Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S_5

couple questions to the Tane users

Sup guys? I know drinking is obviously a No no , but what would be the indicator that your drinking too much? Would it only be shown in the blood tests? Basically I get drunk once a week, sometimes once every two weeks, but yeah my blood tests keep coming back normal. I'm on 70 mg.

Second question is .. for you weightlifters, are you guys able to lift without issues? My bench / squat / DL are respectable not as good as they once were, but I notice I'm not AS strong as I was pre-tane. Not sure if the two are related.

And last..for those of you with problem areas, did you notice throughout your course your problem areas stayed the same? Basically every area of my face is either clear or fading EXCEPT my left temple area which is meh.

So yeah .. I know its probably been covered but I need opinions on my specific case. 70 mg a day on day 67 ish right now.

"Second question is .. for you weightlifters, are you guys able to lift without issues? My bench / squat / DL are respectable not as good as they once were, but I notice I'm not AS strong as I was pre-tane. Not sure if the two are related."

You're lucky. My back and is so sore, deadlifts and squats are out of the question. I can't even do the bar without feeling serious back pain.

But yeah, I've lost quite a bit of strength, but that's mostly because of my eating and sleeping habits (went from 6 meals a day, to 2-4, and now go to bed at 5AM and get up at 1PM). I was up 24 pounds since the first of summer, and now I'm down to 17. It's discouraging. Especially since I know my back won't be better for another 4 months or so..

Oh well, if it gets rid of my acne it'll be worth it. I'll just work harder at the gym later.

Don't be silly. Achohol can increase the chance of experiencing severe side effects while you will on accutane. I would not have drink even a single drop of beer if I am on accutane.

While drinking once or twice technically isnt going to 'break the bank' on a course of accutane.... it just isnt very smart. Especially if you happen to be a regular drinker.

I do know this; when i was on accutane, my liver couldn't hold alcohol very well in the 2 times i did drink over 6 months. A decent amount of alcohol gave me one bad stomach ache in my body for the next day or so.

Clear skin?

or

Wasted for a short period of time with possible liver problems in the future?

you decide :whistle:

Paper Mario I feel you bro. I was at like 190 before I started accutane now I'm like barely 180 which sucks considering I'm 6' 2" .. but yea its definately becoming harder and harder to hit the gym like I used to.

Epiphany yea I get you, but total I've probably drank about 4 times in 10 weeks so I'm sure that won't do anything. Out of those 4 times, I've gotten trashed twice, so I really doubt that will do anything to my course of accutane. I'm definately going to take this weekend off from drinking though even though school will be out.

Forgot to mention when I do drink I always eat afterwards so I don't see how that could be a problem.