly keep using them and see how that goes. But Dan's products were designed to be used especially with the Regimen, and many people do prefer them to over the counter options.

As for the search function, I have no idea. Maybe make a post about it in the Announcements section and one of the Admins. will see it.