Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valo_123

Cortisol levels anyone?

I finally got a phone call back from the endo, she says the only problem with my hormone tests was with my cortisol levels, they were above normal. Immediately, of course, I started looking if there is any correlation between heightened cortisol and acne. According to most the places I've looked, there is evidence to suggest that excess cortisol could lead to acne (Stress=acne).

Is there anyone that has gotten these levels checked or has gotten treated for high cortisol? Apparently high cortisol can impare or alter sugar metabolism...although I'm not sure how. Maybe that would explain why carbs/sugars are such a problem for me. Any knowledge anyone could offer on the topic would be appreciated.

I finally got a phone call back from the endo, she says the only problem with my hormone tests was with my cortisol levels, they were above normal. Immediately, of course, I started looking if there is any correlation between heightened cortisol and acne. According to most the places I've looked, there is evidence to suggest that excess cortisol could lead to acne (Stress=acne).

Is there anyone that has gotten these levels checked or has gotten treated for high cortisol? Apparently high cortisol can impare or alter sugar metabolism...although I'm not sure how. Maybe that would explain why carbs/sugars are such a problem for me. Any knowledge anyone could offer on the topic would be appreciated.

Look into "adrenal fatigue".