Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HOMEOSTASIS

All science begins with the understanding of cause and effect relationships and that everything is connected in some way, sometimes the causes can be complex and multiple, and TRUE CAUSE can seem elusive.

so the stability of the organism all starts with perception of events, concepts, or facts, and what you think that means, or what you believe that means to you. Good/bad dangerous /safe love/hate, frustration/satisfaction, etc. any path of reasoning that produces certainty and your emotional reaction to what you believe is certain or how you have interpreted reality.whether this perception or belief is accurate or not, your body reacts to it regardless of your skills in logic and reasoning or beliefs.

this changes your bodys functioning, to either fight or flight, or to be safe and relaxed or even mixed and confused, which can be hopelessness helplessness like depression.

this requires a different nutrient balance and requirement.

if this continues, certain vitamins are depleted and you develop a deficieny.

if this still continues, certain cells or enzymes for certain systems do not perform optimally as these vitamins are reserved ONLY for critical processes like the brain and heart and organs, then skin or something else suffers.

everything your body does will suffer in some way, every system that is interconnected with eachother will malfunction, you will NOT be able to continue at a certain level of chronic stress, or lack of nutrients needed to maintain that level of stress.

if this continues still, your body trys to adapt and genes start switching.

there is a point where your body cannot adapt, and some part of it will fail.

perhaps!!!! most disease is a loss of this homestasis and the entire stability of the organism, which is cured by changing the environment, changing what things mean to you or resolving the issue at hand, then building up the bodys vitamin reserves so that eventually all cellular processes are running optimally again.

Forget about what is going on with your skin. Your entire body and self regulation or emotional regulation, or decisions about what to do about the way you feel, there is no one part of it that isnt part of the rest of it, it is one system. Understanding and tending to what is going on in your brain and what is going on in your diet will become your health insurance policy, till the day you die.

this theory was developed when i learned that i had a magnesium deficiency, magnesium is a major mineral that maintains the bodys homeostasis or stablity after a stress challenge, whether real or percieved, whether chronic or acute. Chronic stress will deplete magnesium, as well as other vitamins, but magnesium is hard to restore by just diet alone, you could be deficient for years and develop more diseases because of low vitamin reserves and compromised system functioning.

I just started to take liquid magnesium with calcium and vitamin d. The reason why i believe this is a major discovery for me, is that i just feel so god damn great!!!! i actually took it for stress but i didnt know it would do anything for my acne. I always told myself that if i feel inside a major change, then whatever it was that caused that, is healthy for me, ive never taken a vitamin that made me feel this different, its like the jackpot vitamin, the change was obvious and measurable by my sense of well being.

Now ive completly changed my entire view on why i feel the way i do and even perhaps why i have acne, and curing any deficiencys i may have developed over the years. Your body has vitamin reserves for optimal functioning, if you arent absorbing the nutrients or after a major bout of stress you havent taken enough time to rebuild your reserves many systems suffer. So its probably a good idea to max out these reserves every once and a while to rebuild them so you are always running on max.

seriously i feel so much better, its awesome, while i dont want to make any assumptions about its benefit for acne, my skin has improved in just three days, which is great, but what is even greater is the way i feel, and no vitamin i have ever taken has given me such instant benefits.

I am taking a product called NATURAL CALM that is a drink powder in addition to vitamin d and calcium.

I also plan on taking larger amounts of vitamin D.

I believe this completely. The program I am on is based on healing the entire body by building it's nutritional fortitude with food/ supplements while avoiding what breaks it down. The program is HERE, and several other .org members are on it with good results. As far as I know, I am the only one fully on it 100% since I have candida pretty bad and am tired of it. Anyways, there is alot of excellent healing articles, including those on Herring's Law of Cure.

I wasn't completely convinced until my body started retracing symptoms that I've had in the past-rashes, infections, chest pains, acid reflux and even a broken bone. My pinky finger ached since I broke it years ago, but about 2 months into this program it got red/itchy and ached like crazy for about two weeks- then went away completely!

