Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

Post Tane lost facial definition

I have been off accutane for 2 months, and my face has become quite bony. My face was fine before I had acne and accutane, but what is a good way to gain back fat in your face naturally?

WEIRD!!! my face has thinned out too! i wonder why? i thought my cheek bones were just more definied since the acne/infection was finally gone from under the skin in my cheeks. i dont want my face to fill out again though... i like the more defined cheek bones. maybe find out why it happened it so you can find a way to get your face to fill out again? like dehydration, too much/lack of something in your diet.. i dunno. good luck

To be honest the same happened to me and I noticed when finishing accutane and my appetite increased my heating habits normalised again I started putting weight back on my face to the point it was before. It made me look more healthy. I wouldnt worry about it too much, things should become normal again. Remember stress can also play a role in how you look.

I have the same exact thing going on except I'm a guy and it makes me look a lot younger.

My counter to this is eating a TON when I'm on winter break (2 more days of class yeaaaaaaaa boiiiiiiiiiii) .. I've also lost 10 pounds.

For guys, maybe some facial hair / not cutting your hair really short will help you, I know it did for me ;)

Is this just because of weight lost on accutane? someone mentioned it to me yesterday but I think its just due to me losing about 5 pounds while on accutane.

I have the same exact thing going on except I'm a guy and it makes me look a lot younger.

My counter to this is eating a TON when I'm on winter break (2 more days of class yeaaaaaaaa boiiiiiiiiiii) .. I've also lost 10 pounds.

For guys, maybe some facial hair / not cutting your hair really short will help you, I know it did for me ;)

Funny you say that because I am growing my hair out at the moment.

I feel like I look different, younger or more sickly now or something. I look at photos of me before (okay, just before getting acne) and I look so vibrant and alive. Now I look tired and weak. Some people have said I look older or just "different" though. I dunno. Generally they notice that the acne is gone, and that was the goal, so... yay!