Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yo Adrienne!

Bare Minerals foundation

ive been using Este Lauder Double Wear for almost 2 years and it was AMAZING for oily, broke out skin.... but since im on accutane... my skin has become dry and doesnt need quite as much coverage (thank god). I used Bare Minerals foundation a few years ago and I cant remember if i liked it or not. I've been wanting to find something quick and light weight and wont make my face look really dry. does anyone use bare minerals?

BTW my skin isnt really rough or flakey... the liquid foundation just tends to feel tight on my skin now so thats why i was thinkin about switching back to Bare Minerals

I currently use Bare Minerals.

I am on RAM.. but will be starting accutane in about a month. Retin-a Micro seems to have the same drying effects that accutane does. I have used Bare Minerals when I was clear and broken out... and it is possibly the worse thing to use when your skin is dry... it just makes it more irritated and dry in my opinion. I was just reading your makeup post the other day about Este Lauder's foundation- and i am planning on buying it soon.

I think Bare Minerals is great when your skin is clear to even out tone...but I am currently having trouble with it now that my skin is dry.

ewww i HATE retin-a-micro!! that is the worst stuff ive ever experienced so good luck! haha. yeah i really hope you like Este Lauder Double Wear... it has truly been a life saver for the past 2 years. thanks for the feedback

I hate it too... but it was the last thing I needed to try before my doctor would put me on accutane... I am counting down the days before I get to start...

I am so excited :):)

i use bare minerals...i think it's not so great if your skin is flaky...it's perfect if your skin is slightly oily. good luck!

Hey youngins you are so beautifull I can't wait to see the pics you post after being set free from meds and make up! Bare minerals sucked. It is only good for people with normal skin not to dry not to oily. Thanks for the tip on Este L. The other trouble I have is getting the right color. I am so embaressed because I can't find the right color. toodles

I use it more often than other stuff. I have dry skin too and exfoliate everyday. If you don't it can look weird. I don't break out more when using it even if I stupidly fall asleep with it on. It covers everything too and it has to with me.

I think the foundation primer that BM sells helps your foundation stay on, I don't use it anymore as a base cause my BP cream that I put on before the primer would flake off cause I didn't have time to wait for my BP and lotion to dry completely...

What I used before you introduced double wear to me :) I don't think it covers well as the double wear but still good.

Good luck !

I currently use the Bare Minerals line, foundation, concealer, translucent powder, and bronzer. I have been using the line for appox 3 yrs and have never been anything but satisfied until now! Recently moved from Dallas Texas to Iowa and due to the harsh winter conditions my skin is super duper dry. The make up seems to accentuate the dryness. I'm employing a humidifier, bringing the humidity level in my home from roughly 20% to 40%. This seems to help a lot. Also, I went from a mutli-tasking spf, aha, moisterizer to one which is specifically for sensitive dry skin. This is helping too.

So, would I recommend Bare Minerals? Absolutely! The foundation provides great coverage. The concealer covers break outs and dark circles like nothing else. It's great. Just make sure you are using the correct lotion. Drinking enough water. And I suggest a humidifier.

I think it depends how your skin reacts to bismuth.

Bare Minerals made my skin worse but that isn't the case for a lot of people. I noticed with Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals that they accentuated[sp?] my skin's dryness.

Also it is pretty expensive.

But I do think that it has good coverage. I had moderate acne last year and looking back at pictures on facebook you couldn't tell I had bad skin when I was wearing makeup.

I use Bare Minerals every day. I have oily skin, but if you use their whole set (you can get it for $60 at sephora.com or the bare minerals site) it's wonderful. It's so natural (and believe me, i need natural, because my school doesn't allow girls to wear makeup). the spf foundation is amazing - it gives you coverage without drying your skin.

Also, underneath, I reccomend Clinique Acne Solutions Concealing stick - it's a spot cover-up and it really heals my pimples cause it has salyclic acid in it.

I've been using Bare Minerals for a while. I've only used the concealer and the foundation and it's pretty natural looking unlessif your skin is flaking. The powder sort of makes the flaking even more obvious which gets kind of embarrassing sometimes. If your face is super dry then I don't recommend it but you should go to Sephora or something and try it out!