Another good site explaining natural healing and relating it to acne

Nice description of the placebo effect.

why thank you!!!haha

my opinions are based even on scientists opinions as well as my own observations. Although i wouldnt expect you to take my word for it, as language is merely a map for reality, and not the reality itself, for you to take an absolute position before understanding it or evaluating it or investigating its possible truthfullness, would only be a detriment to yourself.

Criticize the idea, but with reason not with ridicule.

Rip it apart as perhaps, it could be wrong perhaps nothing to do with acne, but what i feel inside, from this one vitamin, you will never know my friend, that is undeniable.

The production of new knowledge, will be exactly that, something you didnt expect at all, because you are not the one who decides how the universe works, the evidence and reasoning does, we are merely mediums for gods truth if our minds are attuned correctly to percieve it. If you are not god, you are never in a position to know the next card being dealt from the deck. We are not the ones who decide how simple or complex, extravegant or humble the answer will be.

Outstanding post Auto ^ thanks.

Is this the one you mean?

thats the stuff, but i they have a version also with calcium added, you want to take magnesium with calcium together because they have a wierd relationship with eachother, cant remember the exact details but mag competes with calc for absorption by the body, low MG causes calcification of tissues and organs where too much MG depletes calcium, or something like that if you want to know the exact details its something to research, but when you are younger generally magnesium levels are higher. Another intersting fact is that low mg, increases oxidants, which is crazy considering the oxidants are suspect in many diseases, i guess they are finding out now that MG is also an antioxidant. Another interesting fact is the relationship between life stress, MG depletion, Free Radical Agining theory seems all to eerily connected.

To control this whole process seems to be replenishing your magnesium stores, and void off stress(enjoy your life) so that the high stores and antioxidant capacity stays at a high level, helping ward off disease.

Acne itself is suspected to be caused by oxidative damage, which theoretically could be caused by prolonged stress and depleted magnesium. Acne patients also suffer from reduced glutathione(anitoxidant) and interstingly enough, magnesium is known to boost Glutathione levels. So there are some very interesting connections.

here is some back up cutting edge info

Magnes Res. 2008 Jun;21(2):124-30. Links

Effects of long-term dietary intake of magnesium on oxidative stress, apoptosis and ageing in rat liver.Martin H, Uring-Lambert B, Adrian M, Lahlou A, Bonet A, Demougeot C, Devaux S, Laurant P, Richert L, Berthelot A.

Laboratoire de Toxicologie Cellulaire, EA 2SBP, UFR des sciences micales et pharmaceutiques, Besann, France. [email protected]

In the present study, we investigated the effect of long-term dietary Mg intake on the rate of oxidative stress, apoptosis and ageing in rat livers. To address this issue, rats were fed diets containing either a moderately deficient (0.15 g Mg/kg diet), a standard (0.8 g Mg/kg diet) or a high (3.2 g Mg/kg diet) Mg dose for two years. It is noteworthy that a higher percentage of animal mortality was observed in the lowest Mg diet, as compared to the other groups. Oxidative stress and antioxidant status were evaluated by measuring different enzyme activities, among which glutathione peroxidase activity was significantly reduced when Mg content was decreased in the diet. Moreover, we obtained an activation of caspase-3 and a higher lipid peroxidation in the Mg-deficient group, as compared to the Mg standard group, while no changes in Mg-supplemented group were observed, in accordance with our previously published data in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes (Martin et al., J Nutr 2003). Telomere shortening was measured in rat livers, as a marker of ageing. We found that telomere length was decreased in old animals, as compared to young animals confirming that telomere shortening correlated well with ageing events. Moreover, in old animals, we obtained a decrease of telomere length in the Mg-deficient group, as compared to the other groups. Taken together, our results show that a long-term chronic Mg deficiency led to oxidative stress, apoptosis and an acceleration of ageing in rat livers.

