Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hackattack

water only method

i want to prove to some people that putting soo much shit on your face can just make things worse.

I have mild acne.. blackheads nose on my, a couple white heads, and sometimes i get 1 cyst every now and then

my skin tone is what sucks rite now, so this is what im really looking to improve.

ok so here we go!

Day 1 aka 10 minutes ago: Splashed lukewarm water on my face, then splashed cold water.

No change haha.. as expected

By reading the title, I thought you meant you were only going to drink water from now on. Washing your face with just water sounds like it won't do much other than possibly irritate the face. I tried it before when I didn't have a job and couldn't afford products. Didn't really seem to affect me positively or negatively. I don't like your chances, but good luck.

OK so its been a couple days and ive washed my face once with water... and i must say wow i never realized how irritated my face was from medicating it everyday.. my skin tone is slowly fading back to normal!!! and my face overall looks clearer!! no pimples either!!! yaaaay. i still just have a little red marks and some small white bumps under the skin here and there!

damn all this non washing stuff makes me want to try it cuz i have mild acne ( maybe 1-2 active pimples) and my face is always ready and flaky which i think is do to tazorac and benzaclin but i cant bring myself to quitting every topical. Ive taken accutane which worked wonders but slowly but surely acne returned. Should i tri this method, 20 year old male. Let me know how things go please.

damn all this non washing stuff makes me want to try it cuz i have mild acne ( maybe 1-2 active pimples) and my face is always ready and flaky which i think is do to tazorac and benzaclin but i cant bring myself to quitting every topical. Ive taken accutane which worked wonders but slowly but surely acne returned. Should i tri this method, 20 year old male. Let me know how things go please.

20? male? thats me. yeh go for it i say.

i havent had an active pimple in a week..... thats all i gotta say! my face ha a better tone but still can improve. less redness! i just got to top picking my face! ahh thats the main problem, i think.

I Have been pimple free for weeks now!! my skin has finally caught up with itself and is healing itself. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MILD ACNE/PEOPLE WHO PICK AT CLOGGED PORES AND MAKE THINGS WORSE... i say start with an AHA product like i have for a couple weeks... do nothing for a couuple days.. then wash with only very mild cleanser. ( i use st ives microdermabrasion and apricot scrub). my face has gotten to the point where i dont need a moistrizer!

-Dont you guys see.... when you look at one of ur friends faces and you spot a pimple or two... the next week its completely gone... becuase 1 most people dont care about it and no to leave it alone. 2, your face can heal on its own, just takes time! and 3. your friends prolly not using retinoids, Bp, etc.

I SAY LAY OFF THE CRAP AND RIDE IT OUT.. thats what both of my brothers have been saying to me for years.. they went through it and now have zero blemishes. finally i listened

I've decided this is my new method as well. Roughly three weeks ago, I was washing with just the BP cleanser and had overall better results. Then this last week I began using BP thinking it would clear up the areas that were already clearing. Prior to this week, my skin was improving, but the breakouts were mild. THIS WEEK, all my breakouts have been large cyst like acne and my face has been overly dry.

My acne is always light to moderate and in summer I am 100% clear. I need to find the balance in winter and i'm thinking topicals are not the answer for the short or long term.

I Have been pimple free for weeks now!! my skin has finally caught up with itself and is healing itself. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MILD ACNE/PEOPLE WHO PICK AT CLOGGED PORES AND MAKE THINGS WORSE... i say start with an AHA product like i have for a couple weeks... do nothing for a couuple days.. then wash with only very mild cleanser. ( i use st ives microdermabrasion and apricot scrub). my face has gotten to the point where i dont need a moistrizer!

-Dont you guys see.... when you look at one of ur friends faces and you spot a pimple or two... the next week its completely gone... becuase 1 most people dont care about it and no to leave it alone. 2, your face can heal on its own, just takes time! and 3. your friends prolly not using retinoids, Bp, etc.

I SAY LAY OFF THE CRAP AND RIDE IT OUT.. thats what both of my brothers have been saying to me for years.. they went through it and now have zero blemishes. finally i listened

amen, im glad you woke up to this fact.

nice.

id prob ditch the scrub though. if you need to exfoliate, it would be better to do it manuelly with a baby brush or toothbrush or something of the like.

i havent had an active pimple in a week..... thats all i gotta say! my face ha a better tone but still can improve. less redness! i just got to top picking my face! ahh thats the main problem, i think.

I dont know i think it depends for everyone. ultimately i have to agree that topicals arent the answer, we werent meant to rub chemicals and gunk all over our faces, heck most ppl around the world dont and they have great skin. However complications from our western way of living, etc which causes issues like hormone imbalances and the like, are not going to be helped by JUST washing with water. I tried to water only thing for about a month and can tell you that my face looked atrocious. i have to say that the "angriness" of my pimples decreased, however i still broke out badly, had uneven tone and a REALLY awkward texture. perhaps i should have stuck with it a bit longer, but i was not going anywhere near the direction of progress. I know that i have low progesterone and am currently supplementing to see if that improves my PMS and acne.. however if something like hormones is your issue you need to get to the root of that problem and not expect miracles by just washing with water. i still encourage that you give the water only thing a go while addressing your hormone or diet issues, but it is a two way street so be informed about your specific body needs. if the progesterone works, im getting off of this differin and going with water and a moisturizer with spf only.

Do you just use water from the tap? and splash on ur face or do you just use bath water or however, im curious on how to clean ur face with just water. i don't use products because im paranoid about making things worse, but mine gets better then gets worse, kinda wierd, im stuck atm. im hoping things will change =]

i'm trying this out too, actually more based on parker's trial of it last year (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/rid-acne-good-t203220.html&hl=parker)

isn't it funny how their are waves of people trying the same things to cure acne simultaneously? i was trying out that b5 thing a couple of months ago (was very expensive and didn't work at all, even at 15 grams) and now it seems everyone's on to not washing/water only and it's just funny...

as far as progress, i'm on my second week maybe and i have lots of baby pimples all over and whiteheads on my forehead. i think it's purging maybe? i'm at least telling myself it's a good thing.

i'll keep you in the loop. good we're going through it together

@pdbq

Holy cow!!! His thread is omgwtfbbq eye opener!!

Lots of people already testify to this unorthodox method and yet they are afraid to try even though they are destroying their largest organ with all those chemicals!!! It's so sad, I pity them! :(

hackattack- how are you doing with this?

i'm like three weeks in maybe? and i still have little pimples everywhere and my forehead is COVERED in whiteheads. a few are coming to a head even. does this mean it isn't working for me since these are clogged pores? does that mean i need to exfoliate or if i ride it out my body will eventually unclog them for me?

just to clarify, i'm not using ANY products at all. no deodorant, no shampoo, no cleansers, no moisturizers, nothing at all. i wash my hands before eating and after using the bathroom, but that's it.

i walked along the train tracks today and picked up a dead dog carcass so i thought it'd be best to use soap. it'd be stupid to get some disease just for the sake of some acne regimen.

so i used soap on my hair and legs

by face looks pretty bad. little red bumps, clogged pores, and whiteheads. its oddly really red and inflamed too. huh. how's everyone doing with this?

check out this site: *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

I'm sorry if that is what is happening to your case. Mine is still doing great. I'm hoping for the best for you!

my face has gotten dry- i feel like this may be good! when i swipe my hand over my forehead, all of the pores' crumblies fall out. this seems promising, fingers crossed