Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natashaaaa

Please Help Me, I Dont know what to do.

Sorry to bother everyone but I don't know what to do. I use to have really mild acne but was stupid and tried duac gel which contains benzoyl peroxide. I used it for a month and then just stopped. And for the last 2 months my skin has been breaking out like crazy in places I never broke out. Every day for the last week I've been crying because im so embarrassed, I feel like I ruined my skin. Now im just using cetaphil to was my face because I heard that if you are gentle with your skin after benzoyl peroxide EVENTUALLY it will heal. I went to the derm today and as usual they were prescribing tons of creams and antibiotics, I got a prescription but I doubt ill use it. I dont know if I should use the Cetaphil and wait it out, or just try more things. Can someone help me from experience or anything. Thank you soo much!

Sorry to bother everyone but I don't know what to do. I use to have really mild acne but was stupid and tried duac gel which contains benzoyl peroxide. I used it for a month and then just stopped. And for the last 2 months my skin has been breaking out like crazy in places I never broke out. Every day for the last week I've been crying because im so embarrassed, I feel like I ruined my skin. Now im just using cetaphil to was my face because I heard that if you are gentle with your skin after benzoyl peroxide EVENTUALLY it will heal. I went to the derm today and as usual they were prescribing tons of creams and antibiotics, I got a prescription but I doubt ill use it. I dont know if I should use the Cetaphil and wait it out, or just try more things. Can someone help me from experience or anything. Thank you soo much!

Have you tried dan's regimen? If it seemed like benzoyl peroxide was helping even a little, his regimen might help you out so much! Look into it... it is 10 times better than anything the derm will give you.

If you need any emotional support just pm me and ill help you out.. ok?

gio

sometimes less is more. pick a couple of products and stick with them... dont use 100 different products at a time (ive made this mistake). what did the derm give you? PLEASE dont say retin-a or differin! those are the worst products i have ever tried. I think you should try the cetaphil, and a light oil free moisturizer for a while and see what happens. i thought that once i stopped using BP or salacylic acid that my skin would breakout even worse... but it has actually gotten better! try the antibiotics and see if thet help you. but maybe try to be less harsh with the topicals?

dude retin-a mixed with antibiotics works. that stuff cleared me up last year and I was clear for about a year and I had acne for like 2 years prior to that. But I been breaking out hella so now I am on accutane. I dunno. I think retin-a works but not for everyone.

If you have sensitive skin or your skin is irritated from using different products, you should try washing with only water for a while. I noticed a big difference in irritation and inflammation when I switched from using products to using just water. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

less is more .

the less chemicals you put on your skin, the faster your skin will heal.

i used so many products before thinking it would help, but never understood why my skin was always so irritated. But when I stopped and started being very gentle with my skin .. using few products .. my skin healed and cleared up. also.. i don't know if this has much to do with it, but once i started thinking positive about my skin.. and having hope that it would soon be smooth and soft .. it seemed like that helped relieve the stress.. i was happier and it seemed like my body reacted to that and my skin also stayed clearer while i was in a good positive mood. like, if i woke up with a new pimple .. i'd just say itll be gone soon, and go about my day.. it seemed like it went away way quicker than when i zoomed in on it.. focused on it .. bought more products to try to kill it .. constantly thought about it.. etc

OHHH my gosh. Well, I have had several things bring it down to like 0-3 zits on my face a week:

Mario Badescu Acne Control Kit (www.mariobadescu.com)

Mario Badescu Collagen OR Oil-Free Moisturizer (SPF-15) (www.mariobadescu.com)

Doxycycline (prescribed by family doctor)

Acne.Org Treatment (www.danielkern.com)

Mario Badescu drastically improved my skin. I'll insert before and after pictures using only Mario Badescu.post-95193-1233871585_thumb.jpg=after, post-95193-1233871640_thumb.jpg=before. Much better, right?!

However, I found that Mario Badescu wasn't preventing the acne well enough so I tried the Acne.org Treatment instead of the Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum with salicylic acid. It's been less than a week, so I can't give you any results, but I think it will get a lot better.

Doxycycline has reduced a lot of the oil on my face already, but again, it's been under a week, and the only real improvement of new breakouts is on my back (severe) and chest (light).

Good luck!(:

post-95193-1233871585_thumb.jpg

post-95193-1233871640_thumb.jpg

OHHH my gosh. Well, I have had several things bring it down to like 0-3 zits on my face a week:

Mario Badescu Acne Control Kit (www.mariobadescu.com)

Mario Badescu Collagen OR Oil-Free Moisturizer (SPF-15) (www.mariobadescu.com)

Doxycycline (prescribed by family doctor)

Acne.Org Treatment (www.danielkern.com)

Mario Badescu drastically improved my skin. I'll insert before and after pictures using only Mario Badescu.post-95193-1233871585_thumb.jpg=after, post-95193-1233871640_thumb.jpg=before. Much better, right?!

However, I found that Mario Badescu wasn't preventing the acne well enough so I tried the Acne.org Treatment instead of the Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum with salicylic acid. It's been less than a week, so I can't give you any results, but I think it will get a lot better.

Doxycycline has reduced a lot of the oil on my face already, but again, it's been under a week, and the only real improvement of new breakouts is on my back (severe) and chest (light).

Good luck!(:

WOW, girllll you got some results, haha

how long were you using the Mario Badescu to get such great results?

oh i've been using mario badescu for about three months. yeah, it will be three months pretty soon. and i just started using new mario badescu cleanser+toner you guys might want to try! i already love them! the enzyme cleansing gel and the seaweed cleansing lotion. my skin is so soft and smoooth. and both will help with acne! i don't know why THESE aren't in the acne control kit! but yeah, i think i'll get better results with these!