Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinn

Nightmare before Christmas! - PIC STEP BY STEP

Okay so heres my story.. I have alwsays had good skin with occasional pimples and saw this site and decided to use BP on a few little pimples.

--------------------- Heres what it looked like before the BP---------------------------

241she1.jpg

------ Then I put on some BP and spread it all over.. This is what happened!!-------

swsdmr.jpg

now what should I do.. I will do whatever the most of you agree on. Im thinking I should pop all the zits with whiteheads on them, and cover them in aloe vera. should I put BP on them after they have poped. Should I keep squeezing untill blood comes out? Salt water? Lemon? ACV? Safeway Honey? You guys tell me!

I will keep log of pictures with the results.

Its 2:pm here should I do something now? or wait untill tonight?

Peacce and Love acne.org

hmm... i don't know why that would've happened. Check over these links first:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

if you've been consistently doing everything right (and I do mean EVERYTHING because even one little deviation from the regimen can give you less than perfect results) then i guess i'd suggest popping the white zits with a hot towel by simply passing over it. When you squeeze a zit, it forces some of the puss out while a lot more simply goes deeper into your skin.

good luck, i hope it was just a little mistake on your part.

Don't pop them at all.. Just start the regimen as it tells you too and let the bp dry the whiteheads. I have like 5. Red lumps I can easily pop but its just going to spread bacteria and make it worse. I know how you feel. I have to go to work and look like this but I've learned that pimples are just imperfections that will go away with time and patience. Leave your skin alone and start the regimen. It might get worse before getting better but in the end you will be glad you waited. I'm SLOWLY clearing but again I am impatient and frustrated. Think about how worse you will make your skin if you touch it and ball up your hands. Its just an urge to do something..I tried thatand my urge went away.. So try to be patient and if you have to pop try watching the video on how to do it properly. I hope that helps a little..keep ur head up

Don't pop them at all.. Just start the regimen as it tells you too and let the bp dry the whiteheads. I have like 5. Red lumps I can easily pop but its just going to spread bacteria and make it worse. I know how you feel. I have to go to work and look like this but I've learned that pimples are just imperfections that will go away with time and patience. Leave your skin alone and start the regimen. It might get worse before getting better but in the end you will be glad you waited. I'm SLOWLY clearing but again I am impatient and frustrated. Think about how worse you will make your skin if you touch it and ball up your hands. Its just an urge to do something..I tried thatand my urge went away.. So try to be patient and if you have to pop try watching the video on how to do it properly. I hope that helps a little..keep ur head up

I agree. if you can live with it, leave it alone, but if it'll ALWAYS be on your mind and causing you lots of stress, than pop them. The stress you will be saving yourself is worth it.

and pop them properly as well^

If BP does that to you, just stop using it. Since those pimples are mostly due to irritation from BP, once you stop they should clear up in a matter of days and you wont have to worry about that again. Just STOP using BP, RIGHT NOW.

I actually recommend using a sharp, sterilized needle, gently prick the tops of the white heads and gently drain the pus. I certainly would not just let them sit there with the infection still swelling up inside! Make sure to apply a warm compress to the area first to soften the skin and draw the infection out and make sure your hands are clean.

I've found from personal experience that if I just let a white head sit on my face, it takes FOREVER to go away. I used to never 'pop' any zits I had and they sat on my face for weeks before disappearing and leaving red marks. However, once I learned the proper way to do such, I noticed a remarkable difference in the duration of the zits. I did an experiment once. I had two white heads (lucky me) one on each cheek. They were pretty equal. I left one alone and gently drained the other so I wouldn't cause more bacteria to be pushed into my skin. I applied lemon juice to both of them (less irritating than BP-which can irritate skin, dry it out and cause more acne, which it did to me) and continued using my homemade oatmeal face wash each day. In about 4 days, the one I drained was nothing more than a tiny red mark. The one I didn't drain was still sore and the whitehead had just barely begun to fade. When it hit 2 weeks and the damn thing was still on my face, (though smaller) I went ahead and drained it too and kept with my regimen. It was gone within 2 days. Oh and the one I originally drained had no new acne forming around it either.