Effects of long-term dietary intake of magnesium on oxidative stress, apoptosis and ageing in rat liver

In the present study, we investigated the effect of long-term dietary Mg intake on the rate of oxidative stress, apoptosis and ageing in rat livers. To address this issue, rats were fed diets containing either a moderately deficient (0.15 g Mg/kg diet), a standard (0.8 g Mg/kg diet) or a high (3.2 g Mg/kg diet) Mg dose for two years. It is noteworthy that a higher percentage of animal mortality was observed in the lowest Mg diet, as compared to the other groups. Oxidative stress and antioxidant status were evaluated by measuring different enzyme activities, among which glutathione peroxidase activity was significantly reduced when Mg content was decreased in the diet. Moreover, we obtained an activation of caspase-3 and a higher lipid peroxidation in the Mg-deficient group, as compared to the Mg standard group, while no changes in Mg-supplemented group were observed, in accordance with our previously published data in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes (Martin et al., J Nutr 2003). Telomere shortening was measured in rat livers, as a marker of ageing. We found that telomere length was decreased in old animals, as compared to young animals confirming that telomere shortening correlated well with ageing events. Moreover, in old animals, we obtained a decrease of telomere length in the Mg-deficient group, as compared to the other groups. Taken together, our results show that a long-term chronic Mg deficiency led to oxidative stress, apoptosis and an acceleration of ageing in rat livers.

PMID: 18705541 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

Although i must stand beside myself and my hypothesis as merely tentative predictive statements, i can at least continue to hold my convictions strongly about how this vitamin has improved the way i feel, my ability to handle stress and some decent skin improvements to boot.

I dont really want to jump the gun and make any claims about what it will do for acne in the long run, but just take this crap because it is essential for the production of atp, the number one energy source for all cells, this includes the immune system and the brain and the skin and every other system in your body, if you cannot make atp because you are low on magnesium, every system will suffer.

this is one major way stress (or its perception) will for surely kill you and age you and bring on disease.

@AutonomousOne1980

The article "The five levels of healing" by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt is a must read for you:

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/st..._of_Healing.pdf

Great post! Your theory is true, emotional issues influence the body's physiolgy and can cause all kinds of diseases.

And it's not like: "Yes, emotions have an impact on the body, because when I'm angry I always get a stomach aiche" - Emotions have a far greater importance on health than that.

Unresolved emotional issues very concretely deprive your body of certain vitamins, minerals, etc.. It's been shown many times that once you resolve certain emotional issues (and there are great techniques like Hellinger's family constellation, Feldenkrais, EFT, Hypnosis, and many more)the according levels of vitamins, etc. will rise again.

These emotional issues can be as far back as your childhood, even from your birth, and they don't necessarily have to be tragic incidents like early loss of a parent. It can be a very small thing that you won't even remember now, but that had a great impact on you and still has not been resolved and thus keeps to bother you subconsciously. There are techniques like Psychokinesiology, biotensor, working together with a talented clairvoyant person, to uncover these emotional issues from your subconscious.

Although emotions are a major factor of health, they are not the only one. For example nutrition and toxins are two other factors equally important to your health. So even if you're an emotionally stable person (meaning you have few emotional issues bothering you), you won't be healthy if you don't eat right. And even if you're doing well emotionally and nutritionally, you won't be healthy if your body is full of toxins.

So far I'm liking this magnesium and would be incredibly stoked if it ends up sorting out my anxiety ADD and lack of energy, which some purport it is capable of. Thanks for the tip A-1.

before/after pics please.

oh yea, if it does anything major for my acne i will love to prove it to you conclusively, although that will just have to take time.

the main point of this article is to present a hypothetical model for disease states of the body, and to tell people how magnesium has sent my energy levels skyrocketing and curing my fatigue. I also made a claim that there was a great benefit to my skin, but never did i claim it cured it nor was going to cure it, because i do not know that yet. so most of this is hypothetical eyt based on my own experiances.

But i would recommened it highly for fatigue, but i cant exactly take a picture of my atp molecules for you!! you will just have to consider my words as a map of the reality of my experiances, the proof will make itself known in following the map i have provided.

So far I'm liking this magnesium and would be incredibly stoked if it ends up sorting out my anxiety ADD and lack of energy, which some purport it is capable of. Thanks for the tip A-1.

i can say it is highly likely it will help you immensly.

why thank you!!!haha

my opinions are based even on scientists opinions as well as my own observations. Although i wouldnt expect you to take my word for it, as language is merely a map for reality, and not the reality itself, for you to take an absolute position before understanding it or evaluating it or investigating its possible truthfullness, would only be a detriment to yourself.

