Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kypop

Steroid 60mg/day?

My derm. prescribed the steroid pills(MP52) 10mg that I must eat 6 tablets/day. It's very short term. I have plan to eat it, just 5 days. Is that ok to eat that steroid pills 60mg/ day, just 5 days?

Steroids should be tapered, not only that 60mg is a huge dose.

Something like 30,30,20,20,10, would be far better. Even then i think 20 mg would be the max dose you would get, especially in conjunction with other treatments.

You supposedly don't get adrenal supression from anything under 7 days of steroids, but i still think it is standard practice to taper the dose.

I think you have made this dose up and your derm didn't give you it atall. Steroids should be tapered, not only that 60mg is a huge dose.

Something like 30,30,20,20,10, would be far better. Even then i think 20 mg would be the max dose you would get, especially in conjunction with accutane.

You supposedly don't get adrenal supression from anything under 7 days of steroids, but i still think it is standard practice to taper the dose.

Are you sure? My derm just gave it to me. MP52 is the steroid pill, right? Derm. just said that I have to eat that steroid 60mg/day until 5days after.

Yeah im guessing the MP is methylprednisolone. Dosing may be different with methylprednisolone i am not sure of its potency in comparison with prednisone. 60mg is still probably on the high side...

Just did a search...are you sure you have 10mg tablets?

Yes, I'm pretty sure. It's because, the label of the medicine bottle says, it's mp52 10mg.