My advice: Stop with the chemicals on your skin. They strip it of natural oils and may contain carcinogenic ingredients that can make your skin worse. After I finally stopped using BP, my skin quit drying out and cleared up a great deal. Check out the link in my signature for natural remedies that work wonders for acne without the harshness of chemicals but yield the same and even better results.

DUDE! i had the same crap happen to me only on a much milder level.. after i stopped BP i was incredibly dry like i was wearing a mask, and then in the dry areas of the chin i got these ugly white sebum bumps !! dude, trash that BP stuff, i did about 2 days ago.. i know what you are going thru man (hugs) you are not alone my freind.

dont pop them bro, youll scar your face

Yes, pop all the whiteheads. Do it gently and be very very careful not to spread the infection. They will "ooze" for a while once you've popped them--make sure you take care to dab away at this lovely pus/blood mixture so it doesn't seep into the surrounding pores.

Above all: DO NOT STOP THE REGIMEN. An initial breakout is quite normal. In fact, my skin went through this when I started using BP, though I didn't have quite so many whiteheads as you. Now I have no pimples and I am so happy I didn't give up. Just because there are people on here recommending you stop the regimen, that it didn't work for them, does not mean it won't work for you. You have to give it an honest shot (ie, stick with it for several weeks) before you will know if it does/does not work for you.

Ok I've been getting similar bumps; and I was under the impression that it's just a phase and it's just doing its job to clean out the pores...

so now you guys are saying it's abnormal and that shouldn't be happening?... I shared this problem on 2 separate posts and ppl keep telling me, including Dan: "Keep trying. Give it some more time." Now I don't know what to believe. I don't even know if I should keep going b/c I always had decent skin until recently I had some white heads on my forehead and then started to get mild acne. Did the BP thing and now my whole face is screwed up like that

Yes, pop all the whiteheads. Do it gently and be very very careful not to spread the infection. They will "ooze" for a while once you've popped them--make sure you take care to dab away at this lovely pus/blood mixture so it doesn't seep into the surrounding pores.

Above all: DO NOT STOP THE REGIMEN. An initial breakout is quite normal. In fact, my skin went through this when I started using BP, though I didn't have quite so many whiteheads as you. Now I have no pimples and I am so happy I didn't give up. Just because there are people on here recommending you stop the regimen, that it didn't work for them, does not mean it won't work for you. You have to give it an honest shot (ie, stick with it for several weeks) before you will know if it does/does not work for you.

As hard as it might be, I wouldn't pop them unless you are going to CAREFULLY do it just to drain them.

Though I know how hard it is, anytime I get even the smallest white head anywhere I can't resist. Luckily I've been clear lately, so I don't have to worry about that.

^hence my catchphrase is "BP IS EVIL", im just glad i was only using it for 4 days!

I agree with you completely. I'm finally off it and I can't wait till my skin calms down. I went from very very mild acne..like literally 4 tiny whiteheads on my forehead, to an entire face of clustered acne. Thanks to the regimen.

My derm looked at my skin and shook her head. She couldn't believe I did that to myself. And a quick note to those ppl who are ready to point me to links such as: "biggest mistakes".. don't bother. I followed to the tee and believe me; the regimen is not a bible. I dont' doubt that it might work for some ppl with really tough skin and lots of acne to kill. But for me; I had the worst experience of my life.

I regret being so naive and believing something I read on a website. Put peroxide on your face; but do it gently; and gradually kick it up a notch e/week.. LOL as if that would really minimize the damage from putting A PEROXIDE ON YOUR FACE. Think about it people

And to the boy who started this thread, I had a similar problem as you at first and then it just escalated. It started turning into much bigger pustules and then cysts. Don't do it.