Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im sooo tired of my skin i just want it to be cleeeeear. I can't wait to go to my first derm appt. I have NO i dea what im gonna say/do tho....I'm not supposed to wear makeup to my derm appt am i? I ALWAYS wear makeup, im sure u can guess as to the reason why :doubt: , and its gonna be rly hard not to but im sure im not supposed to right? i would assume he'd make me wash my face then...

what do dermatologist usually do on the first appt? can i get prescribed treatment on my first day?... cause thats what i definately want!

Hey i only just found this site and decided to register only to reply to your message lol, anyway yeah ive had acne since i was 15 i think, and im 21 in a couple months so i know how you feel.

I had my first dermatologist appiontment yesturday at my towns hospital. I think its best you dont wear make up as you want her to see how bad it is, having it hidden wont help you much. In my appointment she just had a list of all the medications ive tried and ask me about which ones worked best and if my skin was worse in the past. I told her i had a abit of acne on my chest and back so she asked me to take my shirt off for a look. She said i had cystic acne and prescribed me 3 different treatments...one of which i was already taking. The whole appiontment lasted about 10 minutes and she booked me to come back in 3 months.

Good luck on your appiontment :)

James

Hi, how did your appointment go?

I have had many appointments to see different dermatologists over the past few years and they are more or less the same. However about two months ago I went to see a dermatologist privately who was very nice. He took a lot of photos of me and explained all the treatments and then gave this acne treatment which has 3 steps to it and comes in a box. It has been great. My skin is now sooooo much better. It wasn't even that expensive I don't think.

He saw me again 4 weeks after and now he sees me every 6-8 weeks.

My derm was a douche who sent some intern in to stare at me for 10 mins and examine my face without saying anything, then the real derm came in and took literally a 5 second look at my face wrote me a perscription and told me to leave. I hope your experience goes better. And dont wear makeup haha they're prepared for anything. U can get a perscrip written on the first day

"Hi, how did your appointment go?"

i havent gone yet i go in about a week.

thanks yall for the info, yea i didnt think i should wear makeup but idk i just dont wanna sit in a waiting room full of ppl w/o makeup but ill just have to deal with it i guess. hmm hopefully he's nice. i looked him up on the internet and saw his picture and qualifications. he looks fairly young like in his 30s so hopefully he won't be too jaded yet haha. geez i hope he's nice im scared.

i expected to sit in a waiting room full of the scariest faces on earth. The waiting room was full of children! haha i guess they must have had skin rashes or something i dont know. Dont be scared though, just make sure you know how to use everything properly and things will go fine. Good luck

thanks daxx haha aah kids are the worst! my nephew was like whats that on ur chin the other day lol my dad laughed...i didnt i was like uhh goodness

honestly, i hope your derm is good...

i've had really bad experiences with 3 or 4 different derms...they are usually just kinda rude and weird...i've had only male derms though...

no, don't wear makeup. if you do they will usually just make you wash it off and look at your face for like 10 seconds. so it's just a waste of makeup and time.

just wear some sunglasses or something. that's usually what i do. because i always wear makeup to, so when i have to go to the derm without it, it's really uncomfortable.

you can get a prescription...you should just be firm though...if you're not firm then they might not take you serious.

but i have a question...what were you hoping to get as far as medication?

i hope it goes well for you. please let us know.

:)

I'm not sure i have mostly comedonal acne, like a lot of closed comedones so im gonna ask him what i should get in order to get rid of it, and if there's anyway to get rid of it without it becoming inflamed. idk if an antibiotic like minocycline would work or only a topical