Rip it apart as perhaps, it could be wrong perhaps nothing to do with acne, but what i feel inside, from this one vitamin, you will never know my friend, that is undeniable.

The production of new knowledge, will be exactly that, something you didnt expect at all, because you are not the one who decides how the universe works, the evidence and reasoning does, we are merely mediums for gods truth if our minds are attuned correctly to percieve it. If you are not god, you are never in a position to know the next card being dealt from the deck. We are not the ones who decide how simple or complex, extravegant or humble the answer will be.

It read more like preaching than actual science. I guess you knew god well and he didn't.

No, it's just not THA MASTA THEORY.

1. Not all vitamins are stored.

2. You can practically find researches on any supplement saying that it will do this and do that. The difficulty is to include some credible researches and frankly you failed to include ANY This is however understandable because you're just pulling random hits from google and pubmed on magnesium.and then to make a huge fuss out of it.

I suppose magnesium gets the FDA approval from tests on lab-rats, no?

3. Looking at your exhausting list of cures in your signature, how many times have you added miracle supplements that you believed it miraculous helped your acne then only to add more supplements on top of it because they somehow miraculous lost their effect? You don't think you understand the simple concept of PLACEBO.

I've lost count on the number of times you posted about miracle cures based on your 'well-informed' studies that undergo literally ZERO critical appraisal (credibility check) and you included simply because you could Copy&Paste.

4. Overdosing on anything is bad. With your MASTA THEORY not only you're misleading people to waste money, you're also put people's health in jeopardy. Of course in the end it's entirely the person's decision to follow your religion or not, but they are not making ANY informed decision

5. Using big-words doesn't make your post more credible, scientific, nor intelligent.

why thank you!!!haha

It read more like preaching than actual science. I guess you knew god well and he didn't.

No, it's just not THA MASTA THEORY.

1. Not all vitamins are stored.

2. You can practically find researches on any supplement saying that it will do this and do that. The difficulty is to include some credible researches and frankly you failed to include ANY This is however understandable because you're just pulling random hits from google and pubmed on magnesium.and then to make a huge fuss out of it.

I suppose magnesium gets the FDA approval from tests on lab-rats, no?

3. Looking at your exhausting list of cures in your signature, how many times have you added miracle supplements that you believed it miraculous helped your acne then only to add more supplements on top of it because they somehow miraculous lost their effect? You don't think you understand the simple concept of PLACEBO.

I've lost count on the number of times you posted about miracle cures based on your 'well-informed' studies that undergo literally ZERO critical appraisal (credibility check) and you included simply because you could Copy&Paste.

4. Overdosing on anything is bad. With your MASTA THEORY not only you're misleading people to waste money, you're also put people's health in jeopardy. Of course in the end it's entirely the person's decision to follow your religion or not, but they are not making ANY informed decision

5. Using big-words doesn't make your post more credible, scientific, nor intelligent.

ahh sweet.

I will most certainly admit that you can go back in time to observe my mistakes and claims, just as you could anybody else on this board, this is the process of all human learning, and yes im guilty of it, its the nature of the beast, i simply wasnt born of perfection.

The fact that i have had past theories or hypthesis that may have not worked does not transfer over to any new theorys or hypothesis at all. how many different hypothesis did einstien or thomas edison come up with and throw out as time passed??

im sure you could go back to when i was a little kid and listen to some of the things i would say and then say, ahhh he will never amount to anything, listen to what he said when he was five??? yea i probably said things a five year old kid would say.

but as you approach the present time i will say loudly, THEORY and not FACT. So within the very title of my post, ive already released myself from any wrong doing and possible inaccuracys.

here is a quote from well, myself!!!

seriously i feel so much better, its awesome, while i dont want to make any assumptions about its benefit for acne, my skin has improved in just three days, which is great, but what is even greater is the way i feel, and no vitamin i have ever taken has given me such instant benefits.

