Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WGOTTI

ACCUTANE, CAN U BE ON IT TWICE IN YOUR LIFE?

SO I WAS ON ACCUTANE WHEN I WAS 18 AND IT WAS WONDERFUL IT REALLY WAS A MIRACLE PILL AND FOR THE LONGEST TIME I HAVNT HAD OILY SKIN, HOWEVER IM 24 NOW AND IT SEEMS TO SLOWLY BE COMING BACK WHICH WORRIES ME AND MAKES ME WANNA GET BACK ON ACCUTANE. . . DOES ANYONE KNOW IF U CAN ONLY BE ON ACCUTANE ONCE IN YOUR LIFE???

Yep, we've had many members who had to take a second course of Tane to truly clear up. Unfortunately, not ever having taken tane myself, I can't answer anymore questions on it, but I'll move this to the Accutane forum where people will be better able to help you!

I am on Accutane for the fifth time. If your dermatologist deems it appropriate, you can definitely go back for another course.

Also, I am "on" Accutane, but I am "off" the Caps Lock key... consider doing the same :dance:

Yep, as Hamburglar and Elsewhere already said, you can take Accutane a second time if you need to.

Your dermatologist might not prescribe it again for just oily skin though =( You might want to ask if you can do a low dose (like 10 or 20 mg/day) to help with just the oil.

My friend has been on it twice. Unfortunately, his acne is starting to come back again, though.