Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JBguy

Why no tattoos?

I recently got my leg done, and I seen that I am to avoid that kind of work while on accutane.

I've been on for 1 month and was wondering what the damage might be, I figure I'll just out an extra amount of moisturizer on it while its healing.

I think its cause it disrupts the healing process of every part of ur body. When ur on accutane not just ur face u have to be conscious of.

accutane makes your skin a lot thinner than it normally is and makes it VERY difficult to heal. since the top layers of your skin are so thin, your tattoo might not take as well (i dont know.... just a guess). i mean... try it if you want. i just hope your skin is healthly enough to absorb the ink properly so you dont have to get it redone (maybe try a small patch, let it heal, and see how it turns out)

well hopefully since you've only been on the medication for one month, the skin wont be affected as badly. i know if i got a tattoo on my leg right now, it would probably fall off. if i cut myself shaving it takes weeks to heal properly. i'm well into month 4, though.

Accutane also makes you more suseptible to scarring since the skin becomes so fragile and takes longer to heal. Seriously, don't waste your money on a tattoo that has a high potential to end up botched due to the Accutane. Just be patient.

Accutane also makes you more suseptible to scarring since the skin becomes so fragile and takes longer to heal. Seriously, don't waste your money on a tattoo that has a high potential to end up botched due to the Accutane. Just be patient.

Agreed! Just save your money for an even bigger piece once you are off your accutane course.