Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Knee

Feeling Down :(

Hey guys and gals,

So I am in a really sad state right now, and I could use help. So... I fit a common acne-prone skinny body type. I have a BMI of 16 and I am a male.

I need help with this. Recently, I've dropped my carb count (also low fat, high protein). I still get about 60-70% of the recommended daily intake of carbs, but I don't know if this is enough for a growing teen. Lately, I've been extremely fatigued, and have huge black circles under my eyes. I've also been taking fiber supplements, because they help prevent breakouts, but they also seem to emaciate me :(.

I've been on accutane once, and the breakouts went away, and now they are starting to come back. The low carbs with fiber is working to keep it mild, but my lifestyle state is in the gutter. I can barely find the energy to do little things.

My circulation is very bad I think, as my hands are always cold, and I have red marks (from acne) that have been on my face for almost 1.5 years.

Can someone help me out? If you have any questions, ask away. BTW I'm 16 years old (and recently :redface: have given up masturbation [so far about 2 months] in hopes of gaining my energy back although the impact was minimal)

Thanks

Any input appreciated

Low fat? Why? And 60% of RDA is not exactly low carb... Do you know how many grams of carbs you have a day?

Have you been sleeping enough?

Quitting masturbation for energy? I don't get this one at all.

Well, I noticed too much fat made me break out (IE too many nuts). And I'm not actually going for the low fat thing, it just kind of happens with my diet :/ Now that I think about it, I probably get 70-80% RDA fat

I get about or just under 200g carbs (estimation)

And the masturbation thing... lol... when I used to, I would be very tired days after I did it, but then about 3 days after I would be much more energetic. So I decided to stop all together.

Nuts are a common allergen, it doesn't mean fat breaks you out, not sure how that would happen. They usually also don't have too great of an omega 3 : omega 6 ratio, if that might have anything to do with it.

Personally, I don't buy into the RDA. I don't think it helps me in any way shape or form.

Keep the fapping to night time.

What works best for me is high fat + high protein (thus low carb... under 25g usually for me), although a low-GI diet has worked in the past to keep my acne to a minimum.

Nuts are a common allergen, it doesn't mean fat breaks you out, not sure how that would happen. They usually also don't have too great of an omega 3 : omega 6 ratio, if that might have anything to do with it.

Personally, I don't buy into the RDA. I don't think it helps me in any way shape or form.

Keep the fapping to night time.

What works best for me is high fat + high protein (thus low carb... under 25g usually for me), although a low-GI diet has worked in the past to keep my acne to a minimum.

listen to glass danse. i'm on a high fat/high protein diet/low carb diet, and feeling much better now. before my diet was high carb/moderate protein/low fat. since changing my diet, i've had a lot more energy, but i had about two weeks of fatigue until my body got used to the change.

to the poster above me, are you on keto?

i started doing an anti-candida diet for the next five months (two weeks into my second month already), but after reading more about the Ketogenic Diet as explained on wikipedia, i'd say they are quite similar.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/intro1.php

^that's the general idea behind the diet i'm on at the moment.

take natural calm (magnesium citrate drink), sublingual b12, and fish oil it will obliterate your depression and also help your acne.

here another smart guy thta endorses magnesium for depression http://george-eby-research.com/html/depression-anxiety.html

Our soils are very depleted of this mineral, thats even if you eat the right foods that have it and the kind that is in multis is hard to even absorb. Couple of seroius life stressors and you are in deficiency land my friend.