This has been a big question for me, too. I started using Bare Minerals about a month ago and I absolutely love it. However I should be starting Accutane on Tuesday {crosses fingers} and I was wondering how well the BM will cover once my skin gets dry from the medicine. About a month ago I also started using Differin gel and it has made my face pretty red and flaky in spots and the BM powder foundation seems to cover it and my always-present breakouts pretty well. I am anxious to see how it works once I am on the Accutane for a little while.

This has been a big question for me, too. I started using Bare Minerals about a month ago and I absolutely love it. However I should be starting Accutane on Tuesday {crosses fingers} and I was wondering how well the BM will cover once my skin gets dry from the medicine. About a month ago I also started using Differin gel and it has made my face pretty red and flaky in spots and the BM powder foundation seems to cover it and my always-present breakouts pretty well. I am anxious to see how it works once I am on the Accutane for a little while.

i did the whole retin-a thing before going on accutane and retin-a made my face dry and flakey and GROSS. but my skin is just dry on accutane... not flakey at all so it is more managable. i just odered Everyday Minerals and i love it!!! bare minerals always seemed to make me breakout more and was too yellow ans shimmery so EM is perfect! it works well even though my face is kind of dry. i had a HORRIBLE initial breakout on accutane so i needed to use the full coveral liquid founation, but now a thin layer of mineral makeup does the trick. good luck!

I use bare minerals and love it. I bought the face primer for when my skin turns flakey (just started accutane today!!). One of my friends did that while she was on accutane and said that it helped. Good luck!

In my opinion, mineral makeup is NOT a good choice for oily skin and/or large pores. It has sort of a weird sheen to it, which looks really strange when combined with oil, and tends to accentuate the pores. Also, although it stays on all day, it makes your skin look like vinyl after a few hours.

The thing that made me decide to stop wearing mineral makeup was when a REALLY gorgeous girl with flawless skin and a presumably 36-26-36 figure asked me if I wore Bare Minerals. I told her no, even though I was actually wearing it, and she said, "Oh, well it looks like you do."

Right now I'm just using powder and concealer, even though my skin still looks like salami. I'm kind of paranoid when it comes to foundation.

I agree with The Genius Next Door. When I tried out Bare Minerals and other mineral brands, they just clashed with my skin. It was completely noticeable and didn't really cover any of my scars. So instead of spending $60 on some power, I'll just stick to my foundation and powder. I guess it just depends on your skin.

I'm oily. I like Everyday Minerals in intensive formula. No bismuth oxychloride like BM (what an unfortunate acronym), and doesn't give an industrial shine, nor does it make my skin itch as BM does.

Mineral makeup generally won't work well for dry skin.

i did the whole retin-a thing before going on accutane and retin-a made my face dry and flakey and GROSS. but my skin is just dry on accutane... not flakey at all so it is more managable. i just odered Everyday Minerals and i love it!!! bare minerals always seemed to make me breakout more and was too yellow ans shimmery so EM is perfect! it works well even though my face is kind of dry. i had a HORRIBLE initial breakout on accutane so i needed to use the full coveral liquid founation, but now a thin layer of mineral makeup does the trick. good luck!

I am almost out of it but i was ordering my mineral make up through Sheer Cover. It matches my skin really well. And makes it just look flawless... Kinda Spendy and they just start sending you automatic shipments and charge your card. and you can adjust what you need and how often you need it. I am about to order some more here pretty soon

woops sorry i didn't mean to reply to those that i quoted. i meant to just add on the the conversation... :doh:

Hey I have really dry skin especially since Im using bp now. But honestly I used bm for about two years... and Idk but I think it caused me to have more acne. My face was irritated and it just made my face even more irritated and itchy. And I would always breakout and funny thing is when I stopped using it I stopped breaking out. I dont know if I finally found the regimen thats right for me or what but my acne went away thank god. And Im scared about giving bare minerals another chance lol.

i decided to go with Everyday Minerals instead of Bare Minerals and i LOVE IT! it is sooo much better (and cheaper) than BM!! my skin is very dry now after going on accutane and EDM is perfect... plus it comes in SO many more colors than BM... it definitely matches my skin tone better