Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa Marie

Yet Another Accutane Log

Well, to start off, I just turned 20 in October and I've had mild to moderate acne since I was 11 or so. While my acne isn't horrible, nothing I have tried (and I have tried pretty much everything) has worked, so my derm put me on Accutane (well, generic -- I'm on Amnesteem).

When I went to get my prescription, my derm wasn't there, so I saw a NP, and she prescribed me 80mg/day. She explained that my doctor always prescribes things by weight but she always starts with a higher dose. I've been reading a lot of your posts and a lot of people are only taking 40 or even 20mg/day. I only weigh about 110 pounds. I guess we'll see what happens.

I took my first pill on Friday night, but I'm going to call Saturday day one, so today is day three... so far, I've noticed the dehydration, and I've been tired a lot, which may or may not be related. I woke up Saturday with a horrible migraine that didn't go away until late yesterday, but I am prone to migraines anyway, so that may be a coincidence. I feel a little stiff, maybe, but that could be from the weather right now (very rainy and cold... ew!).

On the plus side, my skin really looks great. I'm sure that won't last because at 80mg I'm expecting to get slammed with a horrible IB, but it's nice for now. I haven't noticed any extreme dryness yet -- there were two or three flaky spots on my forehead (which is generally unaffected by my acne), but mostly I have noticed that my pores are shrinking a LOT. That's exciting.

I'm crossing my fingers that when/if I do have an IB, it'll be after next week, because of Christmas parties and a big date on 26th.

Did anyone else start off taking 80mg/day?