Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NowakFilip

Open Pores On My Face

i have open pores on my nose, chin, and cheeks and i have tried everything people say works for them to no success. i have tried differin, salycic acid, scrubs, toners, but nothing has worked. let me know if you find anything that does!

My dermatologist told me that open pores on nose are EXTREMELY hard to heal. Even he has some and he said he's tried everything and it's hard to heal. I'd just live with it. Other places have a good chance though, try derma roller. It's really good for this.

This is ridiculous, because my dermatologist never told me that the medication can open my pores so much and now I will have pores all over my nose and upper cheeks.

I would rather have acne on my face then having open pores, because right now it looks like someone nailed my face with construction nails.

Waiting for some more responses to my question and thank you once again for your answers.

Hi

I got several on my nose and cheeks. Fairly sure nothing I've tried has worked to close them and I now consider them scar tissue. I've noticed that larger pores have appeared where I've previously squeezed blackheads or pimples, so think this may be the cause and now wish I hadn't.

btw if you go see your dermatologist he can use a dermatoscope to see if the pores have any scar tissue ... im guessing if there is scar tissue then the pores will stay like that

ive been told by my derm that dermaroller will help

i read that intradermal botox is used for temporaly making pores smaller. search google about it if you want to know more.

i also hav many large pores on my nose and i hav ebeen told by my dermatologist (Dr Chu - if your in teh uk) that dermaroller will help

are your pores clogged with blackheads or sebecoues material becuase every large pore that i have it clogged ... i think in my case the pore has been stretched to allow the clumped up crap out of the pore ... the pore has been streched beyond its elastic properties so something that could restore elasticity to the skin should help return it to its normal size - this is just what i think has happerend in my case though

btw Lemarr who has been doing dermaroller for a while now has told me that the pores will tighten up alot

you might wanna check out a product called Terproline

I got pores on my face from a medication called Tazorac.

I didn't have them until 1 month ago, they started to show up and now it looks extreme.

I'm gonna see my Dermatologist on January and see what he's goign to say about those pores.

I hope there is some kind of cure, like laser treatment or something that he can think of that will cure it.

I didn't have them until 1 month ago, they started to show up and now it looks extreme.

I'm gonna see my Dermatologist on January and see what he's goign to say about those pores.

I hope there is some kind of cure, like laser treatment or something that he can think of that will cure it.

That is very interesting. Tazorac is supposed to have the opposite effect on pores.

How big are we talkin about?? I think I have some open pores too, but they have been like that ever since I started using acne medication. They dont widen or shrink they just stay like that.

do you sweat a lot? because that can contribute. i'm pretty sure you're a dude but if you want to wear a little powder on your face it might stop more pores from opening up. i don't know if they make it anymore but a few years ago i used to use this translucent powder made by clean & clear that was sold with the other acne stuff, plus it didn't look like makeup (it had a bluish color) & wasn't in a girly container or anything so no one would think you were feminine if you threw it in your gym bag

yea thats quite strange ... Tazorac has been show in studies to reduce the size of pores and wrinkles. can you remember if you had clogged pores before you starting using Tazorac. I know that when my pores are clogged with those little white things it makes my pores seem smaller but when i remove them there is like a hole left in its place.

something that would restore elasticity and maby collagen should help.

Btw pores do not open or close ... but they can be stretched wider by things like blackheads / clogged pores etc