Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimie2022

The regimen dont work for me : Is my moisturizer comedogenic ???

Sorry for my bad english !!!

I am on the Regimen since 10 weeks.

But it don't work

So, I put the full dosage Dan’s BP and I am very gentle with my skin

But all day news pimples

But why it don't work ?????

My cleanser, I think it is ok and I rince a lot

Dan’s BP it is ok

But is my moisturizer ok ?????

I am in Swizerland and I can’t order on drugstore.com

And Dan’s moisturizer is not for me, because it contains Jojoba oil (break me out)

So I put EUCERIN DRY SKIN REPLENISH FACE CREAM WITH 5 % UREA

See the ingredients on my signature.

Please, tell me what do you think about this

Comedogenic or not comedogenic ???

Your moisturizer is definitely not good for acne. First off, glycerin is oil. As in, glycerin is the molecule that is the foundation of fats and oils (lipids), so I wouldn't recommend anything with glycerin in it for acne.

Also, Urea? That's the main waste component of urine. Gross, thats pretty much like putting greasy pee on your face and calling it moisturizer.

Your moisturizer is definitely not good for acne. First off, glycerin is oil. As in, glycerin is the molecule that is the foundation of fats and oils (lipids), so I wouldn't recommend anything with glycerin in it for acne.

Also, Urea? That's the main waste component of urine. Gross, thats pretty much like putting greasy pee on your face and calling it moisturizer.

Glycerin is generally known as an excellent ingredient in skin care. It is not known to be problematic for acne-prone skin.. I wouldn't worry too much about glycerin.

And as far as I know, most skin-care products contain synthetic urea. I don't think it's fair to compare it to urine.

reading your signature i'm wondering.... you said you were 99% clear with dan's bp and jojoba oil, and then you started breaking out? how bad was your break out? did you change anything in your regimen? i would assuming after using those products for several months that you wouldn't have a problem with them. did you change anything else? did you start using less bp? did you skip applications? maybe stop being so gentle with your bp application? i would just go back to square one and make sure you're doing the regimen correctly. as far as your moisturizer, i don't see anything wrong with it.... maybe stop using it for a couple days and see if your acne subsides? in the meantime you could use something like cetaphil.

I have not changed

I do not understand

It's unbelievable to me

I only put jojoba and BP

so I thought that jojoba no longer works for me suddenly

I know it is very surprising

Since 15 August 2008, I tried several moisturizers: Dan's moisturizer, La Roche Posay moisturizer and finally Eucerin moisturizer and always acne

I think Eucerin is the best for flakiness but for acne ... ... ?

some people say that their acne came back when they started bottles white instead of blue tubes

An ingredient has changed (propylene glycol / butylene glycol)

??????????????????????????????

Mimie if the bottles dont say non comedogenic then I would not risk it's use. But if it says non comedogenic then it is ok to use. I bet your eucerin bottle doesnt say non comedogenic on it.