Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've heard a lot about this but was just wondering what are the benefits. I have facial redness accompanied by small bumps under the eye area and forehead with blackheads on my nose. Would this ACV be beneficial to me in this case and if so what are the directions in taking it?

You will never know until you try it, Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar cured my acne in 2 weeks and it gives me more than 20 benefits for my entire body I'm drinking it every day to have a stronger, healthier, longer life.

I use Spectrum Organic ACV and it's every bit as good and cheaper than Braggs.

If you want to take it internally, it really depends on you. Do you have a weak stomach? Then I suggest starting off slow because this stuff is probably one of the most god awful things to drink plain. I used to take a 16oz cup and add a cap-full to it, a few times a day. It's more tolerable that way and it won't burn the crap out of your esophagus. I don't recommend taking it without diluting it, because it is acidic and can burn your esophagus, stomach and such. Not good.

If you can stomach it, you can try taking a couple of tablespoons a day and mixing it with a smaller amount of water. I'd also suggest drinking it with a straw because if that stuff gets on your teeth, it can damage your enamel.

You can drink it however you can tolerate it really. You can drink it with water or some other beverage a few times a day in small doses or you could take it in larger doses less often, or in medium doses a couple of times. Either way, this stuff is nasty to most people, so brace yourself!

If you want to use it topically, dilute it! Use 1 part ACV and 8 parts water. Then, apply it directly to your face at night and leave it on. Increase the parts of ACV as your skin adjusts. But this is scary too. It REALLY wreaks and as you use more ACV and less water, the fumes will start to burn your eyes and will be hard to inhale for a few seconds. Well, the burning of the eyes lasts for a few minutes unless you keep your eyes shut.

I have sensitive skin, so I don't use ACV everyday and I wouldn't recommend doing such because it kind of works as a very mild chemical peel. Lemon juice works wonders as well and doesn't burn as much-though it stings for the first few seconds.

As far as other health benefits of ACV:

Benefits of ACV

* Reduce sinus infections and sore throats

* Balance high cholesterol

* Cure skin conditions such as acne

* Protect against food poisoning

* Fight allergies in both humans and animals

* Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise

* Strengthen the immune system

* Increase stamina

* Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss

* Improve digestion and cure constipation

* Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout

* Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections

I've tried both Spectrum and Bragg's, and i just feel better with Bragg's. Bragg's - there's no substitute. It's not even that expensive anyway.

Yeah Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the best in the market HANDS DOWN you get what you pay, you can get it at GNC for $5 for a 32oz its worth every penny.

Spectrum is a very well noted organic name brand product. It's about $1 cheaper so it's not some cheap generic brand. It works just as good as Braggs-there isn't really a difference at all.

Both are organic. Both are unpasteurized and unfiltered. Both have the 'mother' and both are 5% acidity. Why pay a buck more when you can get practically the same thing for a little less?

I've tried both Braggs and Spectrum and quite frankly, the effectiveness was the same.

Spectrum is a very well noted organic name brand product. It's about $1 cheaper so it's not some cheap generic brand. It works just as good as Braggs-there isn't really a difference at all.

Interesting. Bragg's is actually less expensive where I live.

At my local Whole Foods:

Spectrum ACV - $2.69 / 16 oz.

Braggs ACV - $2.53 / 16 oz.

365 ACV - $2.27 / 16 oz.

And as you say, there's hardly a bit of difference between any of them. Just get the cheapest one and go; but make sure that it's unpasteurized.

Interesting. Bragg's is actually less expensive where I live.

At my local Whole Foods:

Spectrum ACV - $2.69 / 16 oz.

Braggs ACV - $2.53 / 16 oz.

365 ACV - $2.27 / 16 oz.

And as you say, there's hardly a bit of difference between any of them. Just get the cheapest one and go; but make sure that it's unpasteurized.

Where do you live? I wanna move there!

Where I live, Braggs is about $4.79 and Spectrum is about $3.29