Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
{DC}

What Does AHA+ feel like?

Hey all,

I am on the verge of buying this. But I have bought so much crap this year its beyond belief. I currently have been using Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and the AHA cream too. Both leave my skin feeling tacky, shiny and greasy...esp the lotion.

I also have tried Amlactin, Lac-Hydrin five. These both leave my skin feeling tacky or sticky too.

I am looking for an AHA lotion that doesnt leave your skin in that state.

What does Dan's feel like?

Does it leave your skin feeling sticky or tacky, or greasy and shiny?

Tired of wasting money :boohoo:

So any feedback would be great.

also does Dans SA+ feel the same as the AHA+?

Anyway thanks for any help :surprised:

Short Answer: it feeeeels GOOD!

Makes skin perfect, lighten and remove scars. (red/brown spots as well)

Smell is fair, the ingredients are great.

Hey all,

I am on the verge of buying this. But I have bought so much crap this year its beyond belief. I currently have been using Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and the AHA cream too. Both leave my skin feeling tacky, shiny and greasy...esp the lotion.

I also have tried Amlactin, Lac-Hydrin five. These both leave my skin feeling tacky or sticky too.

I am looking for an AHA lotion that doesnt leave your skin in that state.

What does Dan's feel like?

Does it leave your skin feeling sticky or tacky, or greasy and shiny?

Tired of wasting money :boohoo:

So any feedback would be great.

also does Dans SA+ feel the same as the AHA+?

Anyway thanks for any help :surprised:

i been using dan's AHA since friday, and i gotta say that it is probably too early to be expecting results. But it doesn't leave your skin shiny or greasy, the only thing it does is leave your skin sorta sticky, but its fine since your not supposed to touch your face anyways.

it is sticky, like when I try to blow my nose the tissue gets stuck on my nose (not like literally stuck, but the tissue won't slide on my skin)....i find it a bit shiny, but i'm guessing it depends on your skin type. However, I saw GREAT results by the third week, which is this week. My complexion is so much more even, lighter. I had small post hyperpig. which is now practically gone and larger ones are fading. I mostly use it overnight though, so maybe that would work for you?

thankyou all for your feedback.

Its much appeciated.

Looks like its almost impossible to make an AHA lotion that isnt sticky.

I may buy it and use it only at night. Another person just said that the new SA+ is much more liquidier than the AHA+ and that it also absorbs better too. Maybe I should try that instead?

Paula's Choice makes a very lightweight AHA gel. It absorbs almost instantly and leaves neither a matte or oily finish. just something to consider if you are looking for something that's not in a lotion or cream base.

The AHA is now also more liquid like the SA, I think there's a post in here somewhere about how Dan changed it at the beginning of the month. I'm not sure if its still sticky, but now both of them look almost the same coming out the bottle.

Paula's Choice makes a very lightweight AHA gel. It absorbs almost instantly and leaves neither a matte or oily finish. just something to consider if you are looking for something that's not in a lotion or cream base.

I bought Paula's AHA 8% and let me tell you, it didn't do anything. Not only that, it flakes and it's sticky. I couldn't tolerate it anymore and I returned it back.

I find it kind of sticky and it feels like my face is burning when I've used it. I just started using it and I hope the burning feeling goes away.

i wouldn't say it's necessary "sticky." i found i can only use a small amount, and i have to kind of let it sink into my skin rather than continuing to try and get it to absorb like bp. when i apply my bp, i can rub my fingers all over my face until my face is completely dry. you can't do this with the aha+ though. it balls up if you work with it too much, or if you use too much of it. it's all about trial and error. if i were you, i would definitely try it out, but i would use up what you have first.

Hi I have received my Dan's AHA+ today

Is it normal that the product is really liquid?

When I shake the container it really feels like a thick liquid not a cream.

I received my aha+ today also. Yeps it's liquid and not thick creamy. I love the feel of it, I applied it on my hand to test it out and stuff. It also dries up a few minutes later and doesn't feel that sticky at all. The smell is not too bad either. Later after shower I will apply it to my face.

I think the best way to describe it would be:

"It's like buttah"

I love love LOVE it. I've used it 2 days in a row and already my skin is soooo smooth to the touch. My complexion is getting a little better, too. There is a slight tingling when you first put it no, but I don't think it's that bad. Also, I don't think it's sticky at all.

Hope this helps.