I dont really want to jump the gun and make any claims about what it will do for acne in the long run, but just take this crap because it is essential for the production of atp, the number one energy source for all cells, this includes the immune system and the brain and the skin and every other system in your body, if you cannot make atp because you are low on magnesium, every system will suffer.

as you see, ive made it clear that i didnt want to make any assumtions, but i am open to the possibility of vitamins being at least partially involved in disease, and it actually goes right along with the reccomendations for vitamins in general, to avoid disease, what i am saying is not even new at all, vitamin c and scurvy, calcium and rickets, what i am saying is not even that big of a deal. cooky or crazy. there is no reason to even be on my ass at all.

or perhaps its just THAT good and it makes you cry because you didnt say it first!!

and lets put this into perspective here, is what i am doing any more misleading or damaging then some derm allowing a kid to go on accutane 6 times in their lifetime?? on this board there have been people that have been on the drug multiple amounts of times, to me that isnt good science, science is about reliable knowledge, if the shit was that reliable why still so many discrepancys??? and now the lawsuits that are coming out against the manufacturers for irritable bowel syndrome?? you are criticizing the wrong person my friend, but i enjoy it, its fun for me.

And just remember that accutane is made from a vitamin!!!! theres no way my theory is that crazy at all. No way in hell this is crazy. It may even be so sane, that i now appear crazy.

You either are thankful for my efforts and understand them as hypothetical and as i communicate them to you. Or i should just stop trying at all and give up right???but of course i will continue, either way thanks for the input. But we are all just here to have a good time right????

love peace and happiness.

I just want to say that this theory of mine has served me well in diagnosing my fatigue, it has been almost four weeks since ive started taking magnesium citrate in powder form known as natural calm. I feel better then i have felt in almost two years may be even the last ten, fatigue depression and anxiety seems like an old faded memory, ive stopped taking magnesium because i had become saturated with it, and now its effects seem to be maintained by my body now.

My skin has improved a bit, its softer and more plump, which also could be due to increasing calcium and potassium intakes as well, yet some acne still remains.

So in a nutshell, the theory is based on the fact that the body stores many minerals of which the actual reserves cannot be measured with much accuracy as far as i know since it is located in the bones and cells. But as the reserves get low, the body hoardes this stuff to keep your heart going and organs functional, leaving many other processes to suffer, which manifest as skin problems hair problems, hormone issues etc etc. But mainly i had to figure out why i was so fatigued, now i would like to see if this approach can obliterate my acne as well, by checking the status of other minerals.

One of the biggest keys to curing a deficiency as fast as i did, is the factor of absorbability, which is very real which i have become convinced from my own experiances from taking 1500mg of magnesium oxide/glucose blend, and feeling just a little of the effect, then switching to 615 mg of mag citrate in ionic form, which was absorbed and effects were felt within mere minutes, as with the pills it was very hard to notice.

I assume it would have possibbly taken two-three months to completly cure my deficit in MG with the oxide/gluconate mix, so it is great to have this technology at our disposal, but perhaps a little dangerous as well!!

Now my focus is on the production of atp, as it is the fuel for many enzymes in the body its what all cells and muscles use for energy, quite possibly even for an enzyme that regulates the production of retinoic acid(what accutane is made out of), which i have yet to investigate, so this may be somewhat of a connection for why bad diet and possibly stress as well as genetic susceptability, help to encourage acne to develop and many other diseases as well. Its the mineral status over time that may be the culprit to many diseases and how the low reserves interact with genes as well as enzyme activites and even hormone activitys.

I say that the minerals and vitamins may be first causation to every process in the body as the correct usage of the vitamins are dependant on the presence of minerals.

Creatine increases ATP production....so do you think that creatine would help at all?? I mean I was taking creatine for bodybuilding for months and It never made my acne worse or any better that I noticed.....have any ideas?

Creatine increases ATP production....so do you think that creatine would help at all?? I mean I was taking creatine for bodybuilding for months and It never made my acne worse or any better that I noticed.....have any ideas?

honestly i dont know enough yet to answer a question like that with any real accuracy.

creatine from what i remember recycles atp, so after it is used, it is then recombined with a remaining element and make more energy to increase muscle endurance. I would think creatine is just a performance enhancer for muscle tissue break down, but i dont really know. So that is all "think" i know about that. Creatine is just a performance trick. really, just take more magnesium and phosphorus as your body stores atp as MGatp, and atp is adenosine tri phoshate, so it also depends on phosphorus to be constructed.

Thats the best i can do for now really.